Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help combi boiler.. which shower?

• 01-09-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

bought a house that has a combi boiler and I need a shower that works best with it. Ive heard crap reviews on the combis with water pressure and also temp changes. We had a power shower in our last home and I really love the pressure from them but as you can use the power shower Im just wondering what would be best. Dont want a crappy spit of a shower iykwim. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Mira coda pro.

Cheap reliable, looks decent and great flow rates

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rmckeown

im getting mixed reviews of combi boilers.. is there anything now in the renovation process to ensure I will have a nice powerful shower flow? rather than installing it and tiling etc etc then realising its crap :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

rmckeown wrote: »
    im getting mixed reviews of combi boilers.. is there anything now in the renovation process to ensure I will have a nice powerful shower flow? rather than installing it and tiling etc etc then realising its crap :-(

Well Is it run off a pump or mains water? And if a pump, what kind?

rmckeown wrote: »

Your getting mixed reviews because combi's need to be fitted properly taking into account installation requirements and suitability, when these requirements are ignored then combi boilers tend not to work very well, don't blame the product blame the fool who fitted it;).

I would advise fitting a electric shower if it's feasible to do so, you may still find a element of the issues you described which are mostly water pressure orientated but you will have a secondary source of hot water if ever you have boiler problems(god forbid)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

Gas or oil?

• Advertisement

Its run off mains and is gas. Sorry Im vague but I havent a notion bout all this. Alls I know is I want a strong shower ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I personally dont trust our mains water to provide a reliable consistant pressure for a combi-boiler set up.
    If you want reliable strong pressure, then you could consider having a cold water storage supply and a pump feeding the boiler and the cold taps / showers.

this has been mentioned before... cheers k.flyer!!!!

Advertisement