Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

baileborough, shootings and the place locked down

2»

Comments

are you listening to the garda scanner? not seeing anything online about this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Sounds a bit like Southcliffe.

Hope its not as bad as we are hearing .

has your Dad gotten away from area Emo?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Tragic situation, probable loss of life, a small peaceful town in turmoil... All you can do is bitch about the media response? I'm sure lots of newsteams are aware of what's going on, but unlike kneejerkskynewssuperduper reports with a powerful legal team behind them, they may wait and

See what the story is...
    Contact the Gardai, see what sensitivities need to be dealt with.
    Check out if there are there kids involved.
    Liaise with authorities and ensure their reporting won't compromise a dangerous situation.
    See if the family have been contacted etc etc...

They do the exact same in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Slane, Kerry etc.... Get over yourself and think about the people involved and their families.
    WTF? when have you ever heard of reporters not reporting you idiot-its there job not a hobby...go away to the Dublin forum...,,,,this is not the USA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Its over and hes been arrested (apparently)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

Jake1 wrote: »
    Hope its not as bad as we are hearing .

has your Dad gotten away from area Emo?

yeah he made it home. at first i thought he was making up an excuse for not going home. i was saying to him "just tell me ma you went to the pub!"

emo72 wrote: »
    yeah he made it home. at first i thought he was making up an excuse for not going home. i was saying to him "just tell me ma you went to the pub!"

haha, glad he made it home.,,be funny if your ma probably didnt believe him anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

muincav wrote: »
    WTF? when have you ever heard of reporters not reporting you idiot-its there job not a hobby...go away to the Dublin forum...,,,,this is not the USA!!

I'm not an idiot, I often post in the Dublin and other forums in a helpful way. It's reporters jobs to report in a sensitive way, to get the facts properly and not to release information that will compromise a building tragic situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,483 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No further loss of life. Thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

muincav wrote: »

It's a regular occurrence actually. Irish news reporters will regularly hold back on reporting on sensitive situations until the time is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,483 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My friend is now saying that it's still going on and that there was false information put out saying it was over.
    The plot thickens.

any update?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Alright guys please keep this civil. There is no need for arguments on this issue.

This is a very sensitive situation and possibly still ongoing so no names, and try to keep with the facts. If anything is posted outside of the rules please report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's a regular occurrence actually. Irish news reporters will regularly hold back on reporting on sensitive situations until the time is right.

You're bang on.

But, I guess what muincav craves will be what most people will want eventually. 'Expose' type of reporting will be the norm. Close knit community respect will be a thing of the past and crimes of passion, crimes due to mental illness etc.. will be demanded to be reported here and now regardless of who or what families will suffer.

It's a shame, but, as muincac says, you can't have a social media blackout. There's always a few that will have to lay out the bare (minimum) facts to garner "thanks" or internet respect amongst their peers.

is it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gman0174

Won't be going there again! Mad bastids...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Yes its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Still ongoing, according to FB. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Anglo Celt is saying its a double tragedy but you cant open the link or even the website

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Aye, posted a few minutes ago on the Celt's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/anglocelt
    Gardaí have said the incident in Bailieborough is ongoing, we do not anticipate any more updates tonight. We will report official gardaí statements when they are ready to make them in the morning.

• Advertisement

Jesus. Sorry bout that I heard he had surrendered but word of mouth and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Davdee1

Must be over now??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Irish Lurcher

Bad craic boy

Ongoing. Gardaí say not to expect further updates tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Was pub staff involved or outsiders. i have family there in pub business. i dont want to call home and worry mam?

Broadsheet.ie posted a screenshot of the Anglo article... Not going to post it here for fear of rule breaking.

Giggernaut wrote: »
    Was pub staff involved or outsiders. i have family there in pub business. i dont want to call home and worry mam?

Check broadsheet.ie tbh. It'll calm your nerves, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

dregin wrote: »
    Check broadsheet.ie tbh. It'll calm your nerves, I think.

A very sad situation, thanks for the link - much appreciated. Gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

• Advertisement
Advertisement