Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Applied Software Technology-Ericsson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭rayself

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Hi for anyone who got athlone me and a friend are going to look for accommodation for september and wondering if anyone else who got in was interested in sharing accommodation, would make sense with us all going to college and hopefully working together in the future! was thinking four or five in a house would be ideal!

Hi I got athlone and have previously posted about accommodation, I got a place 2 minutes walk from the college I think its €250 a month and includes internet, bins and sky tv, it was the best place around as I looked at a few, places in athlone go very fast. If you are interested drop me a private message and ill send you the landlords number and i'll try find a link to the house, there is two houses connected and the landlord owns both so could be enough rooms left for you and your friend. Would be great to be living with others doing the Ericsson masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 terraflop

rayself wrote: »
    Hi I got athlone and have previously posted about accommodation, I got a place 2 minutes walk from the college I think its €250 a month and includes internet, bins and sky tv, it was the best place around as I looked at a few, places in athlone go very fast. If you are interested drop me a private message and ill send you the landlords number and i'll try find a link to the house, there is two houses connected and the landlord owns both so could be enough rooms left for you and your friend. Would be great to be living with others doing the Ericsson masters.

Hi Ray,

Where are the houses located. Looking to move up myself and want to get it sorted soon. Rents seem to be going up sharply and a lot of landlords won't rent to students...

terraflop wrote: »
    Hi Ray,

Where are the houses located. Looking to move up myself and want to get it sorted soon. Rents seem to be going up sharply and a lot of landlords won't rent to students...

Hi they are located directly opposite the college (below is a link for pictures of the 2 connected houses) I found this place to be best for price and low deposit. Ring liam and he will let you know if there is places left, let me know if you get a room cheers, Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hi we're looking for one more to search for a 4 bedroom house, contact me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 terraflop

hi we're looking for one more to search for a 4 bedroom house, contact me if interested!

Thanks man. I'll be moving up with my fiancé so probably looking at apartment or outside of town going by the rent prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gojony

Hi guys I'll be attending the masters in AIT too and I have set up a facebook group for participants to find accommodation and when the masters begins it could then be used to discuss anything regarding the course. I cant post a link to the group but it's named 'AIT Ericsson Masters 2014/15'.

gojony wrote: »
    Hi guys I'll be attending the masters in AIT too and I have set up a facebook group for participants to find accommodation and when the masters begins it could then be used to discuss anything regarding the course. I cant post a link to the group but it's named 'AIT Ericsson Masters 2014/15'.

I searched for the group but it says "there are no results for AIT Ericsson Masters 2014/15"

can you try message me the link

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NeilDoherty

Hi,

I was recently accepted into this Masters Programme and would be looking to share accommodation with others doing this course, so if anyone is still looking for housemates feel free to message me. I would also be interested in joining the aforementioned Facebook group if someone could give me a link.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi currently have two double rooms available in a 5 bedroom house less than ten minutes walk from the college if anyone is interested pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blen

Hi guys got accepted a few weeks back, just wondering about joining your facebook group , could someone send me a link. I'm not looking for accommodation but it will be useful when the masters starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Hephaestus560

Realise this is an old thread but I'm applying for the course this year. Was there an obvious leaning towards hiring those who were unemployed and were there many new graduates in the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

Howdy folks,

Where does one apply for this course exactly? I can't seem to find it on the AIT website??

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gojony

Dalmighty wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me information about this, their marketing it as a 1 year masters and internship and a permanent job on successful completion?

There's a link to the masters on the GradIreland website where you can apply by email [http://] gradireland [dot] com/graduate-jobs/jobs/263826

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

Hey guys,

To dig up an old thread, how did you all get on with the course and being in Athlone in General?

Any words of advise.

I have an ordinary degree, but do know a little bit about Java. Does anyone know if it is for honour degrees only?

Hi Eoin,

I Just did the interview last week so no info on the course itself. I think they specify a 2.1 minimum for the masters.

Hope this answers your question,

H.

Hi Eoin,

I Just did the interview last week so no info on the course itself. I think they specify a 2.1 minimum for the masters.

Hope this answers your question,

H.

Oh you had the interview already? That must mean you did the aptitude test also. How do you feel you did? What kind of background are you coming from?

Hi for anyone who got athlone me and a friend are going to look for accommodation for september and wondering if anyone else who got in was interested in sharing accommodation, would make sense with us all going to college and hopefully working together in the future! was thinking four or five in a house would be ideal!

Hey, can i ask how you got on with the course and employment in Ericsson? Something you would still recommend. If all goes well i'll be starting in September, if you think you will have a room available then let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MoleRat

great course in terms of the skill set it gives you but its tough - but isnt everything that's worthwhile. Job is much more laid back. Very nice place to work - can be a bit frustrating in how slow things can be to implement but there are great benefits here too.

eoinp11 wrote: »
    Oh you had the interview already? That must mean you did the aptitude test also. How do you feel you did? What kind of background are you coming from?

Hey Eoin,

Only just saw your reply to my post. To answer your questions:
    -Felt the interview went badly enough (but I must have been wrong about that). The aptitude test went well.
    -I will graduate as a Mechanical Engineer in May.

How did you get on yourself?

I got a place myself about a month ago. Would you be interested in getting accomodation together?

Heph

MoleRat wrote: »
    great course in terms of the skill set it gives you but its tough - but isnt everything that's worthwhile. Job is much more laid back. Very nice place to work - can be a bit frustrating in how slow things can be to implement but there are great benefits here too.

Yea the common thing i hear is that it is intense, but i guess 1 year of intensity is better than dragging it out for 3 years. Care to elaborate on the slow implementation and great benefits? :) Anything else you would have liked to have known before starting?
    Hey Eoin,

-Felt the interview went badly enough (but I must have been wrong about that). The aptitude test went well.
    -I will graduate as a Mechanical Engineer in May.

How did you get on yourself?

I got a place myself about a month ago. Would you be interested in getting accommodation together?

Heph

Hey, yea, sharing accommodation would be a good idea. But i gotta get a place first. Have my aptitude test on thursday. Have no idea how it will go. Practiced a few (even though i know it's not something you can exactly prep for) what kind of tests were they? I heard about making a box out of the shapes one is there.

Doubt your interview went too badly if they accepted you! Congrats

• Advertisement

There are 4 tests. The first two are based on finding errors and following a set of formatting rules and applying them to code (You don't need to be able to read, write or understand the code), The second two are about manipulating sets of shapes.

One involves applying "commands" to sets of patterns (commands like rotate, swap around etc.). The other test involves working out what commands are being used to manipulate letters and numbers. It is kind of like the other test but in reverse.

You won't be able to finish any of the tests. There designed to be too long to finish in the time.

There are 4 tests. The first two are based on finding errors and following a set of formatting rules and applying them to code (You don't need to be able to read, write or understand the code), The second two are about manipulating sets of shapes.

One involves applying "commands" to sets of patterns (commands like rotate, swap around etc.). The other test involves working out what commands are being used to manipulate letters and numbers. It is kind of like the other test but in reverse.

You won't be able to finish any of the tests. There designed to be too long to finish in the time.

Sounds fun. Can you use a pen and paper? If not i'm screwed! I'll try find some similar tests for some practice. You choose to study in Athlone or Dublin?

eoinp11 wrote: »
    Sounds fun. Can you use a pen and paper? If not i'm screwed! I'll try find some similar tests for some practice. You choose to study in Athlone or Dublin?

Yeah they give you rough work paper. I chose Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aamartin

Hey, just wondering how long it took them to get back to you after you sent in your CV?

Had to check the dates on my emails: about 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chrupeq

Hi they invite me after aptitude test to interview could someone tell me what questions could i expect?
    In previous posts i heard they go through CV but more specify do they ask questions like:

Whats your weakness?
    or
    Tell me about your college Project?
    or
    Technical knowledge?

I been in interview in "Avaya" and the questions they asked me were crazy like i would be experienced developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nona_1986mm

chrupeq wrote: »
    Hi they invite me after aptitude test to interview could someone tell me what questions could i expect?
    In previous posts i heard they go through CV but more specify do they ask questions like:

Whats your weakness?
    or
    Tell me about your college Project?
    or
    Technical knowledge?

I been in interview in "Avaya" and the questions they asked me were crazy like i would be experienced developer.

hi ,
    did u know if u are accepted or not? and when?...
    thank u

hi ,
    did u know if u are accepted or not? and when?...
    thank u

Hi Nona,

I got a reply one week after the interview, but it varies for people. Some of the people in the class had to wait 2-3 weeks.

I hope this information is helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nona_1986mm

Hi Nona,

I got a reply one week after the interview, but it varies for people. Some of the people in the class had to wait 2-3 weeks.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank u for replay
    i have interview next week . how can i prepare myself for this interview?

• Advertisement

I can really say is be friendly and forthcoming. We all had different questions, for instance, I was asked if I saw myself as a leader, how I worked in groups, how I dealt with workloads.

Others got different questions.

Advertisement