Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dyns

Options
  • 12-01-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi Guys i got a ip cam for xmas can anyone recommend a free dyns or other way of viewing it outside my network

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I paid No-IP 20USD for 2yrs of 20 Dynamic hosts. Works well and worth at that price (€6 p/a).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

dyn-dns used to give a few free hosts ..maybe they still do?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dyn-dns used to give a few free hosts ..maybe they still do?

They removed that deal in the last year or so. Which is a pain as lots of off the shelf kit only supports them.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Hi Guys thank for all your advice,

and yea i have tried a few and signed up free, but i have an old eircom router and none of them give any basic details about opening the relevant ports all that, that's the bit i'm lost on, did any of you guys have an eircom router , its the old silver one

• Advertisement

Thank you

Thank you vet muck I'm back later to night and I will give it a go tomorrow and I will let you know thanks again

yuloni wrote: »
    Hi webmanie,

Don't know if you got sorted but as I was over in the home-place tonight, I took some screens from the Motorola Netopia of how to forward ports. Granted, I didn't test the result but it should put you on the correct track

Let me know if this sorts you out. I can look again if not

1. On the routers home-screen, select Custom Services

1.png

2. There is a list of presets available but you can define your own

2.png

3. With "Port Forwarding" selected, press Next

3.png

4. Enter the details something similar to below and press Next
    I'm not entirely sure what "Base Host Port" requires but I just filled all as one

4.png

5. Press Done

5.png

6. From the list of presets, select your newly created port
    Press Enable

6.png

7. Next, your asked what LAN device you want to reveal
    You probably should ensure to set a static IP on that device
    You can do this through the router also (try perhaps Expert Mode > Configure > Advanced > DHCP Server)

7.png

8. Your opened port range should appear listed

8.png

Hi yuloni thank you for the info, I done all and ticked all boxs but No luck yet the dyns is a bit of a head banger to set up but i will keep plodding along

thank you

• Advertisement

Hi yuloni

Thank you for that. I did the remote bit ok but it cant see it, so i might just go for a static ip it might be easer for me I dont have much hair left :(

Advertisement