Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Open Button Not Working On Car Stereo In Toyota Avensis TR Hatchback

• 21-07-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me out. I drive a Toyota Avensis TR model (Hatchback).

Recently, the open switch stopped working so I'm unable to change the CD in the car as a result. The Tilt switch still works no problem, however the Open switch no longer works when I press it so the screen no longer slides down to allow me to eject the CD. Anyone have any idea's on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is the double din satnav?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Higgie50

Higgie50 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I hope someone can help me out. I drive a Toyota Avensis TR model (Hatchback).

Recently, the open switch stopped working so I'm unable to change the CD in the car as a result. The Tilt switch still works no problem, however the Open switch no longer works when I press it so the screen no longer slides down to allow me to eject the CD. Anyone have any idea's on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Colm,

I believe it is. I hope you can see this reply as I can no longer see your comments. Thanks for your quick reply. Appreciate it.

No problem, I seem to remember these being troublesome, we used to (dealer) send them off to get fixed. They would've been uk imports and outside warranty. Sorry that's not much detail

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Higgie50

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No problem, I seem to remember these being troublesome, we used to (dealer) send them off to get fixed. They would've been uk imports and outside warranty. Sorry that's not much detail

Hi Colm,

Where are you based please? I'm based in Athlone in Westmeath, and I was hoping to track someone down who could take a look. Do you know of someone or anyone else I could contact? It's a royal pain not to be able to use the CD player to say the least. Thanks again.

There is a regular here called iamthemanwork who could surely help you out, he's not too far away from you either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement