Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tragic yet worrying scenes in waterford last night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hit everything on the head there Zulu, can close this thread now. No more can be added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

BnwdqjjIUAE2iiD.jpg:large

Paul Byrne of TV3 posted this photo of the railings with spikes where incident occurred .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Not assault no

Never in a fight in your teens, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

old hippy wrote: »
    No, not one involving a group of my friends going around to a family home at attacking it, no.

Hit everything on the head there Zulu, can close this thread now. No more can be added

No, this thread should remain open as testament to man's inhumanity to each other. Be it those who allegedly assault others and those who gleefully rejoice in the deaths of others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

BnwdqjjIUAE2iiD.jpg:large

Paul Byrne of TV3 posted this photo of the railings with spikes where incident occurred .

Bizarre.

Yes a few verbal altercations alright.

Zulu wrote: »
    No, not one involving a group of my friends going around to a family home at attacking it, no.

What they allegedly did was at the more extreme end of teen behaviour but then so is the joyful reaction to the tragic death here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Whats pathetic is the posters defending this person.

Well, if this is directed at me, I never defended him.
    To accuse people of "circle-jerking" because they point out the bloody obvious is pathetic. (The obvious being: people aren't sad to see bad things happen bad people.)

It's a little bit more than people not being sad, people are taking great pleasure in the fact that this lad had his life taken away because he did something which, while bad, is hardly worth dying over.
    His death wasn't a punishment. He wasn't punished by anyone (other that fate). Get over yourself and get over your moral outrage. Take comfort in the fact that this person won't ever assault you, in/at - for the pedants - your own home, with your children.

Christ on a bike.

It'd be quite difficult for him to assault your kids if they are on the back of that really high horse you're on!

Also, who said he assaulted anyone? You don't know if he assaulted anyone.

What they allegedly did was at the more extreme end of teen behaviour but then so is the joyful reaction to the tragic death here.

You are ruining the torture fantasy circlejerk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

No sympathies and have no need to look at myself in the mirror
    Society will be better off without him
    Shame the other 3 are still around to carry out more trouble in the future

well this simpleton(as you put it) is happy to take this as meaning he deserved. why is it a shame they are still around.where would you want them to go
    Also like to point out I don't think anyone said "he deserved death" but some people said they have no sympathy...there's a bit of a difference.

drumswan wrote: »
    You are ruining the torture fantasy circlejerk

Never mind, there'll be another one round soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

Hearing that one of the guys arrested is a relative to the man who died in his cell last summer in Dungarvan Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

A young guy died, a life lost that could have been rewarding and productive. Haven't we all done things in our youth that could be considered anti-social?

Like hang around outside peoples houses and throwing bottles at them when they come out?

You have to be having a laugh?

Don't live near Waterford. Don't know anyone involved. Feel sorry for the Garda and his family. No one should be hanging around confronting people with bottles in the early hours. Up to no good. Zero sympathy.

lighterman wrote: »
    well this simpleton(as you put it) is happy to take this as meaning he deserved. why is it a shame they are still around.where would you want them to go

To prison for a long time which obviously wont happen, slap on the wrist and out on the street again to cause more havoc.

Its concerning that some people have just resulted to saying circle jerk and high horse and some sort of way to make a point

To prison for a long time which obviously wont happen, slap on the wrist and out on the street again to cause more havoc.

Course ya did.Thats exactly what you meant.:rolleyes:
    Its concerning that some people have just resulted to saying circle jerk and high horse and some sort of way to make a point

You've a lot to be concerned about.God help ya

Course ya did.Thats exactly what you meant.:rolleyes:

You've a lot to be concerned about.God help ya

Then its good that there's one less scrote out on the street for me to worry about so isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Why do you keep posting in bold? Is what you have to say really that much more important than what everyone else in the thread says?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Also, who said he assaulted anyone? You don't know if he assaulted anyone.
    I'm no big city lawyer, but it's worth remembering that assault is the intent to cause bodily harm.

All I know is that he choose to terrorise an innocent family in the middle of the night. Was confronted by the father. Fled like a coward. Injured himself on railings while fleeing. And is now dead.

...and there are some that are morally outraged we don't find that tragic; that we don't sympatise with this thug. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Like hang around outside peoples houses and throwing bottles at them when they come out?

You have to be having a laugh?

Don't live near Waterford. Don't know anyone involved. Feel sorry for the Garda and his family. No one should be hanging around confronting people with bottles in the early hours. Up to no good. Zero sympathy.

I assure you, I find nothing in this thread amusing.

All I know is that he choose to terrorise an innocent family in the middle of the night. Was confronted by the father. Fled like a coward. Injured himself on railings while fleeing. And is now dead.
    How do you know that out of interest?

I'm no big city lawyer, but it's worth remembering that assault is the intent to cause bodily harm.

...and there are some that are morally outraged we don't find that tragic; that we don't sympatise with this thug. :rolleyes:

So you can prove that he was intent to cause bodily harm and that he was terrorising the family.

How do you know that out of interest?

Which part are you struggling to accept?

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Why do you keep posting in bold? Is what you have to say really that much more important than what everyone else in the thread says?

Not at all. I do it when I'm multi quoting.I apologise if I've caused some offence or annoyance to you

Which part are you struggling to accept?
    Im struggling to understand how this version of events are so easily accepted. Who says this is what happened, the Garda in question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

So you can prove that he was intent to cause bodily harm and that he was terrorising the family.

None of us can prove anything. If you think the media are making all of this up, why did you open the thread with a link to a media article?

Im struggling to understand how this version of events are so easily accepted. Who says this is what happened, the Garda in question?

Please put forward a version of events that would be more plausible at this moment in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Then its good that there's one less scrote out on the street for me to worry about so isn't it?

You have vague details of this story. You're pleased this lad is dead and you're worried about scrotes on the street? I'd be worried about something else if I was you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

A young guy died, a life lost that could have been rewarding and productive. Haven't we all done things in our youth that could be considered anti-social?

I've tried and tried and I simply cannot remember that time in my youth where me and a gang of lads went to throw bottles at the police. Funny that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement