Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Play Music Now Available In Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Its not 15GB, that's the storage you have split between Gmail and Google drive.

Its 20,000 songs you can upload, mine were around 35GB altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Chinpool wrote: »
    Did this change? I thought it was 20,000 songs (mine still has the counter and doesnt count towards my gmail/drive)

I'm just waiting on my Fibre before I get cracking on uploading all the FLACs and WAVs I have, once its 20k tracks I don't know if I will ever fill it in all honesty... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

EGriff wrote: »
    Its not 15GB, that's the storage you have split between Gmail and Google drive.

Its 20,000 songs you can upload, mine were around 35GB altogether.

Correct. I've uploaded just over 5,000 songs which is about 30GB so I could possibly use 120GB (if I had that many songs!).

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

Any way of uploading playlists from iTunes to it? I've downloaded the music manager but that has no option for it. Seems to be an issue from what I've been reading.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just set this up on my server now.
    Have 19,156 songs to upload :eek:

Wonder how long that will take??...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just set this up on my server now.
    Have 19,156 songs to upload :eek:

Wonder how long that will take??...
    Hours to days depending on your upload speed. Even with UPC (10Mb/s upload) it took a whole day as it didn't constantly utilize my full amount of bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Any one know where music purchased from Google play store is stored on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Do the songs take up memory on your phone or is it taken up on Google's servers through the cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Any one know where music purchased from Google play store is stored on my phone?

Cached on your sd card in Android/Data/com.google.android.music/cache

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Hours to days depending on your upload speed. Even with UPC (10Mb/s upload) it took a whole day as it didn't constantly utilize my full amount of bandwidth.

I have 100mb upc, should be finished now, must check when I get home.

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I have 100mb upc, should be finished now, must check when I get home.
    I have the same and like I said, it often ceases to use your full bandwidth despite telling it to in the settings. It might still be done but don't get your hopes up. It's fine, though, just let it run in the background and enjoy what has been put up there. Every song that gets uploaded or matched is instantly available to you on the cloud.

Cached on your sd card in Android/Data/com.google.android.music/cache

Not there. I've read a few posts since and it seems that these files are hidden on certain devices for some reason.

Not there. I've read a few posts since and it seems that these files are hidden on certain devices for some reason.

Looks like theyre stored on the root in /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music

Looks like theyre stored on the root in /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music

Yup. Kinda silly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah, I wanted to play my offline content via power amp. Apparently this is possible but you don't see any tag info, its all "unknown artist", so kinda pointless really.

Yeah, I wanted to play my offline content via power amp. Apparently this is possible but you don't see any tag info, its all "unknown artist", so kinda pointless really.
    Really? The tags should be done properly, I normally download songs I purchase on my desktop and the tags are all done properly. I don't have any music on my Nexus, I'm happy enough to stream, so I can't confirm how it works when you download to a phone.

It is also a bit crap if they're saving to the /data partition and not the SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

If you're streaming everything how do you listen if you're abroad with no data connection? Can you still have it on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

biebiebie wrote: »
    If you're streaming everything how do you listen if you're abroad with no data connection? Can you still have it on your phone?

You can choose to keep songs on the device.

Also you can download them from Google Play store website directly big you want proper mp3's.

Just realised the other day my all-access trial was up. Charged my credit card without any problems so yippee \o/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What are the advantages of paying?

What are the advantages of paying?

Googles version of Spotify combined with all the albums youve uploaded

How are you finding all-access compared to spotify and was it easy to get signed up?

I'd like to switch myself, I'm a sucker for a nice UI and Googles is a million miles ahead of spotify.

Easy enough to sign up. US proxy and adding a random US address to my card on google wallet.
    In terms of choice theyd be about the same (each having the odd thing the other doesnt).
    Spotify gets new tracks a little faster and seems to be more data friendly overall.
    Googles radios tracklists are better imo but the way it integrates with your uploaded music & you can add albums to your library is miles better then Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I signed up in May for $7.50 which works out as a little over €6 per month.

Been using it heavily over the past week and it appears to be almost as good as Spotify in terms of music content. It does appear to be a little heavier on the phone battery.

You can change the streaming quality now which you couldn't do at the start so dropping it would save a bit of data and battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I'm not that impressed by the subscription service. I've found searching for content to be limited. Not sure whether I'm going to keep it up.

Advertisement