Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fetac Offers from CAO

• 30-07-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi

I was just wondering if anybody knows when Fetac applicants get offered a place in uni? Are we part of Round 0 (Non-Standard applicant) or do we have to wait until the 20th for the Round 1 along with the Leaving Cert applicants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RebeccahLouise

Hi there! We're part of round zero! So we get to find out this Thursday at 6am (I think it's 6am) Good Luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

Hi! Thanks for that. Only two days left oh my God! Thanks Mr S for your reply too. Good luck to ye. I hope you get your first choice! :)
    Hi there! We're part of round zero! So we get to find out this Thursday at 6am (I think it's 6am) Good Luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Applicants who applied for a place via the Higher Education Links Scheme (generally to the universities) will receive their offer in Round 0 while applicants who are assessed under the Pilot scheme (genrally in the Institutes of Technology) compete with Leaving Cert students for a place and they get their offers in Round 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

May I ask ye Posters who are waiting for College Entry from the FETAC Route; - if your Course was available in College / Level 7, why did ye go for it in PLC? Am always just curious about this.

*Delete post please Mods, it's possibly rather off-topic. T.y.

Hi. What does your question mean exactly? I don't quite understand it! Thanks :)
    May I ask ye Posters who are waiting for College Entry from the FETAC Route; - if your Course was available in College / Level 7, why did ye go for it in PLC? Am always just curious about this.

*Delete post please Mods, it's possibly rather off-topic. T.y.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Days are passing dreadfully slow. Best of luck everyone!

Applicants who applied for a place via the Higher Education Links Scheme (generally to the universities) will receive their offer in Round 0 while applicants who are assessed under the Pilot scheme (genrally in the Institutes of Technology) compete with Leaving Cert students for a place and they get their offers in Round 1.

Wait, I have both Universitys and Institutes of Technology on my CAO. How will that work out?

Ha ha they are indeed marko93! Just 32 hours and 36 minutes left!
    marko93 wrote: »
    Days are passing dreadfully slow. Best of luck everyone!

Wait, I have both Universitys and Institutes of Technology on my CAO. How will that work out?

Where are ya hoping to go yourself? :P

Well, UCC is my first choice and ul my second. I don't mind where I end up as long as I get accepted! How about you? :)
    marko93 wrote: »

Where are ya hoping to go yourself? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RebeccahLouise

How can you be sure of this? I was told by my guidance counsellor after I finished my PLC course that I would receive a place (hopefully) on the 2nd of August for my level 8 course because Round Zero is for all applicants who are not waiting on Leaving Cert examination results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Vista255

Can i ask , if my cao is like this for instance

1)carlow IT
    2)Carlow IT
    3)DCU
    4)Waterford IT..

some people say its the uni's that offer places in round zero so what would happen in this case if iv carlow IT as 1st and 2nd and DCU 3rd?

Can i ask , if my cao is like this for instance

1)carlow IT
    2)Carlow IT
    3)DCU
    4)Waterford IT..

some people say its the uni's that offer places in round zero so what would happen in this case if iv carlow IT as 1st and 2nd and DCU 3rd?

Hi! I would assume that if you got an offer tomorrow, you won't get one on the 20th from the IT's. But if you don't get an offer tomorrow, hopefully you'll get an offer on the 20th. That's the way I see it. But call CAO on 091 509 800 for more information. They should be able to answer your question! Hope this helps ya:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Amy12345678910

Hi everyone, good luck to you all! :) I was wondering can we check the results tonight at midnight?

Hi Amy. Unfortunately no, we can't see our offers at midnight. You'll have to set your alarm for 6 am Im afraid! Good luck to you too :)
    Hi everyone, good luck to you all! :) I was wondering can we check the results tonight at midnight?

rang cao, she said any college , ITs or uni's will be sending offers tomorrow so id say it depends on how well ya did.. seem legit?

Yeah it seems legit. But it kind of goes against what Further Ed. said,

"Applicants who applied for a place via the Higher Education Links Scheme (generally to the universities) will receive their offer in Round 0 while applicants who are assessed under the Pilot scheme (genrally in the Institutes of Technology) compete with Leaving Cert students for a place and they get their offers in Round 1."

Unless I'm misunderstanding the quote :)

Vista255 wrote: »
    rang cao, she said any college , ITs or uni's will be sending offers tomorrow so id say it depends on how well ya did.. seem legit?
    Yeah it seems legit. But it kind of goes against what Further Ed. said,

"Applicants who applied for a place via the Higher Education Links Scheme (generally to the universities) will receive their offer in Round 0 while applicants who are assessed under the Pilot scheme (genrally in the Institutes of Technology) compete with Leaving Cert students for a place and they get their offers in Round 1."

Unless I'm misunderstanding the quote :)

No offence to FurtherEd, but if Vista rang CAO and was told that, i'd stick to that.

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

My heart maybe about to be broken,the 2nd Of August has been the day I've had circled for months upon months in the hope my future in education may finally take a new road & one to give me a better future..

However today I was told I won't qualify for tomorrows ROund Zero and i've to wait 3 weeks :(

I got my L.C results in 2009 & FETAC Course Results in 2010...if thats any help,can anyone tell me for definit..i'm not waiting on results..

Im sorry to hear that BrenIreland. Why won't you qualify for Round 0? You're a non-standard applicant. If you didn't get exam results this year, then how can you qualify for Round 1?
    My heart maybe about to be broken,the 2nd Of August has been the day I've had circled for months upon months in the hope my future in education may finally take a new road & one to give me a better future..

However today I was told I won't qualify for tomorrows ROund Zero and i've to wait 3 weeks :(

I got my L.C results in 2009 & FETAC Course Results in 2010...if thats any help,can anyone tell me for definit..i'm not waiting on results..

• Advertisement

Im sorry to hear that BrenIreland. Why won't you qualify for Round 0? You're a non-standard applicant. If you didn't get exam results this year, then how can you qualify for Round 1?

Exactly,I think my source is unreliable,I hope so...

I was 3 years ago I got my L.C results and I have my FETAC 1+Years,I think I'll qualify for tomorrow?..do you think so?

I would certainly think so! A non-standard applicant is someone who is Fetac, international or an applicant with no exam results this year. So, according to what I've researched, you would be qualified for tomorrow. Check out cao.ie. Then go to My Application. The dates will be there. :):)

Exactly,I think my source is unreliable,I hope so...

I was 3 years ago I got my L.C results and I have my FETAC 1+Years,I think I'll qualify for tomorrow?..do you think so?

I would certainly think so! A non-standard applicant is someone who is Fetac, international or an applicant with no exam results this year. So, according to what I've researched, you would be qualified for tomorrow. Check out cao.ie. Then go to My Application. The dates will be there. :):)

Oh thank you so much you're and angel!:D heres hoping I get my offer in the morning!:)

Hopefully you do! Only 7 and a half hours left to go!

Oh thank you so much you're and angel!:D heres hoping I get my offer in the morning!:)

Oh i've been waiting so long...can't wait :D Like Christmas Eve..Minus the Tree/Lights and all that..:p

I know! Its all nerve racking yet exciting at the same time! I wish you all the best anyway :):):):)

Oh i've been waiting so long...can't wait :D Like Christmas Eve..Minus the Tree/Lights and all that..:p

Thank you very much!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Amy12345678910

How did everyone do? :)

To be honest, I didn't get an offer :( but Im waiting for the 20th now. If I don't get one on the 20th its all the matter! How about you?
    How did everyone do? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

All distinctions and I still didn't get an offer....
    Gutted.

Advertisement