Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Desire HD software update

• 27-12-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

40mb file, 1.72.405.3
    I had to manually check for it (simfree unbranded phone)

Just finished installing and cant notice anything different as of yet, there was something mentioned in the changelog about camera performance though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I have a Desire HD as well, bought through Meteor, but unbranded. Can't get that update to come through.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Got this update on Christmas Eve (Vodafone). Can't say I've noticed any difference, although I rarely use the camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Im getting some problems with my phone since this update.
    Notifications staying in the topbar and text messages coming through but not notifying me and you only realise you have received them once opening the messaging app.

I've done a hard reset and Im still getting the same problem (stock phone no root ect)

Just had a look on xda and there's alot of people with the same issues. May be worth holding off on updating for the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

eireal wrote: »
    Im getting some problems with my phone since this update.
    Notifications staying in the topbar and text messages coming through but not notifying me and you only realise you have received them once opening the messaging app.

I've done a hard reset and Im still getting the same problem (stock phone no root ect)

Just had a look on xda and there's alot of people with the same issues. May be worth holding off on updating for the minute

Thank god its not just me having the messaging issue. proper headwrecking stuff. Can you link me to the thread on xda where its mentioned. I only put one up myself there earlier

scratch that just found it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

On Meteor here, but a completely unbranded unit, no special ROM or anything but still havent gotten an update. Interested in this to see if it helps with some MAJOR performance problems I personally have been having with the phone.

what type of problems have you been having out of curiousity? From what I understand the unbranded units take longer to be offered the updates. I wouldnt be in any rush to take it until its patched anyway as the SMS issue is quite annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

For major performance problems have you turned USB debugging on?

I think i figured the issue out. The phone was VERY laggy at the best of the times, but from some reading Ive tried the phone with no or a lover cap SD card (using a 4GB as apposed an 8GB) and its now working perfectly for the last 3 hours, no lag. I cant understand this though as the 8GB card was the one I had in my standard Desire and that worked fine.

Yeah Ive been reading the reviews and the SMS issue does seem annoying.
    @mickoneill30, No I havent turned it on, how do you and what does it do exactly?

Menu - settings - applications - development

Fixes a lag issue on the Hd.
    There's no downside to leaving it on.

I've a 32gb card in mine. No lags since I turned it on weeks ago.

• Advertisement

I think i figured the issue out. The phone was VERY laggy at the best of the times, but from some reading Ive tried the phone with no or a lover cap SD card (using a 4GB as apposed an 8GB) and its now working perfectly for the last 3 hours, no lag. I cant understand this though as the 8GB card was the one I had in my standard Desire and that worked fine.

Yeah Ive been reading the reviews and the SMS issue does seem annoying.
    @mickoneill30, No I havent turned it on, how do you and what does it do exactly?

What class are the two sd cards?

In terms of that debugging, apparently it keeps the /init process at 0% cpu usage which is what was initially causing the lag.

The 8gb is a Samsung one I had bout. The 4gb is the one that came with the phone so think. That being said. I've put back the 8gb and selected the USB debugging and the phone is still perfect, running really fast. like a diff phone.

Still awaiting the OTA update but least for now the phone is working on par with my old Desire.

Thanks for help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

My Desire HD just said update available. I'm afraid to get it now in case I got the sms issue. Im guessing it hasn't been fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I got the phone for christmas and pretty much the first thing i did was check for updates. Got 2 updates so I presume I have this latest one. I'm also getting lack of notification for some text messages. Hope they sort it out soon as it's very annoying!

cooperguy wrote: »
    My Desire HD just said update available. I'm afraid to get it now in case I got the sms issue. Im guessing it hasn't been fixed

Id hold off for the minute tbh as its a pain if you text much.

I contacted htc during the week and got told to do the usual soft reset/hard reset but since it didnt work they have since esculated the issue. Their aware of it anyway as lots of people have gotten the issue since the update so its definitly some form of glitch in the software.

For any of you having the issue are you using the stock app or a third party.
    I've installed the update.
    Before that I'd installed Handcent and stopped the stock app from notifying me anyway as both the stock app and Handcent used to notify me in the notification area.
    Handcent is still working fine after the update. Dunno about the stock one. Must try that out.

So it might be worth trying Handcent if you're using the stock app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Ahhhh....so its not just me haivng texting problems. And I thought it was the new years eve network meltdown but no its the phone.

My head is wrecked since I did this update.

Also I'm finding that the accuracy of the keyboard is gone off. I'm making far more typos in the last few days than usual. Is anyone else having this ??

Its trying my patience to be honest - they'd better fix this **** quick. Its almost enough to make me starting thinking about iphone4

I installed gosms today and the problem hasnt happened of yet with that so it seems to just be with stock messaging which i actually prefare over the third party apps.

I've also noticed that my screen display is staying on on lockscreen as opposed to switching off after a minute as it used to.Its still set to knock off after a minute though.

The phone is also randomly vibrating on unlock or out of the blue a few seconds after being unlock or the volume turned up. Its still set to knock off after a minute but that appears to be another bug thats popped up.

Pain in the arse seen as the phone was perfect before hand,hopefully htc release something next week to sort it out

3rd Party app is the only solution for the notification issue at present, no news yet on a patch :(

There seems to be a new update as of last night

• Advertisement

I haven't gotten either update :p

There seems to be a new update as of last night

No update available on my HD and no mention that I can see of it on the net?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Not installing this update, too much controversy, waiting for gingerbread 1st quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Automatic notification of update 1.72.405.3.r2 just came up, is this a later version

• Registered Users Posts: 23 conorby

Anyone have issues with memory? I can't figure how to save apps to the SD card.

Its system update 2.29.405.5
    I'm confused this seems to be an old one ?!?!

bogman wrote: »
    Automatic notification of update 1.72.405.3.r2 just came up, is this a later version

1.72.405.3 is whats on mine and i have the issue, maby the r.2 is a new patched release but theres nothing coming up for me when i check either

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

i find it strange theres some many different build/software numbers...

Im on meteor. My build number is 1.32.405.6

No sign of any update since initial setup on 1st dec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭kgt272

i have just received software version 1.75.161.2 myself for desire hd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

kgt272 wrote: »
    i have just received software version 1.75.161.2 myself for desire hd

Just got a notification about 1.75.161.2_R I'm on Vodafone.

Advertisement