Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

empacher wrote: »
    So basicaly sit the sane test three times. Well the inductive and verbal. The other two twice.

Now you have it yeah.
    Couldn't believe it when I heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

D Trent wrote: »
    Now you have it yeah.
    Couldn't believe it when I heard it

to be honest i thought it was a joke doing it twice. Should have being some variance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

to behind i thought it was a joke doing it twice. Should have being some variance

I sat an aptitude test for DFB in 2012 and the verbal reasoning for that was the exact same as the one I did for Garda trainee, which would have given me an advantage in the first stage.
    So it's just not done right, even though they say the process is 100% fair, it really isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Are they now complete the current round of tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 blarney15

mycro89 wrote: »
    Are they now complete the current round of tests?

They have moved on to band 2 now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

blarney15 wrote: »

Did you get an email ?

blarney15 wrote: »

Are you sure they still have 3000 from band 1 to complete stage 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

Are you sure they still have 3000 from band 1 to complete stage 3?

There's approx 1100 left from band 1

billie1b wrote: »

sorry i thought 5000 in band 1 had sat stage 2? and that somewhere between 1800 and 2000 had sat sat stage 3 so far? would that not leave 3000?

billie1b wrote: »

Is that all ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

sorry i thought 5000 in band 1 had sat stage 2? and that somewhere between 1800 and 2000 had sat sat stage 3 so far? would that not leave 3000?

5000 sat it but only 3200 were called forward, 1800 failed that stage, so far 1196 have been called forward to stage 3 from the 3200, with drop outs and no shows PAS said the other day that there's approx 1100 left to do stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

So after coming in the top 40 in the report writing stage, doing my interview, going to the open day, passing the superintendent interview and hearing nothing for nine months; I received a letter today telling me that the commissioner has found me unsuitable for admission.
    No reason or explanation, just a big fúck you.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    So after coming in the top 40 in the report writing stage, doing my interview, going to the open day, passing the superintendent interview and hearing nothing for nine months; I received a letter today telling me that the commissioner has found me unsuitable for admission.
    No reason or explanation, just a big fúck you.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

Sorry to hear that. No explanation? Must be got to do with the background check I presume if you passed everything else? Definitely call up and try get more information from them and try appeal.

redout wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. No explanation? Must be got to do with the background check I presume if you passed everything else? Definitely call up and try get more information from them and try appeal.

Just called them and was told the commissioner doesn't have to give a reason for rejecting the application.
    I can appeal the procedures used in making the decision but it won't change the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Just called them and was told the commissioner doesn't have to give a reason for rejecting the application.
    I can appeal the procedures used in making the decision but it won't change the outcome.

Absolute nonsense to be not provided with an explanation. How are you to know were it is you went wrong and try rectify it if you ever applied again? Try going back to the Super who you done interview with and see if they can shed any light.

redout wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense to be not provided with an explanation. How are you to know were it is you went wrong and try rectify it if you ever applied again? Try going back to the Super who you done interview with and see if they can shed any light.

I don't think it is anywhere I went wrong, the superintendent told me he was recommending me.

I assume it's something to do with my relatives.
    I was asked about them during the interview with the sergeant.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 villa88

ah that is a complete disaster,
    could be worse did my test two weeks ago froget to write day date and the time of the incident #.....

Bridel wrote: »
    Is it close relatives or aunts/uncles? I've been waiting for few months now. It's awful how family can impact your chances of getting a job!

aunts / uncles

Bridel wrote: »
    That's a load of ****e. I've uncles and aunts I've never spoken to before and if they got in the way of me getting this job I'd go mad

I'm not saying that's the reason, it's just one of the things I think might have caused it.
    Pity they won't actually tell me

Are tests still ongoing ?

• Advertisement

Think Friday was the last day of test, results out next week I'd say
    Are tests still ongoing ?

villa88 wrote: »
    Think Friday was the last day of test, results out next week I'd say

All the best, did you do the tests yourself ? Also what was the attendance like on your day?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

villa88 wrote: »
    ah that is a complete disaster,
    could be worse did my test two weeks ago froget to write day date and the time of the incident #.....

Omg I did the same thing!!! Never even thought of it...pressure was on !! Hopefully that's the only thing we went down on and the rest will make up for it :)

All the best, did you do the tests yourself ? Also what was the attendance like on your day?
    Yeah I did, about 28 turned up I fear the worse 😞 basic errors !

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

I'm not saying that's the reason, it's just one of the things I think might have caused it.
    Pity they won't actually tell me

You'll never find out the exact reason so try not to let it eat you inside. From a quick look through your posts there was a few things that stood out, the juvenile caution, your TV licence case, and deliberately hiding anti-depressants. None of which on their own would make you unsuitable for a student Garda but taken altogether could say a lot about your character. They are watching everyone very carefully including all who post on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

You'll never find out the exact reason so try not to let it eat you inside. From a quick look through your posts there was a few things that stood out, the juvenile caution, your TV licence case, and deliberately hiding anti-depressants. None of which on their own would make you unsuitable for a student Garda but taken altogether could say a lot about your character. They are watching everyone very carefully including all who post on here.

I doubt it was the tv license considering that was dismissed and many guards have gone through in the past after recieving cautions. Id imagine its more than likely a background thing out of his control. Unbelievable they dont tell you where you failed..... will you apply again mate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Any clues as to when our results are out? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thornthorn

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Any clues as to when our results are out? 😊

They told my group that we wouldn't hear until the beginning of April. I'd hope for the first week.

I heard the last week in March first in April, before Easter wouldn't be surprised if its any day from today onwards

• Advertisement

My money's on next Friday.

Advertisement