Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Nexus

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

kippy wrote: »
    They are still a decent phone tbf.

I use one myself I know - I just didn't think anyone would buy them in this time of iphone4s's and nexus's and S2's and soon to come S3's.

I was going to upgrade for an S2 myself but I think I will wait to see what S3 type thingy comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I use one myself I know - I just didn't think anyone would buy them in this time of iphone4s's and nexus's and S2's and soon to come S3's.

I was going to upgrade for an S2 myself but I think I will wait to see what S3 type thingy comes out
    Like my post above, I assume that not everyone wants to get tied into a relatively expensive contract to get a smart phone - without the contract they are essentially paying a few hundred yos for a smartphone so a second had desire is a decent compromise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

kippy wrote: »
    Like my post above, I assume that not everyone wants to get tied into a relatively expensive contract to get a smart phone - without the contract they are essentially paying a few hundred yos for a smartphone so a second had desire is a decent compromise.

Fair enough - I tend not to look it that way as I always buy off contract since it inevitably works out cheaper. Althou that said the prices are becoming ridiculous -its alot to shell out at once

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I see loads of S1s (i9000) on sale for 500 euros plus on ebay. Who would pay that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Hey Lads anymore input on this. I am currently using a htc desire hd with custom rom but I am due an upgrade and I am torn between the Nexus, the S2 and the HTC sensation. Originally I had said I would like the sensation as I didnt like the build quality of the S2 ie the cheap plastic feel but then having seen a few work colleges and friends with them they look like a nice bit of kit the display is just amazing. But then I noticed the Nexus and I think is looks better than the S2 but I have never held one.
    Another thing is I dont like going for phones that loads of people have ie the s2 and Iphone 4s.

The only thing bothering me about the nexus is its running an older processor than the S2, and you cant zoom in on a mobile web page.
    I think it looks better than the S2 and the fact you cant put a sd card in it doesnt bother me a 16g is big enough for me.

By the way I mainly use my phone for facebook, twitter surfing the net, checking football results and news. I take the odd picture but not alot. Dont really listen to too much music on it but would have some albums on it.
    So if anyone has anything that could sway me away from the Nexus just let me know tnx :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I have the S2 it has a poor build quality and it nearly falls out of your hand like a bar of soap. But ever since I bought the otterbox cover it's 10 times better. Regarding processor speed, screen and battery is excellent. I used to have the desire but got an upgrade for 55 euro in the carphone warehouse

Advertisement