Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Treble20 wrote: »
    Douglas v Duhallow ended in a 0-12 each draw tonight,Aidan Walsh scoring the equalising point despite been heavily strapped up from his hamstring injury.
    The winners of this plays O'Donovan Rossa. Was it a good game? Rossa's would be favourites against either team I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 corkrback

county star Noel O'Leary sent off for a 2nd yellow card after a wreckless challenge on fellow Cork player Ciaran Sheehan in the last few minutes of the game.

eire og looked as though they were going to win it but you have to wonder about the wisdom of picking a lad like noel o leary for the county team considering how dumb his decisions are from time to time.

the ref could have blown the whistle and sent o leary off even before the tackle it was so obvious what was going to happen and spared sheahan the belt

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

The winners of this plays O'Donovan Rossa. Was it a good game? Rossa's would be favourites against either team I'd say.
    A good enough game. I expected Douglas to beat Duhallow after their dismantling of Newmarket and Na Piarsaigh in the previous rounds but Douglas found it tough going against a Duhallow team who never gave up. I'd still go for Douglas to win the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I totally agree with you. Conor has been a great servant to Cork Football and has had good success as manager but I like many feel that he could have achieved a lot more and IMO in the latter few years was guilty of showing too much loyalty to some of the older players and not introducing some younger blood especially in the half back line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If he stays and brings in Cleary it would surely be to bring some of his u21 side into the starting 15. I would much prefer to see a new manager than a shuffle around.
    Counihan's tactical awareness and shrewdness are not good enough, time for him to go.

Intermediate Hurling Championship semi final result; Kanturk 2-15 Charleville 2-12. A good win for Kanturk who will contest their 1st Intermediate hurling final ever on October 14th against either Argideen Rangers or Killworth who play their semi final tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Intermediate Hurling Championship semi final result; Kanturk 2-15 Charleville 2-12. A good win for Kanturk who will contest their 1st Intermediate hurling final ever on October 14th against either Argideen Rangers or Killworth who play their semi final tomorrow evening.

Great show. Good game.

brokenarms wrote: »
    Great show. Good game.
    Were you at the game? I couldn't make it tonight. I fancied Kanturk to win this even though Charleville were favourites with the bookies.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

brokenarms wrote: »
    Great show. Good game.

any incidents?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good win for St. Michaels today. They are into the Premier Intermediate final agaonst Vincents.

One team from the City definitely going up to Senior while another City team definitely leaving it as Piarsaighs or St. Nicks battle to stay up.

Intermediate hurling championship semi final result; Kilworth 2-14 Argideen Rangers 0-16. Kilworth will play Kanturk in the final in Pairc Ui Rinn on Sunday October 14th. Intermediate football championship semi final result; Castletownbere 0-12 Adrigole 0-6. Castletownbere will play Eire Og in the final in Pairc Ui Rinn on Sunday October 14th as part as a double header with the hurling final.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good win for St. Michaels today. They are into the Premier Intermediate final agaonst Vincents.

One team from the City definitely going up to Senior while another City team definitely leaving it as Piarsaighs or St. Nicks battle to stay up.
    Roll on the final :)

Senior football championship quarter final replay result; Duhallow 0-13 Douglas 1-9. Semi final Duhallow v O'Donovan Rossa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Charleville were hard done by an 8 week wait, clearly off the pace for the first 20.

Kanturk deserved it on the night but was a bit harsh...........

Mcloughlin could get a score any time cville threatened a comeback.

Charleville were hard done by an 8 week wait, clearly off the pace for the first 20.

Kanturk deserved it on the night but was a bit harsh...........

Mcloughlin could get a score any time cville threatened a comeback.
    I knew Charleville were waiting a while for the Semi but 8 weeks is a ridiculous wait! Charleville can look to the future with optimism though after a great start to the Intermediate grade.

I hear Sweetnam has gotten a contract with Munster so he won't be playing intercounty next year for Cork - a big loss as he is a fine player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I hear Sweetnam has gotten a contract with Munster so he won't be playing intercounty next year for Cork - a big loss as he is a fine player.

Yeah, heard it on the radio today but we have lost lads before to professional sports and have filled the deficit . All the best to him.

Rumours abound that we may see Aidan Walsh with the Cork hurlers next year. He would be a very welcome addition to our half forward line :cool:

SeaFields wrote: »
    Yeah, heard it on the radio today but we have lost lads before to professional sports and have filled the deficit . All the best to him.

Rumours abound that we may see Aidan Walsh with the Cork hurlers next year. He would be a very welcome addition to our half forward line :cool:
    Very strong rumours around the Duhallow division that Jimmy Barry Murphy has approached Aidan about playing for the hurlers next year. We could do with him as well as a few more players of the same stature as him,we're a bit weak up front strength wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rumour is true about Walsh alright.

Cant blame Sweetman, but with Cork hurling the way it is it wont be filled easy.

Best of luck to the lad at Munster.

• Advertisement

I hope he gets on well with munster but I still see him togging out at some stage in the future.

Delighted if Walsh does throw his hat in with the hurlers. He has has a seriously busy year with club, divisional, college and intercounty.
    I would love to see him hurling with cork next year. He would be a huge addition to the half forwards and a should get a run at 14 as a possible target man - great in the air, strong as an ox and mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 corkrback

aidan walsh is ok but he is not as good as people are making out
    anyway when we have to relying on lads from duhallow to this extent then it shows how much work needs to be done in east cork and the city to get hurlers from the cork hurling heartland back in the team and winning all irelands

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

corkrback wrote: »
    anyway when we have to relying on lads from duhallow to this extent then it shows how much work needs to be done in east cork and the city to get hurlers from the cork hurling heartland back in the team and winning all irelands

BS tbh what difference does it make what part of Cork he's from?? Tradition will win you jack sh*t, you put out the best 15 available regardless of what club or division they are from, and there is no denying Aidan Walsh would improve last years team, and dramtically at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

horrible way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

This is (a) a stupid post and (b) East Cork hurling is flying mate, don't worry about us.

Really the work needs to be done at a schools lever however.

As an aside, I was at Blackrock/Mallow and Fr. O'Neills/Ballincollig Minor matches recently, two high quality and entertaining games. Alan O'Callaghan (Blackrock) is a player to watch.

I was also at Midleton CBS/CCR yesterday, which was less good. Midleton have some nice wristy hurlers but are too lightweight, CCR are short 3-4 hurlers from being competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I guess corkrntback after all!

Keane, if you are into betting on GAA check out B'Town this Sunday. I don't expect them to win but they are a bollocks to beat and their odds are way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Orizio wrote: »
    Keane, if you are into betting on GAA check out B'Town this Sunday. I don't expect them to win but they are a bollocks to beat and their odds are way too long.

tyty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Who de ye think will win the intermediate final. Kilworth or Kanturk? Kilworth are always there or thereabouts the last few years. Can they make the step up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement