Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport to Kildare - Is there a short cut?

• 16-10-2007 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All

I will be moving to Rathangan in Co. Kildare in a few weeks and need to find a quicker way home from where I work in Dublin Airport. Having frequently travelled via the M50 & Mad Cow Roundabout in getting down to Kildare recently, I have found the journey time sometimes nearly taking 2 hours, after finishing work a 4pm, which is not good!!

A friend of mine mentioned the other day that there is a road that goes at the back of the Airport and bypasses both the M50 and the Red Cow, bringing you out near to the Naas Rd. He was not to sure as to where and how to get onto it.

Anybody any ideas as to where this road is, as I'm dreading spending up to 4 hours in the car a day.

Cheers
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Bighig250 wrote: »
    Hi All

I will be moving to Rathangan in Co. Kildare in a few weeks and need to find a quicker way home from where I work in Dublin Airport. Having frequently travelled via the M50 & Mad Cow Roundabout in getting down to Kildare recently, I have found the journey time sometimes nearly taking 2 hours, after finishing work a 4pm, which is not good!!

A friend of mine mentioned the other day that there is a road that goes at the back of the Airport and bypasses both the M50 and the Red Cow, bringing you out near to the Naas Rd. He was not to sure as to where and how to get onto it.

Anybody any ideas as to where this road is, as I'm dreading spending up to 4 hours in the car a day.

Cheers
    Stephen

Ah yes, the Airport to Naas Rd. in one fell swoop - that'll be the shuttle flight or helicopter hop to Baldonnel he's referring to :D:D

No seriously, did the reverse journey y'day morning (Naas to Airport cross-country) - if you plan to avoid the M50 / Mad Cow route, then yes there are numerous back roads but you still have to "cros" the N2/3/4 en route to the Naas Rd. I suggest back road down to Tyrellstown/Clonee, via Leixlip/Confey to Maynooth junction on M4, and then Clane, Prosperous etc. to Rathangan but you're still looking at spending a lot of time in your car every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jkgvfg

I do the N32 to Naas each evening. I have given up trying to avoid the M50 (unless there is an accident or something major like that). Going Kilshane Cross to Blanch to Lucan/Leixlip to N7 has too many places that you can get stuck and I've never managed to do it in under an hour and a half that way which is usually the same as staying on the M50 when it is heavy.

I do get off the M50 at the Lucan roundabout and use the outer ring road to get to the N7 at Kingswood. The changes this week to the M50 could also make this route somewhat easier (and aeronautical swine exist, I know).

The one area that is really bad at the moment is the Ball to Newhall. I miss the most of that but it clogs up all the roads in Naas as well. Going via Rathangan might skip this and get you to Kildare quicker.

Advertisement