Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Little Eye

Options
  • 16-10-2002 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

What did everyone think of this film - At first i thought it was going to be another ordinary strange plotted film but left the cinema feeling both surprised and happy for a rather good film that i had just watched................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I enjoyed it too. The part where they realise what exactly is going on (on the 'beta' site) is very well done.

All in all, a pretty decent (low budget) thriller. Didn't deserve the awful reviews it got.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea I liked it too, though the baddie guy is a bit of a crap actor. And the bird in the attic/roof... what was the point in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah me too the beta site part was the bit that made the film so good........................

the bird i think was just there to show that death was near wasn't it.............

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

it was a bad film.

it deserved the bad reviews it got because.......... (see previous line).

the acting was weak, plot was thin, bad lighting != atmosphere. it was blair witch all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Ive gotta say that it wasnt scary at all,if i remember correctly i was laughing right through the film-but then again when is the last time i saw a very scary film?

Anyone seen The Eye yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

Aside from the decapitation, which was fantastic, the entire film was so bland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 velma

Worst film ive seen im such a long time. Well it serves me right for believing the evening hearalds film reviewer i suppose. According to him it is one of the scariest films ever. I strongly disagree!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jetrel

a very good idea using well know techniques from the blair witch, the last broadcast, series 7,etc but the acting was laughable at best and i found myself stuck in another "whats around the corner" jump movie. had the potential to be a really disturbing film but the actors didnt sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jetrel

iv seen "the eye". made by the people who made ring(a quality japenese horror film and worth checking out)

the eye started with a your gonna **** your pants attitude but then turned sentimental and failed to finish the audience off. The were parts of real cinematic genius in this film....and some real lame ones too!

i enjoyed it nonetheless.ring is still tops though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Well going to Halloween: Resurrection made this move a whole lot more impressive by comparison.

It's a silly twist on the horror genre but just plausable enough. By no means a great film but quite watchable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement