Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing Lanes?

Options
  • 05-11-2002 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

This film is getting good reviews - I tought it was pretty dire. It lacked everything. It was predictable, contrived and pretty boring.

It just did not get it.

Maybe - It was too Hollywood.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It started very well, but the (
    lets all be friends
    ) ending ruined it for me...... (
    I was hoping for a big showdown!
    ). Maybe I'm too Hollywood? :)

Enjoyable enough, but the trailer promised so much more.... And have you seen cardboard stand that cinemas use to promote it? Every publication in the US (seemingly!) gave it a great review. Maybe I was looking forward to it too much.

Better luck next time? :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

And the camera work was brutal ...constantly shaking , i was getting dizzy watching it

I hate when they do that "arty" shake the camera crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

Tmb, though I haven't seen it I have read (in the Examiner, saturday's I think) that the current ending was tacked on because test audiences were depressed by the original one.

Personally I think that this whole test audience concept should be scraped. Since the director enevitably takes the blame (even where it was terrible acting) he should have the final say on the edited film released.

Fade to Credits
    Scipio_major

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i never seem such utter rubbish in my life. give me a true story anyday.

We can look forward to the lrod of the rings and bond soon and not forgetting harry potter 2.
    is it out yet

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah its an ok film nothing to write home about, an ok one to get out on video id say!

It had a weird sound track!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by scipio_major
    Tmb, though I haven't seen it I have read (in the Examiner, saturday's I think) that the current ending was tacked on because test audiences were depressed by the original one.
    DVD will be worth watching, so (when it comes out). Hopefully it will have the alt ending....

- Dave.

I saw this film on a plane back from the states last week...
    Camera shaking??? Is that what it was...and I thought it was the storm we were flying through:D

It wasn'nt great but watchable,something to see on Sky maybe, but not to get out on video.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmmm i saw it the other night.. i seem to have a different thought to everyone else.. firstly i did not notice a shaky camera and secondly i thought it was very good. A little odd and not what i was expecting.. however i still enjoyed it a lot. I thought it had a good story.. seems improbable but road rage and certain circumstances can do things like that to some people.. If someone can be a suicide bomber then surely what we saw in the film was not so crazy.

Anyway only 2 things that were left open in the movie was the blank check and Mat Damons wife.. did she stick with him or was she just with him because of her father?

I did like the film and the idea behind the film. It was not a great film but it was not utter crap and was something to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Saruman
    Anyway only 2 things that were left open in the movie was the blank check and Mat Damons wife.. did she stick with him or was she just with him because of her father?
    If you looked at it Samuel L Jackson refused the blank cheque and ripped it up.

I thought it was pretty good aswell, camera didnt shake THAT much, but the trailer really did promise much more than you got to be honest. Not great but reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Too be honest I didn't find anything by any means exciting about this film, interesting glance at society, but nothing to ever make me want to see this again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Oh did he rip up the check? Must have blinked at that point.. True i would not see it again but then again i had not seen the trailer so did not know what to expect.

Advertisement