Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

1323334353638»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Nope, the girl I was talking to didn't seem very pleasant. After waiting for 20 minutes, I was a bit annoyed as she was rushing me on! They must be mobbed again, right back to the old days I'd say, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭broke1234

There was me thinking they had finally sorted things out so people wouldn't be waiting long.hopefully we won't be waiting to long!mine is up next week but think this is my last week getting it as far as I can remember from previous years!

Oh never saw ur post saying the 7th.surely we won't be waiting to long then.mine is up on the 17 of this month!

Just to let people know I received a letter about my fis today and I didn't miss a payment thank God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

broke1234 wrote: »
    Just to let people know I received a letter about my fis today and I didn't miss a payment thank God

That's great news. Mine is finished tomorrow. Hopefully mine will be seamless too.

• Advertisement

Give it till this day next week and you should have a letter from them!!

Give it till this day next week and you should have a letter from them!!

As soon as I get word I'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Any idea on how long you could be waiting on the back pay?

No money this morning. I can't face a summer of poverty. I thought all this was finished with. Very stressful.

Jca when was your last payment.I got mine back last week without missing any payment.maybe you should ring and see what they say

• Advertisement

Jca when was your last payment.I got mine back last week without missing any payment.maybe you should ring and see what they say

My last payment was last Thursday. I stuck it out and finally got through. The girl told me they were 2 weeks behind and I should be paid next week. Looks like they're starting to slip back.

Hopefully you will have next week!!!it's a struggle without that money!!

Hopefully you will have next week!!!it's a struggle without that money!!

It sure is. 2012 Was a nightmare I never want to repeat I couldn't put fuel in the car . The cwo gave me money but I was still down a lot of money every week.

Same year mine got sent to local inspector five months of waiting and would of been longer only I went to local td and harassed the inspector till she got fed up of me

Got the letter this morning and last weeks money was in the bank too. Happy days. I've a small problem, the dates on the letter are wrong, it says my Fis has been awarded from May 2013 to May 2014 when it should be May 2014 to May 2015. Should I ring them?

Oh I'm delighted u got sorted out!!i'd imagine you would be all right but maybe just to settle your mind you could ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭irishchris

Bebek91 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm currently waiting on my renewal to go through. The renewal date was last week. As said in the letter I forwarded on last year's p60 tho I did think it was silly since my hours and wage have increased since. Last week I should have had payment. Nothing. The end of last week I had a letter to send my latest payslip to Donegal, I did by return. Early this week I received a letter... With blanks where they should have filled in information saying to send the payslip to Sligo or Leitrim .. sorry I can't remember exactly where. I did not as the one for Donegal was direct mail with a lady's name and department on it. So being hopefully that I would receive payment this week and unfortunately nothing. Last week was fine I had a little extra I could dip into. Not this week. Does anyone know if you ring can they give you the status of your claim??
    Sorry to drag up old thread but in same boat here. Sent in renewal forms 4 weeks ago. Renewal date was yesterday but have heard nothing from them and no payment this week. Anyone got their renewed this year? Did you have to wait long past renewal date? Did they write looking for any extra into?

irishchris wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up old thread but in same boat here. Sent in renewal forms 4 weeks ago. Renewal date was yesterday but have heard nothing from them and no payment this week. Anyone got their renewed this year? Did you have to wait long past renewal date? Did they write looking for any extra into?

My renewal went through straight away. My claim ended the end of May they had sent out the renewal form in February which i returned immediately.

jca wrote: »
    My renewal went through straight away. My claim ended the end of May they had sent out the renewal form in February which i returned immediately.

Strange then for me as filled in straight away and posted back but no payment today. Bit worried on this

Strange then for me as filled in straight away and posted back but no payment today. Bit worried on this

No payment this week either and no joy from ringing them up earlier this week

• Advertisement

No payment this week either and no joy from ringing them up earlier this week

That's terrible. Did they fob you off or you couldn't get through? I feel your stress it a terrible time waiting for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Email them,I have found them to be very quick to reply to emails. Better than calling and as there will be a huge amount of calls this week with the changes to lone parents kicking in today.

jca wrote: »
    That's terrible. Did they fob you off or you couldn't get through? I feel your stress it a terrible time waiting for that money.

Told me I would have a letter last week that never came and still no payment. Also spent 40+ mins on hold as was adament I would wait until they answered.
    Sent an email this morning so hoping for answer there soon from that.

Hi everyone. Is anyone here waiting to be paid for an 18 year old who's continuing in education? My son turned 18 last March so I lost my payment for him in may when I renewed my fis. He started on a plc in September and I sent off the official letter from the school on the 9th of September but still haven't got any money for him yet. I brazened it out on the phone last Tuesday and eventually got through after 40 mins. The woman while being nice and courteous was very vague as to when I'd be paid. I just wanted to be sure they'd received my letter but she didn't do any checks and still no money. Very stressful as these bloody courses are expensive especially the first few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

summer10 wrote: »
    How long is the waiting list for family income supplement renewal.

Fis stop 1st of June. And I will second time applied 6 weeks but no news

Advertisement