Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

betonit wrote: »
    ......where's the crazy Lucy story gone!

Good riddance to it. Probably going to turn out to be that Lucy's mother, who sounded like she was a professional woman (by the message on her phone) had no time for Lucy and wanted someone to mother her and is craving motherly attention from Delores. Or maybe the script writers have not decided yet what her story is which would explain why the actresses portrayal of her character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Agree with this. Bad acting I can handle,but the script is shockingly bad. Unrealistic scenes,unrealistic conversations,unrealistic situations. I've really been questioning why the feck im watching it these days. Surely there's script writers out there somewhere that could really make the show alot more interesting?All i'm asking for is a little bit of realism,you don't need a big budget for that.

And another thing,Ingrid should be kept.

its not even as if its lazy direction/writing. It takes an effort to come up with an alternative choice of dictum in a scene which is just, in essence, a replication of 10 or more other scenes. Take the caoimhe/decco 'storyline' if you can call it that. How long has it been since they got together. 95% of there scenes involve either them arguing or 'making up'. Its utterly pointless and predictable. Then you dont see them for 3 episodes and then they reappear and do the same thing over and over again for a week. You just know the same thing will reoccur when he gets out of prison. Carol/louis is the same. Its like the script writer says how am i going to get through this week as easily as possible, lets just get a few character confrontations, replicate them in different settings and by the end of the week the storyline will have made no progress but 'HEY! Ive got a weeks wages off the taxpayers!'

And another thing, what in gods name goes through their head when they decide to just spontaneously change a characters personality just to make a storyline. Surely the one golden rule in characterisation is to build up a personality for a character and stay within the remits of that personality so as that viewers can identify and grow to love/hate that character. That is what makes a character interesting. Of course, personalities change but not so spontaneously without explanation. Take sean recently for example and the petty rowing with the shop assistant? There is no identifiable reason why he would alter his whole persona (calm, respectful, non-confrontational) and begin to develop a schizo side-persona of angry, disrespectful and domineering without reason. Charlottes character change, whilst it does admittedly make her more interesting was far too sudden and unexplained also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I cant wait to see Judith taken down off her high horse and everyone knowing about Tommy's affair with Jo which I really hope happens very soon

How has Caoimhe still got keys to the Bishop's lock up aka knock offs shed?

Poor Judy - I don't know why she stuck with the organic Tommy - I don't know why she's afraid of people knowing about his affair. I was very disappointed that Judith and Vivienne's friendship disintegrated over children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Nice product advertising from Judith with the Manuka Honey last night. Half expected her to turn to the camera and say "Manuka Honey is available in five delicious flavours for all your health needs. Benefits include ...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

It's absolutely shocking at the moment! I watched it Tuesday and saw what was ahead for the week and haven't bothered with it since. Bishops + Caoimhe and carol and Louie equals switch off for me

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Nice product advertising from Judith with the Manuka Honey last night. Half expected her to turn to the camera and say "Manuka Honey is available in five delicious flavours for all your health needs. Benefits include ...."

Yeah there seems to be a lot more product advertising lately!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Yeah there seems to be a lot more product advertising lately!!

It was illegal before. Now they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I wish Carol & Louie would shut the hell up - that constant bickering is wrecking my head, especially from her! :mad:

twirlagig wrote: »
    I wish Carol & Louie would shut the hell up - that constant bickering is wrecking my head, especially from her! :mad:

read my above comments! Argument- makeup-argument -makeup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭jos28

pookiesboo wrote: »

She could get together with Yvonne who does the voice overs for Danone Actimel and Wayne does Strepsils ! Mind you, if everyone took Manuka honey they wouldn't get sore throats and Wayne could do more scenes in FC !

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

When Val had that Easter egg tonight it reminded me exactly of the scene she had in Father Ted eating the egg! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Do Ingrid and Neasa look quite alike or is it just me?
    Next up -> a storyline where it turns out Neasa was actually adopted and Ingrid is her real mom.* :eek:

*If any FC writers take up this story then I demand commission. In fairness it couldn't be much worse than the current storylines. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Great advertisement for Spar in Phelans shop, could it be any more obvious!!

I should hope so.
    If you pay almost a million for an advertising deal, you'd defo want plenty logos all over the shop (literally)
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1102/1224306912933.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hickorydock

Ingrid is like Nessa's twin sister. How badly did Dearbhla do in the mocks? Did she fail or just not do as well as she usually does?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So obvious Christy and Val will get together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Came back to Dublin last night, and whose voice is on the radio? Only BOB from Fair City doing "Late Date". What a terrific welcome home to hear his dulcet tones at midnight of an Easter morning.

Is he not on Fair City anymore?
    I never get to watch because of stupid RTE Player not showing it online.
    He's actually quite good on the radio. Sexy baxtard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aine21

later12 wrote: »
    Came back to Dublin last night, and whose voice is on the radio? Only BOB from Fair City doing "Late Date". What a terrific welcome home to hear his dulcet tones at midnight of an Easter morning.

Is he not on Fair City anymore?
    I never get to watch because of stupid RTE Player not showing it online.
    He's actually quite good on the radio. Sexy baxtard.

Bob is still in Fair City, he's brilliant in it, such a rogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

Ingrid is like Nessa's twin sister. How badly did Dearbhla do in the mocks? Did she fail or just not do as well as she usually does?

I think she failed... I don't see where they ate going with that story either? Or why they are still making a big deal of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She did better than Caoimhe did at acting classes...

Fair City would have us believe that Caoimhe, the ditsy clutz, is suddenly an academic genius... ?? This is not consistent with anything else in her personality..

• Advertisement

She did better than Caoimhe did at acting classes...

Fair City would have us believe that Caoimhe, the ditsy clutz, is suddenly an academic genius... ?? This is not consistent with anything else in her personality..

Yes Caoimhe is suppose to be intelligent which is baffling

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Smashling7 wrote: »
    I think she failed... I don't see where they ate going with that story either? Or why they are still making a big deal of it

I think she failed them all except for Irish.
    I don't mean to be mean to Niamh here but is she pregnant? :o Just a few shots in The Hungry Pig that make me think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I don't mean to be mean to Niamh here but is she pregnant? :o
    Yes, she's been continuously pregnant for the last two years. Paul, the dozy git, hasn't even noticed. :pac:

Btw, I missed a few episodes, what happened with Niamh's job? Does she still think she's off to work in Manchester after her failed email and Paul's successful one or has that been sorted somehow?

• MALTEASERS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

We haven't seen Zac for a long time now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Poor Carol :( I don't know how she restrained herself when Ingrid said to her "I'd wait until he calms down before you apologize to him" Cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Tayla wrote: »
    Poor Carol :( I don't know how she restrained herself when Ingrid said to her "I'd wait until he calms down before you apologize to him" Cow!

Hope Ingrid stays on I like her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

branie wrote: »
    We haven't seen Zac for a long time now
    He's still upstairs studying, should fly through his exams at this rate, if he doesn't suffer from vitamin D deficiency first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

So Ingrid wants another baby - what's the betting she wants Louie to father another child with her?

• Advertisement

cofy wrote: »
    So Ingrid wants another baby - what's the betting she wants Louie to father another child with her?

I think Louie and Ingrid will fight Carol for custody for Jack together and given Carol's past and history they will stand a good chance unless Carol tricks Louie into taking coke :p I still hope Jack turns out to be Christy's son and then Louie can f*ck back to America with Ingrid and the kids

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement