Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quest bars - Where to buy?

• 03-02-2012 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭

I normally buy these off discountsupplements.ie but they only stock two flavours which I'm kinda bored off. Anyone know anywhere else that stocks them and has reasonable shipping to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

I normally buy these off discountsupplements.ie but they only stock two flavours which I'm kinda bored off. Anyone know anywhere else that stocks them and has reasonable shipping to Ireland?

iHerb have them.

http://www.iherb.com/Protein-Bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

neonman wrote: »

I bought some Apple Pies ones today. First time using iHerb, though I got it sent to my home so I'll probably have to collect from local sorting office. Wasn't sure to get sent to my job incase customs caught it and tried to bill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

I bought some Apple Pies ones today. First time using iHerb, though I got it sent to my home so I'll probably have to collect from local sorting office. Wasn't sure to get sent to my job incase customs caught it and tried to bill them.

What's the texture like? I tried a few of the MP Mybar High Pro ones and they were awful, very dense and gritty. Flavours weren't much better either.

What's the texture like? I tried a few of the MP Mybar High Pro ones and they were awful, very dense and gritty. Flavours weren't much better either.

Much nicer then MP's bars. More doughy and not really sweet. They don't have that horrible artificial taste some protein bars have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭marathonic

Much nicer then MP's bars. More doughy and not really sweet. They don't have that horrible artificial taste some protein bars have.

You'll be glad to know that I, and many others, have had multiple shippings from iHerb and haven't yet been hit with customs charges. I've been told before that the delivery options chosen can make a difference to whether you're charged or not so I always go for the cheapest, $4 option (International Airmail).

If my order is over $80 or 4lbs in weight (which would result in being unable to select the cheaper delivery option), I split it over multiple orders and order on different days. That way, if I eventually get hit with customs, it's unlikely that I'll be hit on both - and the value of the order will be that low that customs may not bother trying to chase it up.

If anyone is ordering, feel free to use my referral code (ROR319). This will get you $5 off your first order. Disclosure: This will also get me a 4% commission on the value of your order towards my next order.

• Advertisement

marathonic wrote: »
    You'll be glad to know that I, and many others, have had multiple shippings from iHerb and haven't yet been hit with customs charges. I've been told before that the delivery options chosen can make a difference to whether you're charged or not so I always go for the cheapest, $4 option (International Airmail).

If my order is over $80 or 4lbs in weight (which would result in being unable to select the cheaper delivery option), I split it over multiple orders and order on different days. That way, if I eventually get hit with customs, it's unlikely that I'll be hit on both - and the value of the order will be that low that customs may not bother trying to chase it up.

If anyone is ordering, feel free to use my referral code (ROR319). This will get you $5 off your first order. Disclosure: This will also get me a 4% commission on the value of your order towards my next order.

How long does delivery usual take?

My quest bars showed up!! iherb took about a week which is good considering how cheap it was.

Apple pie quest bars taste insanely good for a bar, never mind a protein bar with an amazing profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

My quest bars showed up!! iherb took about a week which is good considering how cheap it was.

Apple pie quest bars taste insanely good for a bar, never mind a protein bar with an amazing profile.

I got the choc brownie one, heated up it's fantastic! Had a bit of cream left over from something and chopped up a banana, they're brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Orla K wrote: »
    I got the choc brownie one, heated up it's fantastic! Had a bit of cream left over from something and chopped up a banana, they're brilliant
    The lemon and coconut ones are stunning and only use stevia

I think I'm becoming addicted to quest bars. The Apple pie ones are outstanding. You bite into it and get a thick chewie part and its a piece of cooking apple.

My birthday is coming up. If anyone asks me what I want, I think I'll suggest a box of quest bars :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭wasabi

I've tried the vanilla almond crunch bars, they're fantastic. Must get hold of these other flavours. I've contacted discount supplements to ask them if they'd consider getting more flavours in, might be worth others doing so as well. If they see the demand they might do it!

Apparently they're getting 4 more flavours in next week:
    Apple Pie
    Chocolate Brownie
    Mixed Berry Bliss
    Peanut Butter & Jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

wasabi wrote: »
    I've tried the vanilla almond crunch bars, they're fantastic. Must get hold of these other flavours. I've contacted discount supplements to ask them if they'd consider getting more flavours in, might be worth others doing so as well. If they see the demand they might do it!
    just get them from www.iherb.com

but dont be like some clients i recommended them to, this is a typical conversation -

Me - "so you like the quest bars?"
    Client - "oh yes they are a total life saver when i am out and about, collecting the kids, travelling etc and love the lemon one, tastes like a real treat!"
    Me "you feel good taking them and body fat droping?"
    Client - "well not seeing any major changes in body fat yet"
    Me - "out of interest how often are you taking a bar?"
    Client - "oh 2 maybe three times a day, with a piece of fruit and maybe one after dinner, you know"
    Me "ok hand me back that box please and step away from the quest bars slowly as you are going overkill on them!!!"

Transform wrote: »

but dont be like some clients i recommended them to, this is a typical conversation -

Client - "oh yes they are a total life saver when i am out and about, collecting the kids, travelling etc and love the lemon one, tastes like a real treat!"
    Client - "oh 2 maybe three times a day, with a piece of fruit and maybe one after dinner, you know"
    Me "ok hand me back that box please and step away from the quest bars slowly as you are going overkill on them!!!"

Haha, no, they are treats. 95% proper food here, I promise.

Always wary of US orders as been stung with stupidly high customs charges before, but I might try iherb anyway seeing as people seem to have had good experiences.

wasabi wrote: »
    Transform wrote: »

Haha, no, they are treats. 95% proper food here, I promise.

Always wary of US orders as been stung with stupidly high customs charges before, but I might try iherb anyway seeing as people seem to have had good experiences.

I've used iherb and they were good but the lads in discountsupplements.ie are top notch as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

tried some of these recently, and they were'nt for me.
    very rubbery in texture, and bar a couple of flavours, most are pretty tasteless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ymayma

no.8 newsagents on baggot st d4 carry them, €27 a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Jcs in swords!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 questbar

Hey guys. i know that you can go to herbycoupon.com/quest-bar-review-and-coupon-code/
    and get a 10 dollar of coupon for 2 packages of questbars at iherb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bought from here recently, slightly more expensive but delivery is ridiculously quick. https://www.prozis.com/eu/en/category/sports-nutrition/protein/protein-bars

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They're on sale all over town now, loads of places adv them
    Don't know if cheaper online but it's handy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

questbar wrote: »
    Hey guys. i know that you can go to herbycoupon.com/quest-bar-review-and-coupon-code/
    and get a 10 dollar of coupon for 2 packages of questbars at iherb

Customs will make sure to use up that coupon for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Has anyone tried making their own with Vitafibre? have seen some good videos on youtube but I am to lazy to make them

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got two for €5 in Joyce's in Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saolalinn

There's a health store on grafton that sells them. Chocolate chip cookie dough.. Delicious. They've got most of the flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Vaidookas_

I use to buy them hpnutrition.ie cheapest so far i found.
    But at the moment I make them myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

They are actually quite well stocked these days.

HP nutrition is good.. FitnessIreland is another place i have gotten them before.
    If you buy online typically a box will be 25EUR.

The new smores flavour is at a premium given its popularity. Bodyfirstnutrition won't sell you a box, they give you a smores bar with any order of another box whereas rock fitness in Dundrum sell a box for 36 at the moment. But any other flavours should be 25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

think the ilac sells them for 30e a box

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Why haven't the online companies myprotein/bulk powders etc replicated the quest bar design ie very low carbs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

JJayoo wrote: »
    Why haven't the online companies myprotein/bulk powders etc replicated the quest bar design ie very low carbs?

Bulkpowders do bars that are about 9g net carbs with 27g protein.

Advertisement