Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nexus 6P

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Didn't the phone only come out this week?

It was announced weeks ago and then up for pre-order almost immediately. I find it very hard to believe they are already out of stock in Ireland, especially considering the price of the feckin' thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

I'm not sure where Wikipedia got this info from, but they have this up on the Nexus 6P page
    tRhc02y.png

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

madmoe wrote:
    But a few weeks ago we could order\pre-order them no problem, right!?

That's true. Went out of stock a few days after it was up for pre-order.

I pre-ordered mine 15 minutes after they were put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Looking to buy the 64gb one myself. Looks like a fantastic phone with a great spec. So fed up with the S6 edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

I was hoping to get the 64GB one too but the European prices are pure extortion. Was tempted to get one from the US but not going to take the chance it will work over here :(

• Advertisement

I was hoping to get the 64GB one too but the European prices are pure extortion. Was tempted to get one from the US but not going to take the chance it will work over here :(

I'm currently looking at that option as I know someone who's visiting from the US in the next few weeks. I'll check if the US 6P can work on the Vodafone network first, plus it might all go out the window if its not available in time before they leave for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

6p Still pending with a 28-30 Oct estimated delivery, looks like its going to be delayed, the case I ordered is processing 3 days now I wish this process was a lot clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

JKGT wrote:
    6p Still pending with a 28-30 Oct estimated delivery, looks like its going to be delayed, the case I ordered is processing 3 days now I wish this process was a lot clearer.

Yeah I'm hoping there is some movement tomorrow on the shipping process.

I'm on the Google wish list. Hopefully I'll be able to order it soon. Going to go for the 64gb in aluminium :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

What courier does Google use for delivery in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Decent review here
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/10/26/nexus-6p-review/

The guy already has seen some light image retention on the screen after one week though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I was hoping to get the 64GB one too but the European prices are pure extortion. Was tempted to get one from the US but not going to take the chance it will work over here

Why would a us phone not work here, if it was purchased from play store or not via a network, isn't it an unlocked phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Why would a us phone not work here, if it was purchased from play store or not via a network, isn't it an unlocked phone?
    If you want to use the phone on 4G networks, the US version doesn't support band 20 which all mobile operators are using in Europe/Asia. (same for 99% of US Android mobiles)
    Three are still using band 3 but phasing it out in favour of band 20 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Video review from MKBHD is up. It's a shame this one is outside my price range here in Ireland, it looks to be near perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

It's a shame it impossible to get in Ireland :D I'd be willing to spend an arm and a leg on it if I could :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Flaccus wrote:
    Decent review here

Flaccus wrote:
    The guy already has seen some light image retention on the screen after one week though

I'm not liking battery report from that review.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

Flaccus wrote: »
    The guy already has seen some light image retention on the screen after one week though :(

That battery life with image retention after a week, sounds like he has the brightness cranked up to the max all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

anyone seeing any movement of their orders? Have ordered a 64gb frost. Listed as 28Oct-30Oct but i havent seen any charge hit my account as of 5 mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

My case has shipped which will at least give me some idea of what size the phone is. No movement on my 6p yet which I ordered about an hour after the launch keynote. 29zrjag.png

10545fn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Implosiony

Just a heads up that there's some graphite and aluminium models up on the Irish store right now! Just ordered one, and it's giving a delivery eta of Oct 29 - Nov 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

Mine shipped today, coming from London via DHL. Tracking says due for delivery tomorrow.

Oh yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I'm definitely considering selling my edge and getting this but am concerned that those chamfered edges will be scratch magnets like the note 4.

You can see what I am talking about around 0:22-0:24 in the video below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuNuPes5Yfg

Or at 9:14 in MB's review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc5fFvp8le4

I know these are likely not retail samples but it looks very similar to what happens with the note 4 where even using the Samsung official protective cover would scuff the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

digitaldr wrote: »
    My case has shipped which will at least give me some idea of what size the phone is. No movement on my 6p yet which I ordered about an hour after the launch keynote. 29zrjag.png

10545fn.jpg

Dr I was just about to ask you how your order was on.

My case shipped also but still pending on the phone. Least it will give us a turnaround time on processing-shipping-delivery with the cases.

My Skinomi screen protector came today, giving me an exact idea of the phone....its big:)

Still waiting for the 64gb aluminium to become available for order.
    For those who are interested in the 32gb version of the 6P, it's available with Google in both aluminium and black at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I keep on flip flopping on this but I think I'll order the 32GB version.
    From looking at my storage on my OPO, I'm only using 20GB so space wont be an issue (god bless unlimited internet and streaming media!).
    The reviews are what swung it for me and the battery seems to be an improvement on the current phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Implosiony wrote: »
    Just a heads up that there's some graphite and aluminium models up on the Irish store right now! Just ordered one, and it's giving a delivery eta of Oct 29 - Nov 2.

Thanks for that- what was the point of me signing up to their list when it was out of stock if they don't even email me when it's available again..

Having said that, only the 32GB model is available. And those European prices really are outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

All gone.
    Just as I forced myself to resign for a 32GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

All gone.

That's god's way of telling you 32GB would have been too small :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

All gone.

Still available in 32GB Graphite & Aluminum from what I can see.

Advertisement