Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Living off the grid...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Graces7 wrote: »
    Why would they be investigated?

Welfare fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Del2005 wrote: »
    Welfare fraud.

But the poster you were replying to said they..

"Dont work, dont draw dole, dont engage with public services".

Concern would be they don't pay tax either. ie they work secretly and think that as they do not use dole etc they do not need to pay tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I know of 2 off-grid households near me - no planning permission. They dont give a f***.

Living inside farmshed, complete house built inside, have no monthly bills. If you can do it, makes sense, but not too many females would be interested. Anyone snoops around - had better run faster than an alsatian.

A lot of modern life is bull****, keeping up with the Jones.

Why would they need planning permission? I am sure they do, but ..myob?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,023 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

' Yo.
    Science.
    What is it all about? Techmology.
    What is that all about? Is it good or is it whack? There is a bloke from round my hood, Staines, called Rainbow Jeremy, who reject everything to do with science.
    He just chill at home, he smoke his own home-grown, and check this - he don't have a telly.
    I ain't shitting you.
    He don't have a telly.

He lives in a house, though.
    That house is a product of technology.

He got no techmology, you can check his website.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,023 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The car isn't the problem hydrogen powered cars with electric ignition have been around for over 200 years.

Making and storing hydrogen is.
    It takes a lot of room to store the stuff and it takes a lot of energy to make it.

Simple solution?

Run the hydrogen off the electricity and the electricity off the hydrogen

• Advertisement
Advertisement