Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

If your device is not rooted and using AdBlock Plus does it work when on mobile internet? I know it works if you're using wifi but I couldn't figure out 3g/4g etc

On your APN settings for mobile set proxy to "localhost" and port to "2020" (excluding ")

Probably best to configure a new APN profile copying your old and add the above to it!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

corkie wrote: »
    If your device is root try adfree

If your device is not then Adblock Plus is a good option! Just ignore the option for the browser and download the app!

Don't know if they where the one mentioned!

i aint sure which one i was using but both sound familiar. im rooted as of tonight so ill be going with adblock plus. thanks for all other replies guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i aint sure which one i was using but both sound familiar. im rooted as of tonight so ill be going with adblock plus. thanks for all other replies guys

I'm not rooted anymore but adaway was my favourite one when I was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

MarkY91 wrote:
    saw an ad block mentioned here a few months ago that worked well. i got a new phone and forget what it was that i used. any recomendations? dont want a browser or anything. just an app that i can store away and never open again

adaway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I also use Xposed which opens lots of other adblock options such as min min guard and YouTube adblocker. Min min guard blocks ads in apps and games but also reclaims the space taken up by the ad

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/xposed-minminguard-v1-7-0-cancelled-t2597332

Wow that looks great....you're using it on an OPO yes? Same as me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Yes, on the Exodus ROM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I got adaway guys but thanks for all the replies. No more stupid ads when browsing boards etc lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Adguard is the one you want..

+1 works faultlessly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

do you not have a built in ad blocker on it?

On my OPO with Exodus yes but I use AdAway on all the other Android devices I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

aw right thought you wanted one for OPO. the built in one can be a little too strict for some sites i find, it'll block some videos & redirect links

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

does the opo have its own adblock? how do you turn it on?

I only found it when I flashed Exodus as the ROM....found it in "Settings - ROM controls".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Monopoly is just 10c!

Just tried buying it and it is not compatible with my Nexus 6 or Samsung Tablet. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Another game called Contre Jour also for 10c.

Looks like the EA/Chillingo sale that was advertised on AppSales for the US Google Play made its way over here!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

There's a list of all the games on sale for 10c here.

€0.90 for EA shíte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

[Double post. my apologies.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Niemoj wrote: »
    [Double post. my apologies.]

You can just delete this you know:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

May have been posted before, but...
    Monument Valley is on Amazon Underground. Not such a big deal, because it's been on Amazon's free app of the day previously, but because it's on Underground, you get in-app purchases for free, which means you can grab the extra levels (Forgotten Shores). Always felt it was a little cheeky, charging for extra levels after having paid for the original game. This link may not work, but should be available from the Amazon Underground app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

weird.. can't find monopoly on my phone in the play store. Even under electronic arts, closest is monopoly slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd say your phone isn't supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Mr E wrote: »
    I'd say your phone isn't supported.

LG G4 isnt supported? weird..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

S6 and S6 Edge are not either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Guys Looking for some advice here. Whats a good app that allows you to play music from a storage device via your phone. Also sorts the music out by genre, band etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement