Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

shocksy wrote: »
    When did i say everyone who makes a bet can give tips???? point that out to me please????

I said this is a place where people can come on and post what they have backed, just as el loca ade has said, no reasoning required, doesnt have to be a tip whatsoever, if people dont like it then tough, leave the forum.

This is the football tips thread, for giving tips? You see that?

This basically means anyone posting their bet is giving a tip.

Anyone can post her, so everyones a tipster?

Anyways this is my last post in this thread and the live betting. G'luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Lads would it be alright if I put 20 quid on Chamberlain anytime scorer?
    Somebody might think this is a silly bet and I may need to reflect on my life before I decide to throw away my money... :P

Relax would yas! A tip on this is like a tip anywhere else, take it or leave it. If you think somebody is making a stupid bet then don't follow them on it, simple as that.

That being said, I think Chamberlain anytime scorer @ 7/4 is good value considering Chamakh and Arshavin are both poor players and only Ramsey/Arteta seem to be threats to him scoring.

Worth 20 beans me thinks!
    Yeah hes 6/4. Can see Arsenal scoring some goals and with no rvp I can see Chamberlain getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    FENERBAHÇE v GAZIANTEPSPOR

Under 2.5 goals @ 9/10

Fenerbahce- 6/8 Games at Home (75%) have been Under 2.5 / 12/18 Games Overall (67%) been under 2.5
    Gaziantespor - 6/8 Games Away (75%) have been Under 2.5 / 12/18 Games Overall (67%) been under 2.5

Past meetings in Fenerbache:
    1-0 ; 1-0 ; 1-1 ; 0-0; 2-1

Rats, 2-1 now- red card for Gaziantepspor really fecked up this bet

was looking at putting my profit on this at Under 1.5 goals in Beira v Braga- 66% of games for Beira finished Under 1.5 and 57.14% of Braga's away games finish Under 1.5. Odds of 7/4 looked nice. ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

20/1 is tiny lads,

I had a 33/1 Saturday :D

and i'm all over Leeds btw. ( just because i love them thou )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

gudede wrote: »
    Went for O'Dea to get booked tonight @ 5/2 and first card at 12/1.

brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

gudede wrote: »
    Went for O'Dea to get booked tonight @ 5/2 and first card at 12/1.

We love you Darren :D only small stakes though but what harm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Nice one gudede

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    Rats, 2-1 now- red card for Gaziantepspor really fecked up this bet

was looking at putting my profit on this at Under 1.5 goals in Beira v Braga- 66% of games for Beira finished Under 1.5 and 57.14% of Braga's away games finish Under 1.5. Odds of 7/4 looked nice. ah well

ha- would have lost the profit anyhow

good call gudede- think i'll start following other peoples bets for awhile- my research is leading me to cul de sacs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

btw, the odds on Angers keep dropping, similar to what happened with Bastia and they won.

Angers won 4-3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Cliftonville v Dungannon
    Cliftonville HT Cliftonville FT 11/10
    This game is on Sky Sports 1 not a game to get involved in heavy with

winner :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

double:
    Angers / Cliftonville :D

Treble:
    Angers / Cliftonville / under 2.5 in the Braga game :(

Also, can I get odds on Chamack NOT to score? :p

Happy with that, saw the last minute of the Cliftonville game and Dungannon hit the bar just before the final whistle :o

What price were Lausanne to beat twente tonight? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

What price were Lausanne to beat twente tonight? :eek:

?? It ended a draw?

Flashscore has it down as a Lausanne win?

ah i see, Penalties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    10 euro Treble tonight of Braga, Angers and Arsenal @3.32

Also 10 euro on Hinckley @ 6/4

Pity about Hinckley but not a bad night overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Benzema Wincast of 1/1 or me later. Great odds on. Player for scoring for fun just have mak sure he's not injured for this game. Also thinking of over 3.5 goals @ 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Headshot wrote: »
    Benzema Wincast of 1/1 or me later. Great odds on. Player for scoring for fun just have mak sure he's not injured for this game. Also thinking of over 3.5 goals @ 5/4

Does wincast mean all he has to do is score and the team to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Does wincast mean all he has to do is score and the team to win?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sheff Utd (4th) –v- Yeovil (21st)
    Sheff Utd have already beaten Yeovil this season away from home and I’d expect them to do the job in Bramall Lane. Aside from the long journey north for Yeovil the stats are definitely in Sheff Utds favour, their home form is 9 Wins, 2 Draws, and 2 Losses, while Yeovil away 1 Win, 7 Draws, and 3 Losses.

Sheffield haven’t lost at home since the 1st October (vs Chartlon), and the last time they drew was the 29th October (Exeter), since then they’ve been on winning form at home.

Sheffield Utd to win, and cover the -1.

Luton (3rd) –v- Stockport (19th)
    4 wins on the trot for Luton, conceding just 1 goal while scoring 15. Stockport away form recently has been shocking, 5 games since an away win and 7 games since an away draw. Not much more to write into this as it seems straight forward.

Luton to win, and cover the -1.

Fleetwood Town (2nd) –v- Barrow (11th)
    11 games since a loss and only 1 loss at home all season firmly puts Fleetwood in the forefront of the betting in this match. Fleetwood want to keep the pressure on Wrexham while Luton are breathing down their throat in 3rd so Fleetwood will be desperate to get the 3 points here.

Fleetwoods home form is 6 Wins, 5 Draws, and 1 Loss while Barrows away form is grime reading 3 Wins, 2 Draws and 8 Losses. Barrow have conceded 27 goals away, just over 2 goals conceded per away game on average. While Fleetwood have scored nearly 2 goals per home game on average.

Fleetwood Town to win, and cover the -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Real Madrid to cover -1 First half handicap looks good to me at 3/1.

Madrid are usually very fast out of the blocks and there's only the one goal in the tie as it stands so I'd would expect Madrid to go out to try and kill it off early. They covered this easily in their last away game against Sevilla. Depends on the teams but I think it'll be worth a shot.

It is a bit of a long shot but 3/1 is a bit high in my opinion. The last time Madrid played at Malaga, Ronaldo scored a first half hat-trick and they were 4-0 up at half time. Fingers crossed!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

As much as all the bickering has come across like a bunch of teenage girls at the wrong moment in the cycle it has highlighted an important point:

There is a demand out there for a thread where each selection must be accompanies with a couple of reasons for making that selection rather than have a football TIPS thread cluttered with random accumulators that were thrown together in 10 minutes.

I guarantee you will get a higher standard of punter contributing when they see the increased quality of posts.

As much as all the bickering has come across like a bunch of teenage girls at the wrong moment in the cycle it has highlighted an important point:

There is a demand out there for a thread where each selection must be accompanies with a couple of reasons for making that selection rather than have a football TIPS thread cluttered with random accumulators that were thrown together in 10 minutes.

I guarantee you will get a higher standard of punter contributing when they see the improved quality of posts.

shangri la wrote: »

I guarantee you will get a higher standard of punter contributing when they see the improved quality of posts.

This is true, but it seems like there would almost have to be a completely different section for this, rather than just the betting pages, this would be professional and rather than just average punters.

shangri la wrote: »

I guarantee you will get a higher standard of punter contributing when they see the increased quality of posts.

Start a log? follow other logs?

if you post here regularly enough you'll now the more successful punters

following from the last couple of ht/ft turn overs

i'll have a little on Adana ht Galatasary ft later on @ 22/1,

I'll follow the betting in play on both games which should tell alot more anyway.

Later,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

There already was a private website set up along with face book pages, but they have all slowed down recently.
    Not sure on the demand for another attempt to make it more restricted.

There already was a private website set up along with face book pages, but they have all slowed down recently.

whats this in reference too?

The facebook page is buzzin btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sheff Utd
    Sheffield Utd to win, and cover the -1.

Fleetwood Town
    Fleetwood Town to win, and cover the -1.

The only point of potential concern here is that both sides played pretty much their best available sides in the FA Cup on Saturday. Dunno if there has been any injury fall out from those matches. Worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

India v Bayern munich coming up soon. Potential for goals?

• Advertisement

There is absolutely no need for all this private/restricted bullsh1t.

A "reasoning must be given" thread in the football section where anybody who just posts a selection with no reasoning is gently encouraged to give a line or two of a reason they next time they tip a selection very similar to the punters lounge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement