Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

This could be a huge factor in this transfer, will Johnston show loyalty now to his native Cavan or continue to Persue a chance of glory with Kildare??

now would be the time for Cavan to welcome Johnston back with open Arms!! If not Kildare will gain I'm aware of that but is the easy option now for this to be resolved in Cavan and all to resume normality!

Obviously Johnston is involved training etc In Kildare I wonder has his loyalty transferred to Kildare before any final decision about him has been made!

I have said it before I will get behind seanie if he really shows Kildare fans something like loyalty to the cause.

I'm not sure how 'loyal' a player can be when its clear its a move to do with the best interest of no one but himself. He even publicly stated he doesnt want to leave his club. Loyalty really will not be a factor in this at all.

Do you, or anyone in Kildare, think he would stay if Cavan got a new manager and started on a good run? they have now won 2 Ulster U21s in a row and are making progress. The next few years for them will be vital. Do you honestly think Johnston isnt looking at this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

bruschi wrote: »
    I'm not sure how 'loyal' a player can be when its clear its a move to do with the best interest of no one but himself. He even publicly stated he doesnt want to leave his club.

A reason to be concerned if you are a Kildare fan. Can any of the Kildare panel even welcome this guy with open arms when he is going to threaten some regular Kildare forward with his spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

blackbelt wrote: »
    A reason to be concerned if you are a Kildare fan. Can any of the Kildare panel even welcome this guy with open arms when he is going to threaten some regular Kildare forward with his spot?

That's what I am saying how can any true Kildare fans honestly fully back this transfer?? I mean it's obvious lies are being told, and is an AI worth getting rid of one of our forwards for seanie? And remember the effort our lads make for the county... Before Micky starts throwing words in let me ask you all this - are you loyal to our lads or are u just seeking glory?? I think our forwards are excellent I can't see where Johnston will feature unless he is there to get forwards trying harder to do a good job with threat of jOhnston looming

• Registered Users Posts: 51,483 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Crawling back? What the hell are you talking about! He was dropped from the panel i.e Andrews rang him up and told him he will not be picked this year while he was in charge.

If I was a Cavan fan I would welcome him with open arms, he is the best player Cavan have produced in the last decade!

Some people!

He is indeed the best player they have had in years but they allowed him to be badly treated by a poor manager.
    Yes indeed. They don't like being proved wrong on this thread either.
    I doubt I will get any apologies for being right but however.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

He is indeed the best player they have had in years but they allowed him to be badly treated by a poor manager.
    Christ almighty. Just three days ago you said you were leaving this thread. What's changed?
    Your opinions carry absolutely no credibility whatsoever seeing as you've admitted you have a personal grudge against Val Andrews. I've no opinion of him as a manager but your childish actions on this thread certainly won't convince me of anything.

• Advertisement

Christ almighty. Just three days ago you said you were leaving this thread. What's changed?
    Your opinions carry absolutely no credibility whatsoever seeing as you've admitted you have a personal grudge against Val Andrews. I've no opinion of him as a manager but your childish actions on this thread certainly won't convince me of anything.

I have no grudge except that I believe he is a bad manger who would ruin a good young team like he did here in Louth.
    I have gone out of my way to explain that to you and others if you want to read back over the thread.
    The recent events in Cavan have proved my opinions to be right as there is now player revolt even after Andrews got rid of the experienced players who expressed the same opinions.
    Face up to the facts and stop behaving like a baby. Seanie Johnston was treated very badly by the Cavan manager.

Face up to the facts and stop behaving like a baby.
    That is hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Crawling back? What the hell are you talking about! He was dropped from the panel i.e Andrews rang him up and told him he will not be picked this year while he was in charge.

If I was a Cavan fan I would welcome him with open arms, he is the best player Cavan have produced in the last decade!

Some people!

What were you right about? Cavan are still in Division 3 so you were wrong there.

And, as I've said numerous times, Johnston is not the best player Cavan have produced in years. I'd take Gearoid McKiernan over him any day.

Lemlin wrote: »
    What were you right about? Cavan are still in Division 3 so you were wrong there.

And, as I've said numerous times, Johnston is not the best player Cavan have produced in years. I'd take Gearoid McKiernan over him any day.

Saved by Tipp ??? With 4 points this year as against 6 last year !!!
    Val was not your Moses just like he was not ours. He was no breath of fresh air and I was right in saying he would cause trouble and go backwards rather than forwards.
    Geroid Mc Kiernan is a midfielder and Seanie is a corner forward for your information. Though in fairness Mc Kiernan will be a great for Cavan and so will Givney IF they are handled properly and with a good man-manager and proper coaching.

Believe me Lemlin, Cavan would go nowhere with Andrews and that was my main point. He just causes divisions.
    Well done to to Hyland and your U21's by the way. Great back-to-back Ulster titles. My Cavan friends were very happy this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

I think we will see Johnston back in a Cavan Jersey this year.

Rumours that Anthony Forde will take over the management until the end of the season.

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    I think we will see Johnston back in a Cavan Jersey this year.

Rumours that Anthony Forde will take over the management until the end of the season.

He would be better off in a Cavan shirt!! Much better chance for him to start matches IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

He would be better off in a Cavan shirt!! Much better chance for him to start matches IMO

lol If Kildare have 6 better forwards than Seanie Johnson they have been doing a fine job of keeping them hidden from the rest of the 31 counties for the last 10 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

The only Kildare forward better than Seanie is Johnny Doyle.
    You would think that you had a group of superstars down there by the way you are talking...
    Remind me what exactly it is that you have won under the current management?

lol If Kildare have 6 better forwards than Seanie Johnson they have been doing a fine job of keeping them hidden from the rest of the 31 counties for the last 10 years :D

I'm not doubting his playing skills but he is a diva!! Surely he can't expect to just walk into an established Kildare team and replace one of our local lads?

Also he has reportedly been at a Cavan meeting with the Cavan team last night, why would he be there? I feel he is ****ing all parties involved around tbh. Maybe it's me but this transfer is a farce he isn't living in straffan that's a sure thing.

I'm getting a feeling from Cavan thread he could do a uturn on this transfer since Andrews is gone??

If I was him I would be doing some serious thinking now is playing for a foreign county worth a two hour return drive from Cavan for training matches etc??

Also he has reportedly been at a Cavan meeting with the Cavan team last night, why would he be there? I feel he is ****ing all parties involved around tbh. ?

I would take that with a pinch of salt.

That is hilarious :pac:

Obviously hard for you to take. And the disciples :D

Hammar wrote: »
    The only Kildare forward better than Seanie is Johnny Doyle.
    You would think that you had a group of superstars down there by the way you are talking...
    Remind me what exactly it is that you have won under the current management?

Ok you don't think Kavanagh Doyle smith Conway Callaghan and oconnor are not excellent forwards?

Erratic shooting hampers our forwards not lack of skill, when they play the right ball into positions they are very good finishers. Problem is they tend to try hail Mary efforts that 70-80 percent of time are not kickable scores. Their work rate is excellent though nobody can argue that!!

I'm annoyed at the diva aspect of all this tbh it is bull**** and drama we really don't need! Bad press for Kildare moaning about bad luck last few years we could do without bad press coming to championship but that's my opinion.

If Johnston shows he defo wants to play for us and works hard then great but this is a farce now it really needs to be put to bed.

celt262 wrote: »
    I would take that with a pinch of salt.

Your right I imagine but I'm wound up with this transfer now lol I reached breaking point ;)

Ok you don't think Kavanagh Doyle smith Conway Callaghan and oconnor are not excellent forwards?

Erratic shooting hampers our forwards not lack of skill, when they play the right ball into positions they are very good finishers. Problem is they tend to try hail Mary efforts that 70-80 percent of time are not kickable scores. Their work rate is excellent though nobody can argue that!!

I'm annoyed at the diva aspect of all this tbh it is bull**** and drama we really don't need! Bad press for Kildare moaning about bad luck last few years we could do without bad press coming to championship but that's my opinion.

If Johnston shows he defo wants to play for us and works hard then great but this is a farce now it really needs to be put to bed.

James Kavanagh and Eamon O Callaghan are very good forwards
    Mikey Conway has the potential to be a very good player.
    Tomas O Connor is a decent enough targetman and Alan Smith is a good enough player.
    None of them offer the scoring threat of Johnston.
    Seanie would start on any team in Ireland,including the big three,Kerry,Cork and Dublin.

Hammar wrote: »
    James Kavanagh and Eamon O Callaghan are very good forwards
    Mikey Conway has the potential to be a very good player.
    Tomas O Connor is a decent enough targetman and Alan Smith is a good enough player.
    None of them offer the scoring threat of Johnston.
    Seanie would start on any team in Ireland,including the big three,Kerry,Cork and Dublin.

I know he can score and is threatening I had to say it though no matter who the player he needs to earn the respect and trust of the Kildare faithful just like the players that are there at the moment.

Btw Tyrone are prob best team in country well going on how they played in the league anyways. I just hope Kildare turn up bells and whistles for the final ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Lemlin wrote: »

There has been a lot of bull talked on this thread but this beats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

i think a couple of posters on the cavan thread are not exactly seans biggest fans , i've no idea what is goin on but i wouldnt take the anti johnston lads word as gospel , my opinion is that if he genuinely wants to go , let him go but i wouldn't blame this on andrews walking before he was pushed

cavan4sam wrote: »
    i think a couple of posters on the cavan thread are not exactly seans biggest fans , i've no idea what is goin on but i wouldnt take the anti johnston lads word as gospel , my opinion is that if he genuinely wants to go , let him go but i wouldn't blame this on andrews walking before he was pushed

Correct has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

One thing that does not make sense to me is some Cavan people who wer questioning Johnston's attitude and dedication while at the same time Johnston deciding to join what must be the most dedicated panel in the country.

One thing that does not make sense to me is some Cavan people who wer questioning Johnston's attitude and dedication while at the same time Johnston deciding to join what must be the most dedicated panel in the country.

Nobody ever questioned his dedication,
    The guy trains as hard as any IC footballer in the country and harder than most of the lads on the Cavan Panel off the last number of years.
    His attitude whereby he was "mouthing off" at his teammates during games alongside other incidents,such as a dressing room verbal exchange with a couple of players new to the panel meant that his attitude was rightly questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

His attitude yes, but I dont think anyone is questioning his dedication. Johnston is dedicated and I have heard he has been a lot gym on his own over the winter. But the fact is he has a bad attitude, is extremely cocky, very disruptive and I know Gaels players who are glad to see the back of him. Maybe he will settle down if he joins the Kildare panel, where he will be a small fish in a big pond, but I have no doubt he is only in it for his own personal glory. I also think people here are over-estimating Johnston's ability, he is well down the list of the top forwards in the country.

I think Andrews successor would be very foolish to bring Johnston back into the Cavan panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    His attitude yes, but I dont think anyone is questioning his dedication. Johnston is dedicated and I have heard he has been a lot gym on his own over the winter. But the fact is he has a bad attitude, is extremely cocky, very disruptive and I know Gaels players who are glad to see the back of him. Maybe he will settle down if he joins the Kildare panel, where he will be a small fish in a big pond, but I have no doubt he is only in it for his own personal glory. I also think people here are over-estimating Johnston's ability, he is well down the list of the top forwards in the country.

I think Andrews successor would be very foolish to bring Johnston back into the Cavan panel.

There are plenty of good footballers and sportsmen that are cocky and can be disruptive, its usually a trait of a winner. Maybe some of the Cavan Gaels lads don't like being told the truth. If he works as hard as you say, then give the guy credit. Was Roy Keane a leader, a winner or was he disruptive? I know which type of player I wold want on my team

Obviously hard for you to take. And the disciples :D
    See that crest in my signature? That says I'm a Meath man which means, if you use your head, that I'm unlikely to care much about what a Dublin man is doing for the Cavan team. So I'm hardly a "disciple" am I?
    And I find it a bit rich that you're saying I'm acting "like a baby" after all the crap you've left strewn in this thread:
    You couldn't make it up.
    AND these lads think they are knowledgeable about football. They would stab their own in defence of a lu la like Val.
    ha ha. You are right of course but that's what you are up against. Might throw a tenner on that myself if that logic works.
    Ha ha what a fantastic gent indeed. Here's a few lads who will second your nomination ha ha
    Many of your county men seem to have seen through Val ha ha.
    Good man yourself. You're a breath of hot air.
    Yeah, I'm the one acting like a baby alright :rolleyes:
    And it's blatantly obvious you have a grudge against Val Andrews. You have feck all posts in this forum apart from in this thread, and pretty much every one of your posts in this thread is bleating on about Val Andrews.

Oh, and one more thing
    I will drop back in from time to time to see how both Seanie and Val are getting on but I promise not to gloat. I expect one to be in Div 1 and the other in Div 4 though. But I won't gloat.
    See yis around.
    Good job on keeping yet another promise (even though you were wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

There are plenty of good footballers and sportsmen that are cocky and can be disruptive, its usually a trait of a winner. Maybe some of the Cavan Gaels lads don't like being told the truth. If he works as hard as you say, then give the guy credit. Was Roy Keane a leader, a winner or was he disruptive? I know which type of player I wold want on my team
    Roy Keane was always a team player, as he showed many times with the best example being against Juventus in 1999 when despite being ruled out of the final he played a Captains role to ensure his team reached the final. There is no comparison with Johnston who wants to jump ship, turning his back on his club and his county.

And as much as I dont like the Gaels, it is more likely Seanie is the problem, not the rest of the team.

As for giving the guy credit, I did give him credit where it was due, I also critised him where I felt that was due.

• Advertisement

See that crest in my signature? That says I'm a Meath man which means, if you use your head, that I'm unlikely to care much about what a Dublin man is doing for the Cavan team. So I'm hardly a "disciple" am I?
    And I find it a bit rich that you're saying I'm acting "like a baby" after all the crap you've left strewn in this thread:

Yeah, I'm the one acting like a baby alright :rolleyes:
    And it's blatantly obvious you have a grudge against Val Andrews. You have feck all posts in this forum apart from in this thread, and pretty much every one of your posts in this thread is bleating on about Val Andrews.

Oh, and one more thing

Good job on keeping yet another promise (even though you were wrong).

Ha ha ha I wasn't wrong about Val though, was I ? Even the Cavan players old and new saw through him, which was my main point !!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement