Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

the following people are gay...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I don't know the origin of the clip but I know it was never aired for kids. I don't think it is dubbed.

Someone told me that they did it when they were told the show was going to be axed but that's probably not true like many urban myths that grow from these things.

If anyone out there knows the real story I'd love to know it too :)

Back to the topic in hand (so to speak) ;) What about Sooty and Sweep from Sooty, sweep and Sue? Sweep was definitely gay but I think Sooty wanted Sue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

IIRC the rainbow clip IS real and not dubbed. The explaination for whats going on it it is that it was a specially produced clip intended to be screened only at the shows Xmas party in order to entertain the shows cast/crew. It was not an extract from any actual episode of Rainbow nor was ever meant to enter the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

MW wrote:
    also do any of you remember all of the innuendo in Captain Pugwash, such as seamen Stains and the like.
    No, because it was all a big debunked urban myth.

The Rainbow script you mention was a special episode produced by the cast for the TV station Christmas party and never meant for broadcast.

Bosco on the other hand.....male, female, or gender-transient?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bosco on the other hand.....male, female, or gender-transient?
    Depends - was it a female or male hand that was inserted ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Depends - was it a female or male hand that was inserted ...
    Surely that's a question of Bosco's sexuality rather than gender! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

"Back in the early days, before the days of VHS and now recordable DVDs etc the VT depts of both the BBC and ITV would make elaborate out-take, p*ss-take shows for sending out to their staff. The practice was stopped by the various TV managements once copies got out on Betamax and VHS around the early eighties for legal / taste reasons etc.

THE 'Twangers' clip was actually written by Roy Skelton, who not only voiced Zippy AND George, but was also a Dalek in many old Doctor Who stories.

It's a real tape with the real performers, but it was filmed as a joke and never intended for public consumption. There was a great tradition at the BBC and ITV companies of the videotape editing departments compiling tapes for their christmas parties - including clips with shows shot especially for the internal tape.

It was recorded in 1979, when the show had been running for several years.
    It was never intended to be shown on TV. In fact, the sketch was performed simply for the amusement of the cast and crew, and would have been lost to history, were it not for the
    OBA 1 Christmas tape put together by Thames TV engineers."

Found on a website about that rainbow clip, very funny though!

Advertisement