Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

• 03-01-2014 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Dublinnewcrest.png

Discussion about all things Dublin GAA related players match's ect

Offical Dublin country board website:http://www.hill16.ie/

Discuss below and up the the Dubs:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

The Bord na Mona O'Byrne Cup S.F. 2014 - Dublin GROUP D Fixtures

Westmeath v Dublin 5.1.2014 Mullingar 2.00

Dublin v Louth 8.1.2014 Parnell Park 7.45

Dublin v D.C.U. 12.1.2014 Parnell Park 2.00

Semi-Finals -19.1.2014

Final - 26.1.2014

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

celticbest wrote: »
    The Bord na Mona O'Byrne Cup S.F. 2014 - Dublin GROUP D Fixtures

Westmeath v Dublin 5.1.2014 Mullingar 2.00

Dublin v Louth 8.1.2014 Parnell Park 7.45

Dublin v D.C.U. 12.1.2014 Parnell Park 2.00

Semi-Finals -19.1.2014

Final - 26.1.2014

Any idea if they will release the team tonight did they last year

I know mannion andrews brogan rock mcarthy connelly and brennan wont be playing in the obyrne anyone else

Jim Galvin has confirmed that Stephen Cluxton is to remain as Captain for 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Anyone have any thoughts on today's match? Can't see any of the forwards making an impression come championship. Thought the kickouts were a bit rusty but improved throughout the game. Cluxton pulled off a great save in the second half. Disappointing that Cullen and Kevin Mc didn't start let alone come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Wasn't at the game so can't comment too muchbut it's always great to win with a second string team.

Shows the depth of the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,493 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Senior Hurling Challenge result from today lads Waterford 2-24 Dublin 3-13.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

In reality I'd say it was a third choice team.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Didn't see anything great today for an alternative midfield. Thought Hudson was poor by the standards he set last year, Duffy won most of the ball played down the middle for the home team. I thought George had a couple of nice touches at full back. Whelan wasn't too bad in the first half. The Westmeath half back line was very small.

It was a decent enough game and close till the end, a draw wouldn't have been unfair. Dolan was his usual sharp self when he came on but Cooper was brought on at the same time as him and went on him straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

Has Shane Supple Been dropped or are they just trying there options sean currie was the sub keeper today does anyone know if supple always played as sub in the obryne games last year when cluxton played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Dublinfan wrote: »
    Has Shane Supple Been dropped or are they just trying there options sean currie was the sub keeper today does anyone know if supple always played as sub in the obryne games last year when cluxton played

He played in a few of the games. hasn't been dropped as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dublinfan wrote: »

Supple has left the panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Gael85 wrote: »
    Supple has left the panel

Where did you see/hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Turned out a lot better day weather wise than I was expecting and enjoyable game for January. Was good to see Mick Fitz & Nolan on the pitch and young Dawson get a run out too. There's a depth of talent in the back line, thought Daly was quite effective in that role. While not a panic stations situation we're noticeably weak in midfield without the recognised big guns.

The league match will show a little bit more than yesterday - but I get the impression that Westmeath will set up ultra defensive and may spend the league plugging holes rather than being an attacking threat.

Warm hat and flask ready for Wednesday :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

What's on Wednesday? There was a very small home crowd yesterday, a westmeath man sat beside me, between us we estimated 10 to 15 to one in favour of Dublin in the crowd, it's a pity as it did turn into a great day for this time of year only rained on the way home. There was a bit of bite in the game too.

Stoner wrote: »
    What's on Wednesday?

Dublin v Louth in the Neller @ 7:45

Supple has left the panel work commitments etc, just found out from a reliable source

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

I thought Sean George was very impressive at full back. Paul McShane's doppleganger, Fanning, who came on at half time did quite well. Jason Whelan started well, but faded out quite badly. A number of players should definitely get another run. Walsh, Dawson and Lowndes got into the game as it progressed. Darren Daly looked our best player.

It's funny how the likes of Guckian, who up until now hasn't been a championship starter, looks a step above those starting out. I think he has had two seasons now in the OB cup and the league and might be an option later in the year.

Great to see Kevin Nolan and Mick Fitz out on the pitch.

Midfield didn't do well, although their number 8 had a very good game. Carthy looks like a guy with huge potential. Dessie Dolan is quality.

I missed the Dub stars games, so it was great to be back out after the Christmas Break.

The reality of OB games is that 70% of the starters will make very little impression on the team, even towards the end of the league campaign. If Galvins intention is to blood young/promising lads I'd love to see Ted Furman get a run

I agree Furman is due a run, he's a pure no 14, if the rest of them could learn to pass he might actually stick a few goals, worth a look . Lol on the Paul McShane reference I said it to my buddy and the Westmeath lad beside me but neither knew who McShane was, he got a nice point with his first kick of the ball, made a mess of the second attempt though, but he's a good build strong looking man, thought young Walsh got around well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I've no insights into the team or anything but I'd just like to say I'm incredibly excited to get back into the swing of things tomorrow evening, it has been a long four months :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Oh snap ! :D

Don't think that Furman will make it. There are just too many quality forwards in the queue ahead of him.

Two key members of the backroom team have stood down citing work and study commitments. They will be missed. :(

http://www.independent.ie/sport/jim-gavin-loses-two-members-of-his-allireland-winning-backroom-team-29895286.html

Team v Louth tonight,

1 Seán Currie Ballymun Kickhams
    2 Darragh Nelson Ballyboden St Enda's
    3 Seán George Ballymun Kickhams
    4 Michael Fitzsimons Cuala
    5 Chris Guckian St Jude’s
    6 Bryan Cullen Skerries Harps
    7 Kevin Nolan Kilmacud Crokes
    8 Declan O'Mahony Ballyboden St Enda's
    9 Shane Carthy Naomh Mearnóg
    10 Conor Walsh St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh
    11 Ciarán Kilkenny Castleknock
    12 Jason Whelan Ballymun Kickhams
    13 Paul Hudson Thomas Davis
    14 Kevin McManamon St Jude’s
    15 Gary Sweeney St Sylvester’s

http://www.hill16.ie/news/294935/Dubs_make_five_changes_for_duel_with_Louth

That'll do nicely, some fresh blood in there and the likes of Whelan given another shot to see if he fades in the second half again. Will be even more interesting to see who is retained for the league. Super excited, roll on 7:45!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Does the season ticket cover the O'Byrne? Heading over later and will chance my arm at the gate anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, it is 10 quid at the gate. It goes towards an injured players fund. Every one has to pay it. Having a Parnell Pass or a season ticket won't get you in for free.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No, it is 10 quid at the gate. It goes towards an injured players fund. Every one has to pay it. Having a Parnell Pass or a season ticket won't get you in for free.

^-- This. The Season Tickets are for League/Championship fixtures only. See you there in 40 mins. I'll be there on my own this evening since the father's working so if any of you spot a guy with glasses in a grey jacket with brown trousers and feels like embarrassing themselves asking if he's from the internet feel free to say hello :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

^-- This. The Season Tickets are for League/Championship fixtures only. See you there in 40 mins. I'll be there on my own this evening since the father's working so if any of you spot a guy with glasses in a grey jacket with brown trousers and feels like embarrassing themselves asking if he's from the internet feel free to say hello :D

I imagine you'll be on your own all night mate.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Oh snap ! :D

Don't think that Furman will make it. There are just too many quality forwards in the queue ahead of him.

Two key members of the backroom team have stood down citing work and study commitments. They will be missed. :(

http://www.independent.ie/sport/jim-gavin-loses-two-members-of-his-allireland-winning-backroom-team-29895286.html

.... and Philly McM starts at centre forward tonight :rolleyes:

Slattsy wrote: »
    I imagine you'll be on your own all night mate.

The things you do for your county, eh? Bad match so far, the weather is awful which isn't helping. A one point game, literally with Dublin leading 0-1 to 0-0

• Advertisement

Half time and Louth lead by 0-3 to 0-1. I hear AIG are sponsoring Dublin now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement