Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bf3 is slowly but surely going to consume my entire hardive on my xbox. Atleast I can download the patch tomorow and armoured kill next week so it wont be one marathon of downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Varik wrote: »
    Patch size: 1.53GB
    Armored Kill size: 1.55GB

Over PSN.....so much for a week head start.

It's times like this I love my net connection. I should have it all down within about 30 mins. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Gonna be down from 9am for 2 hours too , just multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

It's times like this I love my net connection. I should have it all down within about 30 mins. :)

120mb here (catv cabled xbox), having it for free is nice bonus too. :D;)
    Ill download the patch in the morning, I can spare a few mins then. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oh yeah? Well I have 2MB.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxfuKmN4rlJvyo-nx7oGlF0zDP0U23uI_2wPV_goSpKJ3hDIqI4g&t=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Wasnt up as of 8 am this morning, will pop home around 10 and check again, hopefully get it done before the masses later this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭doubledown

It's live! (no joke)

Patching now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

The patch is live, the AK maps are not.

yeah, reporting as just over 60mins to download on a 30MB line
    Hopefully AK maps will be up at lunch time, didnt check before starting the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Patch on PC is out aswell. Took around 10 minutes for me @ 2.7GB

• Advertisement

Maps are up , either search for it or you should see the full battlefield game in the store menu , click that ,then armoured kill will be on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yep, maps are up. 58% downloaded

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I hate you all, I'm stuck in Dublin until Monday while my PC sits in my London flat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

5uspect wrote: »
    I hate you all, I'm stuck in Dublin until Monday while my PC sits in my London flat...

It's only PS3 Premium who get it today. PC and 360 Premium on 11th of September.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/armored-kill

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    It's only PS3 Premium who get it today. PC and 360 Premium on 11th of September.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/armored-kill

Ah, well then... have I told ye how much I love you guys?! :pac:

kensutz wrote: »
    Yep, maps are up. 58% downloaded

Weird. Not seeing AK here yet.

doubledown wrote: »
    Weird. Not seeing AK here yet.

Same here, patch is down, no maps yet though.

If you quit the game and go into the Playstation Store and then go to the NEW THIS WEEK section it should be there.

doubledown wrote: »
    If you quit the game and go into the Playstation Store and then go to the NEW THIS WEEK section it should be there.

Nice one, thanks for that!

Okay, I already love AK. Some dudes tried to roadkill me with a Quad and I headshot them both off and robbed their ride. :)

I've got some gameplay recorded from Alborz Mountain which is rendering out now and I'll throw a link in here when it's up.

The map is big, it'll be epic for you PC guys...I really do envy you right now. Damavand Peak is literally one of the many mountains on this map to give a concept of scale.

The Tank Destroyer is fun, although it's Javelin bait on most servers right now until you unlock the IR smoke. The gun on it is NOT just a cannon from an Abrams or T9, it's a very different beast with it's own drop, velocity and profile...took me a few shots to get used to it.

• Advertisement

Loving it so far myself :) , one thing , spawns need quads' nothing against peeps standign at the spawn waiting for tanks as no way would ya run to the flag , also grouping together is a good tactic v javelin as it just jumps lock between them. Also who is Johnny _Addidas or soemthing ? .boardsie?

yep thats me :) back at work now. had to try out the AC130 before i left so quit out of our game. Tank Superiority is good fun although losing your tank on the objective and trying to take out tanks with rpgs isnt :)

Shot twice while trying to jihad a quad so it certainly wont be as easy as with jeeps.

dont know if i was spawning in the wrong seat or what but only had use of the guns and not the AA in the gunship
    Its v easy to be brought down if there are good pilots against you. It certainly is a sight on fire for ages before it does explode. A few players taking aim with IGLAs will certainly bring it down in no time.
    Managed to shoot it myself with the tank destroyer pitched up on a bank.
    Have to sit through the evening in work now and wait til all are in bed before i can get it a good whirl tonight

Soby, you're dead right about the spawning in TS. Cant see me playing it too much going forward once the novelty wears off. Id say they left them out just as its tank only and people would just use the quads offensively

I agree with Jonny...probably going so far as to say the AC-130 will be a massive disappointment to most people.

It does have an AA gun, but its only on the top of the Gunship. I brought down 3 in one game just by flying at them from beneath the plane and strafing it with my Flanker a couple of times.

To echo thoughts on Tank Superiority, I can only see myself playing this when I have at least a squad, if not a full team, of my buddies on. Too many people jumping into a vehicle and driving off solo, then the rest of the team has a 500-600 hike to the one base only to get shot on the way there by a tank or destroyer.

That said, it is fun, me and some random dude jumped in a Tank Destroyer and worked the flanks of the map, jumping out to rep when we needed to and we did wreck some kids.

Okay, so here is the Alborz Mountain vid including my sweet ass double headshot/quad theft at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

not sure if this is working but on pc here and

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/f24400f8-dba9-4bb4-8048-01dbb7cebf50/Blutwurstserver-powered-by-www-pippis-de/

is showing up AK with a 24 player server and i'm 80th in queue.

all others say cannot play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

danniemcq wrote: »
    not sure if this is working but on pc here and

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/f24400f8-dba9-4bb4-8048-01dbb7cebf50/Blutwurstserver-powered-by-www-pippis-de/

is showing up AK with a 24 player server and i'm 80th in queue.

all others say cannot play.

balls, server just got removed it seems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I remember that happening when Close Quarters was released. Wasn't able to get in either

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only played two maps so far, both on Rush. Bandar Desert and Death Valley. Absolutely love the former. Stunningly beautiful map and I can only imagine how good it would be on PC with 64 player playing CQ.

Death Valley isn't bad. But I think that it'll take some getting used to, especially in Rush which is the game I prefer most due to numbers on the console.

Turning into an odd auld day. My video got tweeted out by some of the bigger BF3 Youtubers and one of the Machinima guys wanted to use it for his commentary, so I've been playing a lot less that I thought and answering a lot of questions on YT and watching my subs and views go up.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Turning into an odd auld day. My video got tweeted out by some of the bigger BF3 Youtubers and one of the Machinima guys wanted to use it for his commentary, so I've been playing a lot less that I thought and answering a lot of questions on YT and watching my subs and views go up.:D

Youtube Monaaaaayyyyy :D:D

Advertisement