Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill

• 05-06-2012 12:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭

The 2nd DLC will be released in September. This one will have the biggest BF map ever created with over 60 vehicles on the battlefield simultaneously.. AC130's are confirmed as well...

armored-kill-cover-big.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Two man bombers? FÚCK YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,407 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Two man bombers? FÚCK YEAH!

*evil laughs

so many noobs to shoot down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I have to say I'm looking forward to jihad AC130s. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Decryptor wrote: »
    I have to say I'm looking forward to jihad AC130s. :D

No jihad AC130's for us it seems:
    9QTmN.png

It says 'spawn' in the gunners seat :(

ktulu123 wrote: »
    No jihad AC130's for us it seems:

It says 'spawn' in the gunners seat :(

hmm..interesting..will the AC130 just fly around in a circle around the map letting players shooting at the ground. What about other jets..can they shoot it down etc?
    Very disappointed if this is the case as it would have been awesome to fly it:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i guess you could go all out.

People spawn in AC10, team mates send them on their way by covering it with c4 and then as it rains death the c4'r can get to an overwatch position over a flag and as they drop down you could blow it causing carnage.

although this would only work if you took off but can't see it being already in the air at the start... would it?

danniemcq wrote: »
    i guess you could go all out.

People spawn in AC10, team mates send them on their way by covering it with c4 and then as it rains death the c4'r can get to an overwatch position over a flag and as they drop down you could blow it causing carnage.

although this would only work if you took off but can't see it being already in the air at the start... would it?

I'm starting to get a funny feeling that the AC-130 could be well outside the playable zone and cannot be attacked even with jets. It would be just like DICE to add something incredible to the game and then make a complete hash of it.
    I suspect you can only spawn on it as it's already in the air :(

I think its gonna be a flag capture bonus of some sort.

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm starting to get a funny feeling that the AC-130 could be well outside the playable zone and cannot be attacked even with jets. It would be just like DICE to add something incredible to the game and then make a complete hash of it.
    I suspect you can only spawn on it as it's already in the air :(

it would have to be though as if it wasn't unless you had a dedicated AA then it woulda happily chew up anyone or anything on the ground. And even if there was a dedicated AA then your teammates would have to know to use it and how to use it.

Can see a high level spawn in it while the other side has some noob jump into it and refuse to leave.

As ktulu123 says though a flag capture could be interesting

not being able to shoot it down will suck though...:mad:
    I had visions of shooting it down while the pilot bailed out on the 4 suckers still inside shooting away at ground targets and wondering why they were starting to appear bigger :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

AC130 looks awesome. Gonna drop the ball if we can't pilot it.

bufdk.jpg
    tPmMO.jpg

7 flags too,

although that above screen seems to show only a gunner and no pilot...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

7 flags too,

That seems to show 2 gunner seats, the 105 and possibly the 25mm canon. No pilot it seems :/

Not flying it is a good thing in one regard. Dip****s, trolls and newbs can't crash it. Although I'd put up with that so long as I myself/someone decent got to pilot once in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

7 flags too,

I read that people think it will be out fly out of bounds and players will spawn into it as gunners – will probably only be countered by AA vehicles.

if it was only out of bounds it could be a massive game changer.

Like i said earlier if there are noobs in the ops AA then they would have free reign over the battlefield and i could see jets getting annoyed they can't lock on and then if they do make it open to jet attack then people will complain that they can't defend or fly where they want to get out of lock

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I can see it being like the airstrike from BF1943, team that controls a certain flag can enter a bunker and use it until its shot down or completes its pass of the map and is on a long respawn timer.
    From the picture it seems to be very far off so hopefully only effective against vehicles and spotted targets.

All this talk of biggest map in history and 60 vehicles makes me and my 360 sad though :(

All this talk of biggest map in history and 60 vehicles makes me and my 360 sad though :(

I hear you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ditto.
    i've been threatening for ages to build a modest pc that could play BF3 at 720p and medium settings on my telly. hmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Going to be crap on PS3, lets face it.

Am thinking Heavy Metal on BC2 (boring)

CQ = too small

A.K. = too big

<> why not something in between?

• Advertisement

You can never please some people!

Origin did a live chat a bit ago with one of the developers of armoured kill. Showed some new footage and answered community questions. Armoured kill looks class!!

Edit: Here's the link, I think it can be replayed: http://www.origin.com/battlefield3-chat?intcmp=EACom_bf3chat_latest_0612

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Origin did a live chat a bit ago with one of the developers of armoured kill. Showed some new footage and answered community questions. Armoured kill looks class!!

Edit: Here's the link, I think it can be replayed: http://www.origin.com/battlefield3-chat?intcmp=EACom_bf3chat_latest_0612

I couldn't get it working for me but I think I found it on YouTube. Is this it?

SO YOU CAN SHOOT DOWN THE AC-130! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

fcuk I have to get me a PC

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    I couldn't get it working for me but I think I found it on YouTube. Is this it?

Yup thats it

Scruff wrote: »
    ditto.
    i've been threatening for ages to build a modest pc that could play BF3 at 720p and medium settings on my telly. hmmm......

screw that man...go all out, high end pc and get 1600p on a 30" monitor :D
    Epic!!! :D

Failing that 1920x1200 should be the minimum to experience BF3...lots of cheap second hand cards out there that will run it comfortably at 60fps @ 1920x1200 at high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Blazer wrote: »
    screw that man...go all out, high end pc and get 1600p on a 30" monitor :D
    Epic!!! :D

Failing that 1920x1200 should be the minimum to experience BF3...lots of cheap second hand cards out there that will run it comfortably at 60fps @ 1920x1200 at high.

Playing on PC sucks though.

As a PS3 owner I will admit to A.K. will be crap so I will duly ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Im guessing consoles will still have a low player limit? Biggest BF map ever with 60 vehicles...40 of which left in the garage:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

mozattack wrote: »
    Playing on PC sucks though.

As a PS3 owner I will admit to A.K. will be crap so I will duly ignore it.

Playing games like battlefield on an out dated console sucks playing on PC is epic :p and consoles dont even come close to showing what bf3 is like on PC.:cool:

When they say biggest map ever and 60 vehicles they mean for use sucky PC players :eek:;)

Advertisement