Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revelations with Circle Pad Pro (pre-order!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Nintendo should give us all that silly looking circle pad if were gonna need it for the games we were promised.

I can't wait for MGS to come out but I'll have to buy this too. May as well get this. Any talk of the same bundle with MGS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

From all the reports i have read and heard the thing feels good in your hands, I'm not too bothered about it really, as I dont tend to play the bigger games on the go. Play the 3ds in my gaff mostly.

And as far as I know this thing will go for €20 on its own so there is a big saving in this, so no harm.

From all the reports i have read and heard the thing feels good in your hands, I'm not too bothered about it really, as I dont tend to play the bigger games on the go. Play the 3ds in my gaff mostly.

And as far as I know this thing will go for €20 on its own so there is a big saving in this, so no harm.

I hope so anyway. I'd be the same as you. Might get it for the pad. Don't really want the game. Might trade it in.

shizz wrote: »
    I hope so anyway. I'd be the same as you. Might get it for the pad. Don't really want the game. Might trade it in.

:eek: Really?! :p

Main reason for me getting the 3ds was for this new Res game, and others.

Well i'd give it a go but Im not a big res evil fan. Now Dino Crisis they should release that haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Use fatcheese.ie for a euro back too.

I pre-ordered this back when it was posted on hukd, dunno why it expired there as it's stayed the same price since it was noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

If anyone is getting RE:R get it from Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/10580591.html?awc=2549_1325799545_59faa91a8a853038402396a5695c56d2&affil=awin

Works out at €37.17 including post, as apposed to €45 in a bricks and mortar for just the game. I've ordered. :D
    ]

Cool, thanks. Do they deliver on release day? This is also one of the main reasons i got a 3ds.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. Do they deliver on release day? This is also one of the main reasons i got a 3ds.

My experience with zavvi is you'll get it the Monday or Tuesday after release, if it releases on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Just put in my order. Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

So if I want to play Resident Evil Revelations i'll have order from Zavvi or buy both the game and circle pad separately.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    So if I want to play Resident Evil Revelations i'll have order from Zavvi or buy both the game and circle pad separately.

Nope. You do not need to use the circle pad for any game at the moment, including res evil, it will just add more movment to the camera. But some games in the future might use it for more, like in Mario Sunshine 2(fingers crossed ;)) It will be like the classic controller on the Wii, some games use it, some dont. I really dont see what the big deal is tbh.

Its just a chance to get the game cheaper than anywhere else and get the circle pad for free with it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Nope. You do not need to use the circle pad for any game at the moment, including res evil, it will just add more movement to the camera. But some games in the future might use it for more, like in Mario Sunshine 2(fingers crossed ;)) It will be like the classic controller on the Wii, some games use it, some dont. I really dont see what the big deal is tbh.

Its just a chance to get the game cheaper than anywhere else and get the circle pad for free with it too.

Sorry for all the questions bu will the Circle Pad/Revelations bundle be availible in shops I don't have a credit card so I won't be able to buy off zavvi. I'm hoping its just a online exclusive for Zavvi.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Sorry for all the questions bu will the Circle Pad/Revelations bundle be availible in shops I don't have a credit card so I won't be able to buy off zavvi. I'm hoping its just a online exclusive for Zavvi.

No worries :)

No you wont be able to get this deal anywhere in europe as far as I know, deal struck with Nintendo/Capcom and Zavvi for this.

In shops here, Revelations will be between €40 and €50
    And the circle pad pro will cost (I think?) between €15 and €20, in the States the circle pad will cost $20, that was confirmed a few weeks back.

So on that note, I would recommend you find a friend with a credit card, give them the €37.17 and you'll save yourself a few quid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

3V card, or O2 money card or something like that. I use a 3V card works with Paypal so you'll have no problems getting the game.

The o2 card takes about 4 days in the post if you order one. Use the promo code PMOFFERFREE and it won't cost anything. :D (It's normally €5)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

You might be better off waiting for this before deciding on whether on not you want to preorder ...

The o2 card takes about 4 days in the post if you order one. Use the promo code PMOFFERFREE and it won't cost anything. :D (It's normally €5)

Damn, promo code is expired :(

Could have been handy to have one of them o2 cards.

• if i ordered it with express shipping would i get it before or on launch day?

if i ordered it with express shipping would i get it before or on launch day?

Probably, but I'm not sure they offer express shipping.

A possible guideline:
    They sent my pre-orders of MK7 and 3DLand the Tuesday before release, so there's plenty of speeding up to do in the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I ordered this, and as far as I can remember, I don't think there was an express shipping option...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shadee

just wondering if i order the product for £30, and it increase to £37 do i still just pay £30

shadee wrote: »
    just wondering if i order the product for £30, and it increase to £37 do i still just pay £30

I sure hope we still pay the £30, because it's £37.95 now. Hmm.

Section 11 of their Terms & Conditions say:
    We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.

We probably will have to pay the £37.95

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

You might be better off waiting for this before deciding on whether on not you want to preorder ...

Exactly what I'm doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

shadee wrote: »

I sure hope we still pay the £30, because it's £37.95 now. Hmm.

Section 11 of their Terms & Conditions say:
    We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.

We probably will have to pay the £37.95
    Don't they have a pre-order price guarantee?

Edit: they guarantee they'll give you the better price if it goes down. Doesn't say explicitly say what happens if it goesup...

Nintendo Gamer magazine has this rated at 90%. It would make it the joint 3rd best game on the system, losing out to MK7 and Zelda.

Joint ratings are with Super Mario 3D Land and Tales of the Abyss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shadee

Yh Man Just Pray it does not go down. Still buying it though (as long it does not go over £50 im fine with it)

Banjo wrote: »
    Don't they have a pre-order price guarantee?

Edit: they guarantee they'll give you the better price if it goes down. Doesn't say explicitly say what happens if it goesup...

Just checked my order there, still says €37.16 not €45 or whatever it is now. Dont think they can bump the price up as so many people here and in UK have put in orders at the time.

Still at €45 thats a good price compared to Irish shops prices without the circle pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Demo going up on the e-shop tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just got here, i did not realised it is coming out on 27th!

downloading demo now. its about time to dust of my 3ds! funny enough the only 3ds game i got is zelda! i was busy with ds games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay played demo.

i really hated re4 and re5, but this looks great. i will buy it.

controls work fine with just one thumb stick too!

Advertisement