Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

For what it's worth, Gilby Clarke is doubtful about a reunion happening

http://www.alternativenation.net/ex-guitarist-doubts-guns-n-roses-reunion-would-take-part/

Also saw these quotes from Steven last week. Why does he do these things?
    I'd say he's having a hard time staying sober and is already beginning the blame game for when he does fall off the wagon!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-roses-steven-adler-slash-and-duff-mckagan-dont-believe-i-am-21-months-sober/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The reunion rumours are back again. Duff's wife's best friend has said its happening in the next few days. I'd still be surprised if anything happens, mostly due to egos.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The reunion rumours are back again. Duff's wife's best friend has said its happening in the next few days. I'd still be surprised if anything happens, mostly due to egos.
    it sounds like something u would hear on a bar stool. Duffs Wifes Best Friend said it. would love it to happen but they would of been a download headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

PTH2009 wrote: »
    it sounds like something u would hear on a bar stool. Duffs Wifes Best Friend said it. would love it to happen but they would of been a download headliner

Saw the video somewhere. Duff's missus and her friend were sloshed after some party and were being harassed by paps on the street. Not the most convincing of evidence for a reunion.

EDIT: Found it.

http://loudwire.com/longtime-friend-duff-mckagan-wife-guns-n-roses-is-coming-back/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No they wouldn't, why would the biggest reunion for years play their first gigs at a festival where they get a flat fee, IF it did happen they'd play their own standalone stadium show (s) where they get ALL of the gate receipts.

Maybe a year or 2 down the line they'd play Download and other similar festivals

• Advertisement

Croke Park or slane hear I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    so no reunion then ??. will be some let down if the current Guns tour again

I would laugh if it was the current Guns that are gearing up to tour again & not the original line up :pac:

I would laugh if it was the current Guns that are gearing up to tour again & not the original line up :pac:
    more 20 min guitar solos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

The GNR social media pages are run by a total retard.

And said person is fuelling the ''rumours'' and getting everyone's hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

so no reunion then ??. will be some let down if the current Guns tour again

I think the current GnR would struggle to tour while lacking 2 guitarists!

Imagine a 3arena show with the original line up. Hope they don't do a Micheal Jackson and do a run of shows in London or somewhere (well the planned shows). Unless they have been rehearsing secretly they won't be touring til July at the earliest and mite not hit Europe till 2017.

What European festivals are they going to headline ???. Almost all the festivals have announced there headliners

What European festivals are they going to headline ???. Almost all the festivals have announced there headliners

I'm sure if festival promoters got news of a reunited Guns, they'd gladly accomodate them by jigging around the days schedule..

Was the slane show in 1992 a sort of end to Catholic Church dominated Ireland ??

I'd say a few older Irish people back then were unhappy with a load of drunks/drug addicts playing here.

Was only 2 years of age myself back then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Was the slane show in 1992 a sort of end to Catholic Church dominated Ireland ??

I'd say a few older Irish people back then were unhappy with a load of drunks/drug addicts playing here.

Was only 2 years of age myself back then

Drunks and drug addicts in Ireland. That must have come as a shock to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I was at the show I was 16 was about 3 deep back from the 2nd barrier on duff and gilbys side when they came on to nighttrain I was lifted of my feet and moved about 10 ft I lasted about 3 songs trying to stay on my feet with out getting trampled on then had to get out of there it was bedlam watched the rest of the show from the comfort of the hill
    I don't think their drug use and addictions were as widely known then to be honest as rock stars you expected a bit of it but until I read the books I didn't realise the extent of their addictions

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-guns-n-roses-reunion-wont-be-all-original-members/

would not be a bad lineup. I just want to see Axl and Slash on stage together again

• Advertisement

Not a bad lineup to be fair, Fortus for Izzy is understandable, wouldn't be too keen on Ferrer being behind the kit.

rumours seem to have died off in the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_gnr_reunion_will_be_officially_confirmed_next_week.html

they might not play ireland til 2017. Id say Leeds and Reading will be a uk/ireland exclusive for 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Think the air of nostalgia is making people forget that Axl just can't sing anymore. Not against the idea of the original line up coming back together for some shows, it'll sell out no matter where they play, but Axl's voice is shot these days.

Think the air of nostalgia is making people forget that Axl just can't sing anymore. Not against the idea of the original line up coming back together for some shows, it'll sell out no matter where they play, but Axl's voice is shot these days.

I do agree with ''the air of nostalgia'' but in regards ''Axl just can't sing anymore ''and Axl's voice is shot these days'' keep in mind, Axl hasn't been seen in well over a year, so who knows maybe when the current line up disintegrated earlier this year, he spent that time getting his **** together physically & vocally..

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking/hoping on my part..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I do agree with ''the air of nostalgia'' but in regards ''Axl just can't sing anymore ''and Axl's voice is shot these days'' keep in mind, Axl hasn't been seen in well over a year, so who knows maybe when the current line up disintegrated earlier this year, he spent that time getting his **** together physically & vocally..

I think it's wishful / delusional thinking on everyone's part.
    He's not that mid twentys straight of sunset blv angry rock star any more. And the style of singing raspy covering more octaves that Maria Carey boot to the headlight energy can't be good for the aul vocal cords surley done some permanent damage between 86' and 93' then trying to recreate it on last few tours would of knocked it for six altogether
    Would love to be proven wrong and he's achieved this amazing turnaround
    The thing about gnr is there isn't a doubt musically they'll sound record perfect but the sound was defined or crowned by Axls style of singin from 86-93 after that be it Scott weiland myles Kennedy or even present era Axl himself it just sounds like a cover band. A really good cover band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I'd like to think along those lines that maybe he has gotten his act together in that time, but I doubt it. He's hardly come across as the consummate professional these past few years. For the sake of the enormous price these tickets will inevitably cost, he'd want to get his act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When Axl runs around like a 25 year old, his voice is often crap. But that's the kind of showman he is. He feels like he has to be moving which in turn effects his voice. Last time they played here his voice was great (not late 80's/early 90's great but nobody can keep that standard 25 years later) because he was standing still and sulking rather than running around. If he could tone that down, his voice would improve instantly. I don't think he realises he is 54 soon and can't be running around like that anymore without it being a big negative to his performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,425 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd take this sounding axl no bother. this whole concert is on youtube and maybe it has something to do with duff being there but axl sounds great.

Advertisement