Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cobh have been going down hill for a while and will probably go down I'd say.
    Haven't heard about Egan being píssed off - he can concentrate on the county team now and hope his club team just had a blip of a year.
    Kilbrin have a back door route in Duhallow! So Egan will be busy with his club for a while yet.

Any idea when the draw for the next round of the hurling qualifiers is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Looks like ye will have to wait a little longer to win in killarney lads, one soft all ireland in twenty years dont count for much down in killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

liam7831 wrote: »
    Looks like ye will have to wait a little longer to win in killarney lads, one soft all ireland in twenty years dont count for much down in killarney.

I suppose you could say the same about your hurlers for the past 100 years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Disapointing to come away empty handed from Killarney but it's a road we've been down before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I see we got Galway in the hurling - I expect that will be a battle of the full forward lines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The amount of fundamental errors that were evident today was frustrating to say the least - both on the field and on the bench. If we are to stand any chance of seeing Croke park in September these need to be addressed asap. Forget any of the 2nd half. Counihan needs to focus on how they managed to be destroyed for 35 minutes of the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

liam7831 wrote: »

No need for that. That "Soft"All Ireland consisted of us beating DOWN a team that Kerry have never beaten in Championship. So grow up. If a few things had gone right for Cork today a different result may have happened

SeaFields wrote: »
    The amount of fundamental errors that were evident today was frustrating to say the least - both on the field and on the bench. If we are to stand any chance of seeing Croke park in September these need to be addressed asap. Forget any of the 2nd half. Counihan needs to focus on how they managed to be destroyed for 35 minutes of the first half.

Could not agree more.

I think though this might be the kick up the backside they need. The extra game should help although few teams will put it to us, but nobody will want to draw us either.

I still think Colm O Neill is major loss to Cork this year. This was year I think he would push on from the talent he has..

If the management learn from the awful mistakes then I rather suffer today for the long term gain.

O'Neill is a big loss but unfortunately it sounds like Sheehan might have done his ligaments in - he said he heard a snap, not a good sign. We picked up quite a few injuries today that hopefully won't be too bad and that they will be fine for the next day.

O'Neill is a big loss but unfortunately it sounds like Sheehan might have done his ligaments in - he said he heard a snap, not a good sign. We picked up quite a few injuries today that hopefully won't be too bad and that they will be fine for the next day.

Ya Jesus Sheehan gone too and we really will have been hit bad, I just hope not as bad as looks *prays*.

Kerrigan I taught played blinder and was also the reason I felt Cork did not push on to get equaliser when he had go off. Croke Park will suit him too

• Advertisement

Looks like Sheehan is out for the reat of the season. Coupled with Colm O'Neill it is a real blow for the forward line. Gould is at least a very good option and will start the next day. Nicholas Murphy should be back aswell. Cadogan will surely start aswell. Cork could benefit from the back door as long as they don't get Very Tough draws consecutively - a distinct possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Looks like Sheehan is out for the reat of the season. Coupled with Colm O'Neill it is a real blow for the forward line. Gould is at least a very good option and will start the next day. Nicholas Murphy should be back aswell. Cadogan will surely start aswell.

The strength of our squad is really going to have to come into play now. Losing two of our best forwards to the same injury is something you couldn't make up really. Nick Murphy prob would have been worth a point or two on Sunday, solely based on his ability to clean up in midfield. It'll be good to see him back. Gould is handy and Denis O Sullivan really showed his vying for a place after some of his recent performances. Paul Kerrigan was red hot on sunday once we got going. Hopefully his injury isn't serious or proves to be recurrent.
    Cork could benefit from the back door as long as they don't get Very Tough draws consecutively - a distinct possibility.

I dunno about avoiding the big teams in the qualifiers. Fcukit like. If you want to win sam you cant avoid anyone. We don't need a handy draw - we need good tough matches that come on to the wire and where our recent ability to see out tough games comes to the fore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The strength of our squad is really going to have to come into play now. Losing two of our best forwards to the same injury is something you couldn't make up really. Nick Murphy prob would have been worth a point or two on Sunday, solely based on his ability to clean up in midfield. It'll be good to see him back. Gould is handy and Denis O Sullivan really showed his vying for a place after some of his recent performances. Paul Kerrigan was red hot on sunday once we got going. Hopefully his injury isn't serious or proves to be recurrent.

I dunno about avoiding the big teams in the qualifiers. Fcukit like. If you want to win sam you cant avoid anyone. We don't need a handy draw - we need good tough matches that come on to the wire and where our recent ability to see out tough games comes to the fore.

Avoiding Kerry a 2nd time round worked out very well in 2010 though ;)

I'm not sure about that. This team could get caught if they have to go to the well for every game from now on !!
    I would much prefer a handy enough match next, make no mistake about it. We will not be able to play tough games from now till the final and win. I really don't think any team can play to their best all the way through the summer, chances are you'll get caught somewhere down the line.

I saw a team got a walkover in the senior hurling league last week as Bishopstown were scr ( I presume scratched) - what's the news there? Did I miss some news on them? Or was it a misprint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

sorry to hear about sheahan himself and o neill always struck as capable of getting a couple points at crucial times and very cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

I wouldnt be so certain that Fintan Goold will automatically replace the unfortunate Ciaran Sheehan in the half forward line. Fiachra Lynch may well see some action in this jersey too.

slingerz wrote: »
    I wouldnt be so certain that Fintan Goold will automatically replace the unfortunate Ciaran Sheehan in the half forward line. Fiachra Lynch may well see some action in this jersey too.

True, but more often than not Fintan comes on first, either way a bit of pressure on the starting 6 forwards is no harm at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Well done to Cork junior footballers who captured their 28th Munster title tonight when they defeated Kerry 0-10 to 1-5 in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Well done to Cork junior footballers who captured their 28th Munster title tonight when they defeated Kerry 0-10 to 1-5 in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

well done to all involved...bring home the AI

• Advertisement

Always good to see!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dmc81

Well,

Is the Galway v Cork hurling qualifier at the Gaelic Grounds not being televised live on Saturday?? Scandalous...:mad:

dmc81 wrote: »
    Well,

Is the Galway v Cork hurling qualifier at the Gaelic Grounds not being televised live on Saturday?? Scandalous...:mad:

You would have thought it would be but such is life. Couldn't watch it anyway as I'm going on hols - back to getting text updates from the bro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 alanbh

first game im going to miss for years. cant believe its not on tv, rte are a joke :(.

Do you think we will beat Galway??

I personally am not too confident. If both teams play to potential I think Galway will win. I hope im wrong. Galway are very hard to predict but they have players that can win games..

I'm fairly optimistic that we will beat Galway. Our defence is fairly good, always has been while our full forwards are dangerous if given the right ball. I don't expect more than a few points in it at the final whistle but I think we will be on the right side of a narrow victory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Lapin wrote: »

Just googled it and apparently alot of the reviews were originally by the company themselves. The word scam is thrown around alot on other sites, so beware. They apparently draw in all the 'free' streams from around the world and package them together. But they do have pros - a tenner gets you a year of their top package apparently.

Do you think we will beat Galway??

I personally am not too confident. If both teams play to potential I think Galway will win. I hope im wrong. Galway are very hard to predict but they have players that can win games..

You have to go with tradition. Galway always struggle to beat Cork and this game will be no different.

• Advertisement

I'm fairly optimistic that we will beat Galway. Our defence is fairly good, always has been while our full forwards are dangerous if given the right ball. I don't expect more than a few points in it at the final whistle but I think we will be on the right side of a narrow victory.

Shamo I'm with you on this. I'm confident If Cork turn up they will beat Galway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement