Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound of breaking glass.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kazia

something like this happened to me around 4:00 this morning i was laying in bed with my man. we were wide awake and suddenly here a loud sound; first i thought someone had shot at us. i quickly got up to check on my kids who were asleep on the couch. they were fine; we checked all the windows and checked outside,there was no one there. then we thought it might had been a lightbulb breaking, we checked it out,no light bulbs were broke,we also checked all of the electrical outlets,nothing. we searched hours trying to find something that had broken.this all occured in our livingroom just a couple of feet away from where we were laying.we can not find anything.i cant believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

This happened to me a few weeks back. I sitting in the kitchen on the laptop, only one in the house, no radio/ t.v on. Heard a massive crash coming from the sitting room next door. sounded like someone had smashed the window or something. I ran in to investigate and nothing was out of place. I went all over the house looking for the cause but there was nothing! Lots of stange stuff has happened in my house and I still get freaked out every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

could be a ghost screwing with ya... don't let it scare you tho as this will only further the activity...if anything happens again ask the spirit to leave and this should sort it out...and if all else fails call the ghostbusters

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amjl

I had this happen to my family three times now, the first time I was alone and didn't want to tell anybody. The second time, my husband & I were napping with our newborn. Our two younger children were playing quietly in their bedrooms and we all heard it loud and clear as if it was in the next room but there was nothing. And the third time was just today, I woke up from my nap to the sound of glass shattering but found nothing. I have no idea what it is but it is creepy as hell. I know it's not coming from outside, the sound is just so clear and loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 minnesota girl

YES, very loud noise/ TOO LOUD! sound of china plates breaking, no dishes were broken. I was in the kitchen about to open the cupboard and my father was in the basement and heard the noise, he came running up the stairs and asked what had happened, I thought he was going to have a heart attack. I was frozen in place, had not open the cupboard. I repeat no dishes or anything else was broken. i said to him in a quiet voice that I did not know what happen. We never talked about this later, not ever. It happen at about midnight, I was in my late teens and am only now trying to find an answer and telling a few trusted people. I am sure my father told my mother about this. But I have never talked to them about what happened that night and they have never brought it up to me. It was the most frightening thing i have ever experienced. this is a real thing, please continue you search for answers, there is more info out there on the net. You may have to decide for-self after gathering more resources - as i am now, searching for this answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

This happens to me quite a lot. I was always wondering about it and someone told me it could be 'Exploding Head Syndrome' I've looked it up and while it is similar, its not exactly the same. I just wish I knew what it was before himself is driven mad searching for broken glass for me!

Little Muppet, please provide more info, time of day or night. were you sleeping, starting to fall asleep or napping, had you just awaken? Were you wide awake? what exactly happened, time, where were you, what were you doing and what were you thinking about right before? where was the noise and what did it sound like. Did anyone else hear it? What did you mean by himself is driven mad, is this a typo. Who is himself? What is interesting here is that I recently found the exploding head syndrome and I do have it- glad to know I am not alone. I do not know if you have it. BUT my experience of hearing the breaking/ crashing of china plates back in the late 1970"s, Which my father also heard and came running to see what had happened, and we were on different floors of the house at the time, is separate from exploding head syndrome. I was right next to the noise, the sound. Have you had any other unusual experiences, out of body experience, near death experience, some how knowing things that other don't (physic like), electronics's failures, battery issues or watch battery issues, stress or anxiety, clairvoyance in dreams... I am searching for myself to find an answer to my experience and these questions may or may not matter. Detail in your experience would help all of us who are searching for an answer. Thanks and take care

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

Little Muppet, please provide more info, time of day or night. were you sleeping, starting to fall asleep or napping, had you just awaken? Were you wide awake? what exactly happened, time, where were you, what were you doing and what were you thinking about right before? where was the noise and what did it sound like. Did anyone else hear it? What did you mean by himself is driven mad, is this a typo. Who is himself? What is interesting here is that I recently found the exploding head syndrome and I do have it- glad to know I am not alone. I do not know if you have it. BUT my experience of hearing the breaking/ crashing of china plates back in the late 1970"s, Which my father also heard and came running to see what had happened, and we were on different floors of the house at the time, is separate from exploding head syndrome. I was right next to the noise, the sound. Have you had any other unusual experiences, out of body experience, near death experience, some how knowing things that other don't (physic like), electronics's failures, battery issues or watch battery issues, stress or anxiety, clairvoyance in dreams... I am searching for myself to find an answer to my experience and these questions may or may not matter. Detail in your experience would help all of us who are searching for an answer. Thanks and take care

Hi there. I've just seen your PM and this post now.

Firstly - himself is not a typo, "himself" is my husband who I woke to make him go look and see where the noise of breaking glass was coming from :-)

I'll try and answer your questions as best as I possibly can. Its only ever happened to me twice, when I was sleeping and a few times when I was dozing on the sofa.I woke to the sound of breaking glass which I thought came from outside. I was sleeping normally. The 2nd time it happened it was exactly the same.

I've never had any of the other experiences that you asked me about, except for the watch battery thing. I could never and still can't wear a watch cos every time I do the battery stops. But that's about it.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

please contact, same experience, sound of breaking china- super loud, no plates were broken Cannot find an answer. TRYING to find answer. Was heard by second person that was on a another level of the house at the time of the sound. Thought he was going to have a heart attack it was so loud!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Filithom

Could some one have been messing around with the paranormal? The sound of broken glass, where there is no clear reason for it, (allegedly) it is when a portal to allow spirits to enter your home has been opened. Maybe get sage and do a clearing for peace of mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement