Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lookforlonger.ie club names game

Options
  • 20-08-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Anyone else playing this? I'm stuck on a few and could do with some help. If anyone could help me with these I would be very grateful, if anyone wants to know any other ones I might know them. I've had some problems with clubs not going in but today they started working.

5 left for me:
    Leinster:
    1.Picture with a clown and a fountain, clanna gael fontenoy I thought but that doesn't seem to be it. Clan na gael fontenoys
    2. Right beside that there is a picture of a ship, I have no idea what this could be. Man O War

Connacht:
    1. Picture of a castle with the sun shining down on it. Castlerea st Kevins was my guess but again doesn't seem right.
    Castlereagh

Ulster:
    1. Two identical girls with the word Anna tied around her neck, has to be Annaclone but this won't work. Annaghclone
    2. Just below it picture of a few mountains with a goal post in the middle and 2 lines going over the bar as though it is the flight of a ball. Poyntzpass

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Castlereagh is the connacht one.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

bruschi wrote: »
    Castlereagh is the connacht one.

Thanks a million, I was on the right rack at least. Do you know any of the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

sonnky wrote: »
    Thanks a million, I was on the right rack at least. Do you know any of the others?

Your right about clan as well. Maybe you're spelling it wrong. Clan na Gael Fontenoy instead of clanna gael, or whatever?

Your right about clan as well. Maybe you're spelling it wrong. Clan na Gael Fontenoy instead of clanna gael, or whatever?

Ya I've tried a good few different spellings but no success, the 2 girls was Annaghclone with gh at the end.

Anyone else playing this? I'm stuck on a few and could do with some help. If anyone could help me with these I would be very grateful, if anyone wants to know any other ones I might know them. I've had some problems with clubs not going in but today they started working.

5 left for me:
    Leinster:
    1.Picture with a clown and a fountain, clanna gael fontenoy I thought but that doesn't seem to be it.
    2. Right beside that there is a picture of a ship, I have no idea what this could be.

Connacht:
    1. Picture of a castle with the sun shining down on it. Castlerea st Kevins was my guess but again doesn't seem right.
    Castlereagh

Ulster:
    1. Two identical girls with the word Anna tied around her neck, has to be Annaclone but this won't work. Annaghclone
    2. Just below it picture of a few mountains with a goal post in the middle and 2 lines going over the bar as though it is the flight of a ball.

Figured out the last Ulster one. Anyone able to enlighten me on the spelling of Clanna Gael Fontenoy or the other Leinster club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

Figured out the last Ulster one. Anyone able to enlighten me on the spelling of Clanna Gael Fontenoy or the other Leinster club?

I think I entered it as Clan na Gael Fontenoys and it worked.

paul0103 wrote: »
    I think I entered it as Clan na Gael Fontenoys and it worked.

Yes thanks a million man, have it finished now. Thanks to all the people on here for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Improving at this, hard to know what province some are in.

Surely the one with the drum is
    Drom-inch
    but how do you spell it?

Improving at this, hard to know what province some are in.

Surely the one with the drum is
    Drom-inch
    but how do you spell it?

Ya that's right, Drum and Inch I think was how I spelt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ya that's right, Drum and Inch I think was how I spelt it.

Kind of undermined the spoiler thing a little there...

• Advertisement

Just had a look at the terms, does this end Sunday or Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Thanks sonnky, I'd about half of them done and left it in frustration but in the words of Michael Corleone "just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in"!!!! I was stuck with the spellings of most of the ones you mention too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Does it not work for anyone else? The navigation buttons do nothing for me and I see no option to take a guess at any stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Helimachopter

Stuck on a couple myself. Anyone help with the two below?
    Leinster:
    The little row boat with what appears to be a random leg out the side of it.

Munster:
    The 5, what appear to be, bottles with an oar.

Thanks.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Does it not work for anyone else? The navigation buttons do nothing for me and I see no option to take a guess at any stage :(

You need to use your mouse to drag the map (click and hold while dragging the mouse), more up and down than side to side. If you don't have a wheel on your mouse the zoom buttons on the navigation bar seem to work fine.
    To make a guess, simply hover over the picture you want to make an answer on and click on it. The answer needs to be exactly what they want, close isn't good enough, so there's a bit of trial and error with some of them until you get the spelling they're looking for.
    All pictures are group by province so that narrows down roughly where the club is from.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pluszap

Stuck on a couple myself. Anyone help with the two below?
    Leinster:
    The little row boat with what appears to be a random leg out the side of it.

Munster:
    The 5, what appear to be, bottles with an oar.

Thanks.

Shinrone leinster portroe munster
    Any ansters to church in munster , bird with sign around head I connaught or leinster , cross in ulsterthanks

pluszap wrote: »
    Any ansters to church in munster , bird with sign around head I connaught or leinster , cross in ulsterthanks
    Churchill
    in Munster

pluszap wrote: »

Thanks very much, that has me sorted now. To return the favour, the church in Munster is Churchill. The bird with the halo is St Peregrines (a club in Dublin) and last, the cross is St Brigids. Can't remember if the last one has an 's' or not, you'll just have to try both combinations.
    Thanks again and hope you get sorted yourself.

Thanks very much, that has me sorted now. To return the favour, the church in Munster is Churchill. The bird with the halo is St Peregrines (a club in Dublin) and last, the cross is St Brigids. Can't remember if the last one has an 's' or not, you'll just have to try both combinations.

Sorted now thanks a million

Sorted now thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 oky

Has anyone any ideas on the following two please:

Ulster - the rock at the very top
    Connacht - iceberg

Cheers for any help!

oky wrote: »
    Has anyone any ideas on the following two please:

Ulster - the rock at the very top
    Connacht - iceberg

Cheers for any help!

Ulster- Longstone
    Connacht- Louisburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oky

Ulster- Longstone
    Connacht- Louisburgh

Thanks very much for that, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 L180

Doing lookforlonger gaa clubs .Stuck on Ballybacon in munster and key d wires in ulster any clues driving us nuts

L180 wrote: »
    Doing lookforlonger gaa clubs .Stuck on Ballybacon in munster and key d wires in ulster any clues driving us nuts

I think it was written down as grange ballybacon keady michael dwyers in ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The ship dwn in North Waterford is ferry bank gaa I think

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The ship dwn in North Waterford is ferry bank gaa I think

It is man of war or man-o-war

• Registered Users Posts: 2 L180

Thanks for that have it done.Ship in lenister is Man of war

L180 wrote: »

Ballybacon Grange & Keady Michael Dwyers

• Advertisement
Advertisement