Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tips on dealing with sore throat? Gig saturday!

Options
  • 10-01-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

I've a gig on Saturday and a raging inflamed sore throat - any tips out there on how I can treat it (even to get me through Saturday)?

L4TW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

No cold drinks, ever.
    Hot water, honey & lemon....it's an outside chance but stick to hot drinks only.
    No alcohol.
    Try not to worry about it too much & end up playing mind tricks on yourself either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Buy 'crystallised ginger' in the health food shop. Absolutely brilliant for throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Live4TheWeekend

Matt, Wurly, thanks for the responses.

Matt - lemon and honey bought, will give that a lash tonight :)

Wurly - what do I do with the crystallised ginger :confused: (be polite now ;)) - will try that tomorrow.

Feel too crap to drink, so alcohol isn't a problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Good luck with the gig, post back and tell us how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Live4TheWeekend

Gig went great, was a new venue for the band, so we had to be on top of our game.
    Honey / Lemon worked (2 table spoons honey, 2 spoons lemon juice, one spoon sugar in glass of hot water, in case anyone else needs this...).
    Crystallised ginger was a revelation, had a couple of these during the gig, really helped.
    Voice held up until encore, which fortunately I didn't sing.

Thank for all the help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Gig went great, was a new venue for the band, so we had to be on top of our game.
    Honey / Lemon worked (2 table spoons honey, 2 spoons lemon juice, one spoon sugar in glass of hot water, in case anyone else needs this...).
    Crystallised ginger was a revelation, had a couple of these during the gig, really helped.
    Voice held up until encore, which fortunately I didn't sing.

Thank for all the help!

Sorry for the late reply... I was away for the weekend..:(

Delighted the ginger worked wonders. Isn't it amazing?

For everyone else - they are lumps of ginger that you get in the health food shop. Just chew away on a lump and it does wonders for your voice. Be warned - they are strong initially and you may want to spit it out.:)

Advertisement