Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worklog: Black Beauty

• 18-06-2009 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

Thought this forum was a little too quiet :p

So my computer building career took a nasty hit at the end of last year. I was working on a build when it all went wrong for me. The GPU went due to a leak and then the motherboard, a 780i, went as well meaning I had to take it all apart. Since then I've just been using a temporary setup but now that the summers here (still waiting for the good weather rolleyes.gif) I've decided to try and get the build finished. Now its nothing compared to some of the builds on here but I decided to do a worklog for anyone that might be interested.

Hardware:
    Intel Q6600
    ASUS Rampage Formula X48
    EVGA Geforce GTX260
    Samsung F1 500GB
    Lite-On DVDRW
    TT 750W Modular
    Crucial Tracer 2GB PC2-8500

Cooling:
    D-Tek Fuzion V2 (Great block, has never let me down in my past 2 builds)
    EK 100 Res
    Laing DDC-1T
    XSPC RS360

I'll be using a Coolermaster HAF932 which will be powdercoated black internally by the guys at chiledpc.co.uk .

Anyways, its not anything special but I'm looking forward to getting to work on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm also looking for a full cover waterblock for my GTX260 if anyone has one for sale, I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 to6ko91

how much would the powder coating run you for the 932 (+ shipment) ??:rolleyes:
    P.S. Paint it in red and black ... it looks way better :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

to6ko91 wrote: »
    how much would the powder coating run you for the 932 (+ shipment) ??:rolleyes:
    P.S. Paint it in red and black ... it looks way better :cool:
    The powder coating would be near the £100 mark but I'm going to go ahead with it, I'll just leave the case the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 to6ko91

£100 :eek:
    thats quite expensive .... why dont you do it yourself it would cost nearly half of that and you would be proud modder :p
    P.s. there is a nice guide on youtube how to disassemble the HAF

and also if you look at the the person channel for more info on how to paint and pop rivets and stuff you might need ;)

Advertisement