Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Moodle Colours

• 14-09-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find the new Moodle colour scheme difficult to read and nauseating? After about 5 mins on moodle today my eyes hurt and I felt like getting sick (yest I've had my eyes tested and they are fine). The new colours are dark orange writing on a light orange background in case anyone doesn't know. I emailed them about it and they said they might change it if more people complain about it. I was thinking I should start a petition to change it because I cant survive this for the year, anyone else agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I don't like it either, but I spend as little time on Moodle as humanly possible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Had a look there, Don't find it too difficult myself though I may change my mind on that. I haven't actually seen how the modules are set out.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I'm not a fan, but I'm not gonna let it annoy me. I've a lot more things to complain about! The one thing I do not like though is how big the font is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan, but I'm not gonna let it annoy me. I've a lot more things to complain about! The one thing I do not like though is how big the font is.

It's the same as last year though isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

GarIT wrote: »
    It's the same as last year though isn't it?

I don't think so? Maybe it is? This year it just seems to in-your-face. It might be just be :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Jesus, I forgot moodle existed. Does there still be mad arguments on it?

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I don't think so? Maybe it is? This year it just seems to in-your-face. It might be just be :pac:

From looking at both it seems like they are both the same other than the colour scheme. The apparent in your face ness is probably brought on by the colour. Apparently it should take no more than 5 mins for the IT guys to change the colour scheme if they are given enough reason to do so.

Seren_ wrote: »

Not that I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

I actually like it, sorry :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

GarIT wrote: »
    dark orange writing on a light orange background

How-i-met-your-mother-barney-why.gif

• Advertisement

How-i-met-your-mother-barney-why.gif

Someone in the IT dept. must have agreed with Karmaa and liked it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Seren_ wrote: »

Hahah yes!! With regards first English/Soc and Psychology anyway. Lots of fraping and sharp comments were made this year! Always good for a read/chuckle around exams to take the stress out of it!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hahah yes!! With regards first English/Soc and Psychology anyway. Lots of fraping and sharp comments were made this year! Always good for a read/chuckle around exams to take the stress out of it!!

A word of warning:

DO NOT MOODLE FRAPE!

It can have pretty serious consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

A word of warning:

DO NOT MOODLE FRAPE!

It can have pretty serious consequences

I didn't and wouldn't! Was others in the class keep the fraping for FB ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cloudhosting14

Its upon Script for moodle to change the colour theme , today my eyes hurt and I felt like getting sick (yest I've had my eyes tested and they are fine).

Advertisement