Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blu Ray discs skipping

Options
  • 10-03-2015 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Do BluRays have more of a tendency to skip then DVDs/CDs ?
    I think they do for the fact that they have a lot more data on them.
    I have a Panasonic DMP BD80 since 2009 and its excellent.

Most BDs play perfectly but occasionaly I get one that will skip at
    a particular scene (so its a disc issue) - yet the disc looks perfectly clean,
    no scratch or smudge - at least that I can see.

Doesn't bother me too much for films, cos I'll watch the film soon after purchase
    so if any problem i can replace it.
    But for series, that's another issue, I'm re watching Breaking Bad on BD, but bought it
    over a year ago - and discovered one scene (3 min) on one episode wont play - but the disc looks fine.

Puts me off buying other series on BD.

Do newer players deal with it better ? or would a firmware upgrade perhaps help ?

Not a major issue since im gravitating toward streaming services more and more now.

Still the odd series/film I love the BD physical copy.

Cheers

Advertisement