Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2nd provisional license question

• 21-04-2008 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I have to renew my provisional license.

I had my first one in Dublin but I havent driven for a year and a half.

How do i renew my license and do i have to apply for my test before i do this?

cheers for your help guys

Kitten

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Hi, if you have a look at www.citizensinformation.ie, its all there. Just go into Departments and then Motor Tax Offices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

thanks Big,

But i cant seem to find it...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Here you go :)

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/motoring-1/driver-licensing

I don't know how you could go without driving for a year and a half, i could never do without a car now I am used to having one!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

How do i renew my license and do i have to apply for my test before i do this?
    You may apply for a 2nd Learner Permit without having to have done a test.

Complete form D201 (available from you local MTO) enclosing 2 pics, your 1st licence and fee and post to your local MTO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

thanks a mill lads! :)

I had an accident in work a year and a half ago and wasnt allowed to drive! but now that im living in Galway, i want to get back on the road!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You may apply for a 2nd Learner Permit without having to have done a test.

Complete form D201 (available from you local MTO) enclosing 2 pics, your 1st licence and fee and post to your local MTO.

Hi,

While your license is in the post, are you not allowed to drive as you won't have a license on your person?

My 1st prov. expires on Monday and I need to drive on Tuesday. I can't go to office myself. Can my boyfriend go to the office with my license and photos and money on Monday and renew it for me?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pythia wrote: »
    Hi,

While your license is in the post, are you not allowed to drive as you won't have a license on your person?

My 1st prov. expires on Monday and I need to drive on Tuesday. I can't go to office myself. Can my boyfriend go to the office with my license and photos and money on Monday and renew it for me?

I believe you will be given a receipt if you go to the motor tax office which can count as a license while the other is in the post, i know that's the case with your full license application anyway.
    I'm not too sure about whether or not you have to personally apply though, maybe wishbone ash will be able to answer that one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pythia wrote: »
    Can my boyfriend go to the office with my license and photos and money on Monday and renew it for me?
    I'm 99% sure he may (assuming everything is in order).

Advertisement