Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Franklin & Bash [TNT - Spoilers]

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Me neither but I'll take it as it will last longer now :pac:

Possibly didn't wanna have two lawyer buddy shows on the air at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭squonk

Looking forward to it! Always liked F&B as my Summer Lawyer show! I kind of missed it this year.

Only yesterday I was in town and looking at series one on DVD and wondering when the hell it was going to return. Quite a nice surprise to get home and find out that it was returning next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

My bad - I was looking at the wrong date, it is actually back the Wednesday after next, 20 August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

According to my calendar it is the 13th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

miralize wrote: »

Mine too...

miralize wrote: »

It was on mine too but then it changed.

It was on mine too but then it changed.

TNT website is still saying 13th?
    http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/franklin-bash.html

• Registered Users Posts: 84,943 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

E4 has dropped it but Sony UK has picked it starting 28th of August at 10pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    E4 has dropped it but Sony UK has picked it starting 28th of August at 10pm

That's season 3 starting in UK

Really enjoying the latest series, it's more of the same and doesn't deviate too much from the formula but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's the perfect thing to throw on late in the evening with a sandwich and a cup of tea. It's disposable, easy to watch and is just damn good fun.

Well that snuck up quickly, didn't realise that last weeks episode was the series finale and what a damn shame that is. Franklin & Bash may not be the most cutting edge or original show on but it may well be one of the most enjoyable. There's a certain joy to be taken in a show with two leads this likeable, their bromance is infectious and it's hard not to sit with a huge smile on your face each week. The stories may be a little familiar and the outcome is generally obvious but there's a lot of fun to be had on the way and I could happily sit through 22 episodes a year. The show started as a summer show and was a great distraction for the long sunny days and the decision to change it to an Autumn show was a little odd but it really paid off. Franklin & Bash is perfect for those long evenings, the odd offbeat charm makes the dark a little easier to take. Really hope that the show is picked up for a fifth series.

I have been a cheerleader for this show up until now. I thought this season was very poor; the show has lost a lot of its charm and wit. F&B have kind of turned into douchebags and the quality has declined significantly. I haven't looked at the ratings, but I'm not sure I'd bet that this survives into next season... and strangely, I'm not too bothered after this season.

I agree. I thought this season was sub par really. It's not the show it once was. Pindi used to annoy the heck out of me but in retrospect I had come to like him and he was a loss to the show. The replacement seems kind of bland. F&B themselves just seem like kind of idiots now whereas they used to come across as light hearted fun loving lawyers. Maybe it's a case of familiarity breeds contempt but I'm not so sure. The beach surfing thing got a bit annoying after a while.

It looks like they're going for a reset next season. For me if Stanton leaves the show then it's a huge loss. McDowell is hugely likeable. Mind you perhaps the writers have realized they've mined as much as they can from the current setup. I'm kind of not expecting it to return though. I'll watch if it does come back but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

Well in a not unexpected move, Franklin and Bash is canceled according to deadline.

In hindsight it should have gone end of the 2013 season really. They'd have gone out on a high. Thinking back I didn't really enjoy the last season at all.

Advertisement