Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phonewatch Concord 60-840-43 engineer code

• 17-10-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I finished with Phonewatch monitoring a couple of years back and now want to set up the alarm to call my mobile phone in the event of an alarm activation. Third party monitoring doesn't suit me as I don't have family close by and I'm not giving house keys to strangers.

They refuse to give me the engineer code even though I have my EA number and my password. Is there any way I can retrieve the engineer code.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

I finished with Phonewatch monitoring a couple of years back and now want to set up the alarm to call my mobile phone in the event of an alarm activation. Third party monitoring doesn't suit me as I don't have family close by and I'm not giving house keys to strangers.

They refuse to give me the engineer code even though I have my EA number and my password. Is there any way I can retrieve the engineer code.

Sent you a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

Got the PM re the engineering code. Also got the service/installation. Once again a big thank you. Into the service menus and managed to delete the PW monitoring phone number and managed to set the domestic dialler to call my mobile number. Mission accomplished.

I do remember with the original PW MCU panel they installed what looks like an x10 wall light switch which could be operated by the MCU touchpad or the remote. Can't say for certain if it worked on the CONCORD panel. It's a rocker switch and when I remove the plastic cover it exposes two tiny plastic screws, one red on the left and one black on the right. They are adjustable but I can't make out the settings. The question I have is, would my Concord MCU support x10 switch. The MCU is set as House Code 1B but when I press Lights on the panel or the remote all it tells me is "light on" with no option to turn it off.

Got the PM re the engineering code. Also got the service/installation. Once again a big thank you. Into the service menus and managed to delete the PW monitoring phone number and managed to set the domestic dialler to call my mobile number. Mission accomplished.

I do remember with the original PW MCU panel they installed what looks like an x10 wall light switch which could be operated by the MCU touchpad or the remote. Can't say for certain if it worked on the CONCORD panel. It's a rocker switch and when I remove the plastic cover it exposes two tiny plastic screws, one red on the left and one black on the right. They are adjustable but I can't make out the settings. The question I have is, would my Concord MCU support x10 switch. The MCU is set as House Code 1B but when I press Lights on the panel or the remote all it tells me is "light on" with no option to turn it off.

The system does support X-10. Its a light module I would say you have. If you plug it in and go to the control panel press 01. This should turn the module on. Doing this again should turn it off. They can be set up to turn on at certain times in the schedules menu, also to turn on for an trigger of the alarm.

No it's a wall mounted light switch. I've tried cycling the lights on/off using the lights option on the remote and the MCU but all it does is tell me is "lights on". I know in the past that I had to leave the light switch in the "on" position and let the system do the switching but this is not working on the Concord.

No it's a wall mounted light switch. I've tried cycling the lights on/off using the lights option on the remote and the MCU but all it does is tell me is "lights on". I know in the past that I had to leave the light switch in the "on" position and let the system do the switching but this is not working on the Concord.

May be an issue with the switch or another electrical device on the same circuit causing the issue.

• Advertisement

No other equipment in use that might grab that frequency. The switch was installed with the original Nynex panel and at the moment will switch on/off manually. When I pop the tiny fuse at the base of the switch nothing happens so I assume that proves the switch is functioning. Is it possible that this switch operates at a different frequency and that's the reason why the Concord won't recognise it.

No other equipment in use that might grab that frequency. The switch was installed with the original Nynex panel and at the moment will switch on/off manually. When I pop the tiny fuse at the base of the switch nothing happens so I assume that proves the switch is functioning. Is it possible that this switch operates at a different frequency and that's the reason why the Concord won't recognise it.

The Concord system will work with the X-10 device. I would suspect a fault with the switch if it was working and no other electrical equipment is causing the problem.

Not an easy item to test off line.

I assume if I got a new x 10 switch and replaced the old one and set it as 01 B the same as the House Code on the Concord it should work straight away.

PW never installed a smoke alarm on the Concord so could I buy a wireless one off the shelf and easily install it.

My final question is does the Euro Concord support the Superbus 2000 RS232 interface. I know the manufacturers say minimum Ver 2.5 software. I checked the Ver on the Concord and it reports 2012220. This unit opens up a lot of possibilities on the Concord if it does.

Just doing a further bit of research on the X10 situation and they state that you need a Power Line Carrier Transformer in order to control the X10 function on the Concord. I can see an example of the Power Line Carrier Card but cannot see the transformer. As I said previously, I know the X10 switch was working with the old Nynex panel but can't say for certain it was working with the Concord panel.

Adjacent to the main panel there's another smaller beige plastic box with two thin antennae and a small red LED. I'm assuming this is some sort of wireless bridge that's receiving signals from the original alarm sensors and sending them to the Concord panel. Does this sound right ?

• Advertisement

Not an easy item to test off line.

I assume if I got a new x 10 switch and replaced the old one and set it as 01 B the same as the House Code on the Concord it should work straight away.

PW never installed a smoke alarm on the Concord so could I buy a wireless one off the shelf and easily install it.

My final question is does the Euro Concord support the Superbus 2000 RS232 interface. I know the manufacturers say minimum Ver 2.5 software. I checked the Ver on the Concord and it reports 2012220. This unit opens up a lot of possibilities on the Concord if it does.

If you do get a new one then the coding will have to match what is in the control panel for it to work.
    Smoke detectors can be added once you have the engineer code.
    I have never used the RS232 on the panel.

Just doing a further bit of research on the X10 situation and they state that you need a Power Line Carrier Transformer in order to control the X10 function on the Concord. I can see an example of the Power Line Carrier Card but cannot see the transformer. As I said previously, I know the X10 switch was working with the old Nynex panel but can't say for certain it was working with the Concord panel.

It is built into the control panel.
    All P.W. Concord systems can control X-10.

Adjacent to the main panel there's another smaller beige plastic box with two thin antennae and a small red LED. I'm assuming this is some sort of wireless bridge that's receiving signals from the original alarm sensors and sending them to the Concord panel. Does this sound right ?

This is a 319 receiver. If you had one of the classic systems installed then P.W. would of upgraded the system using the Concord system and receiver to pick up the older sensors. The Concord itself uses 433 for it devices.

Once again thanks for that Altor.

Just an update on the system so far.

1) Called to Reliable Security in Drumcondra and purchased a 12v 2.3ah backup battery. Cost €8.60 inc vat. Control panel low battery condition resolved.

2) Called to RS Radionics Herberton Road. 10 Saft batteries 3.6v purchased at €6.85 per battery. Total €68.50. Replaced all shock sensor and motion sensor batteries and walk tested the system. All reported ok.

For a total of €77.10 the Concord has gone from being a plastic brick on the wall to a fully functioning intruder alarm that will call my mobile in the event of an alarm condition. It's exactly what I wanted from day one and was assured by PW that this would never happen. Again a debt of gratitude to alarm king lol.

In time I will add a smoke detector and replace that possibly faulty x10 wall switch and do a little further Googling on the possibility of adding an RS232 interface to the control panel.

Once again thanks for that Altor.

Just an update on the system so far.

1) Called to Reliable Security in Drumcondra and purchased a 12v 2.3ah backup battery. Cost €8.60 inc vat. Control panel low battery condition resolved.

2) Called to RS Radionics Herberton Road. 10 Saft batteries 3.6v purchased at €6.85 per battery. Total €68.50. Replaced all shock sensor and motion sensor batteries and walk tested the system. All reported ok.

For a total of €77.10 the Concord has gone from being a plastic brick on the wall to a fully functioning intruder alarm that will call my mobile in the event of an alarm condition. It's exactly what I wanted from day one and was assured by PW that this would never happen. Again a debt of gratitude to alarm king lol.

In time I will add a smoke detector and replace that possibly faulty x10 wall switch and do a little further Googling on the possibility of adding an RS232 interface to the control panel.

Glad I could help, all easy when you know how :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tony50

i have the same concord panel iam getting signal to say battery low.Phonewatch want 150 for batteries, Can you help me to change batteries. I .have master code 12345 if thats any use.Idont have a clue what im doing so any help would be appreciated/

tony50 wrote: »
    i have the same concord panel iam getting signal to say battery low.Phonewatch want 150 for batteries, Can you help me to change batteries. I .have master code 12345 if thats any use.Idont have a clue what im doing so any help would be appreciated/

If you press the star button it will list off the sensors that need new batteries.
    If you have a few low batteries I would just replace them altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tony50

it says system low battery failure phone failure trouble

tony50 wrote: »
    it says system low battery failure phone failure trouble

Can you ask questions in one thread please. Makes it easier to help :)

Further update.

Got lamp module from the UK and x10 light function working perfectly now. Original wall switch was obviously fried.

A further question on this control panel. I have an internal siren hard wired into the system. It doesn't appear to be working. The only siren sound I get is from the control panel itself. I can't seem to find a section in the installation manual where I can actually test it. I removed the cover to inspect it and no tamper warning was issued by the system. It is either disabled or broken.

Would you have any ideas or suggestions on this one.

• Advertisement

Further update.

Got lamp module from the UK and x10 light function working perfectly now. Original wall switch was obviously fried.

A further question on this control panel. I have an internal siren hard wired into the system. It doesn't appear to be working. The only siren sound I get is from the control panel itself. I can't seem to find a section in the installation manual where I can actually test it. I removed the cover to inspect it and no tamper warning was issued by the system. It is either disabled or broken.

Would you have any ideas or suggestions on this one.

Good to hear you got it working :)

I suspect the internal bell is not an internal bell. Sounds like a speaker.
    Can you post a picture to be sure?

Put a 12v supply to that box that I thought was a bell earlier today. No doubt now it's a bell. It would make your ears bleed.

Got a length of CAT5 cable, connected to terminal 1 12v and terminal 7 output 1. Programmed output 7 to 01400 and have an extremely effective siren working now.

Seems the butcher from Phonewatch just cut the internal siren from the previous install and never bothered to reconnect to the Concord panel. The panel speaker wouldn't wake a baby. Suppose it was too much like hard work at the time. That's another feature working now.

I tried to use the Local Phone option to access the panel but all I get from the phone when I dial in the relevant command is the number unobtainable tone. I do all this within the allowed 5 seconds and I'm thinking it's something to do with the filter/splitter they install to allow you to use the same connection for landline/alarm/broadband. I wonder if I'm on the right track with this.

Put a 12v supply to that box that I thought was a bell earlier today. No doubt now it's a bell. It would make your ears bleed.

Got a length of CAT5 cable, connected to terminal 1 12v and terminal 7 output 1. Programmed output 7 to 01400 and have an extremely effective siren working now.

Seems the butcher from Phonewatch just cut the internal siren from the previous install and never bothered to reconnect to the Concord panel. The panel speaker wouldn't wake a baby. Suppose it was too much like hard work at the time. That's another feature working now.

I tried to use the Local Phone option to access the panel but all I get from the phone when I dial in the relevant command is the number unobtainable tone. I do all this within the allowed 5 seconds and I'm thinking it's something to do with the filter/splitter they install to allow you to use the same connection for landline/alarm/broadband. I wonder if I'm on the right track with this.

Usual :D

You could disconnect the filter to see if it is that interfering.

altor wrote: »
    Usual :D

You could disconnect the filter to see if it is that interfering.

This is no standard filter. It looks like a standard RJ45 jack connector with twin inputs, one for phone line and one for broadband except it is twice the depth, it was fitted as a replacement when they swapped out the old Nynex panel. I still can't post photos to show you.

This is no standard filter. It looks like a standard RJ45 jack connector with twin inputs, one for phone line and one for broadband except it is twice the depth, it was fitted as a replacement when they swapped out the old Nynex panel. I still can't post photos to show you.

OK, when you remove the first socket you will see the cable crimped into the alarm in/alarm out on the reverse side of it. Disconnect the alarm in and connect direct to your main line. This is located behind the other part of the socket located on the wall. It is the L1/L2 on this part of the socket and test.

OK, when you remove the first socket you will see the cable crimped into the alarm in/alarm out on the reverse side of it. Disconnect the alarm in and connect direct to your main line. This is located behind the other part of the socket located on the wall. It is the L1/L2 on this part of the socket and test.

Will do and I'll report back here with the results. Thanks again for all your help.

Will do and I'll report back here with the results. Thanks again for all your help.

More than happy to help :)

More than happy to help :)

Just before I opened the RJ45 I noticed in the manual that the default option for Local Phone is ON. I checked the panel to verify this and guess what, Phonewatch had this set this to OFF. So that was the Domestic Dialler and the Local Phone options that were both changed by Phonewatch from their default settings.

All looking good now. At last I have an alarm system I paid for in my control. I'm off to do some event programming tomorrow and put this beast to the use it was designed for.

I know the Concord panel is old tech but it has some serious fire power under the hood. The final part of the jigsaw puzzle is to fit a smoke alarm and I reckon I have an intruder system that will last for another couple of years at least, and all thanks to your good self.

Just before I opened the RJ45 I noticed in the manual that the default option for Local Phone is ON. I checked the panel to verify this and guess what, Phonewatch had this set this to OFF. So that was the Domestic Dialler and the Local Phone options that were both changed by Phonewatch from their default settings.

All lo

By default these are on, strange why they where off.

• Advertisement

By default these are on, strange why they where off.

Exactly what I thought too. I definitely didn't change them as I only had installer access quite recently and hadn't had the install manual until you sent it to me. Would it be anything to do with reducing your level of control on their system.

Advertisement