Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Blocks

• 30-11-2015 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i could easily buy 9 blocks? Having a timber shed delivered Wednesday and need them quickly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

thegrayson wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i could easily buy 9 blocks? Having a timber shed delivered Wednesday and need them quickly.

I am sure Roadstone (N17) would give them to you for free if they have loose ones lying around. 9 might be a bit heavy for one trip depending on your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Was afraid that might be the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

9 Blocks spread out around the car would be fine

A block wouldn't be over 30kg, so 3 in the passenger seat (or floor) and 3 each side in back would only be same as having 3 big enough lads in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly the likes of McDonaghs, Woodies or B&Q would have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Higgin's in Shantalla and Chadwicks have them. Much handier if your in the city center. Handily a friend came to the rescue. No purchase required.

... and the car handled the blocks far better than i did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

9 Blocks spread out around the car would be fine

A block wouldn't be over 30kg, so 3 in the passenger seat (or floor) and 3 each side in back would only be same as having 3 big enough lads in the car.

blocks are more like 5kg

Notch000 wrote: »
    blocks are more like 5kg

A solid 4 inch concrete block (the most common type) are around 20kg a 6 inch one a good bit more, up around 30kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

ok, im stronger than I thought so !!

Advertisement