Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UnFair Warning

• 11-01-2014 10:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I made the below post in the You Laugh You Lose thread found here and received what I believe to be an unfair warning for it.
    I said this jokingly because I thought the pictures posted were cute. (I'm an animal lover so I'm fond of anything remotely related to animals)
    I didn't spam the Thanks button at all, I only gave 2 Thanks to the 2 dog related posts which I liked.
    I'm not really sure why I was warned maybe it was the fact I mentioned the word "Spam" or was it that I posted in a Picture thread, whatever it is I apologies for it.
    I read the charter I was told to read by the mod and I don't see anything on there that could explain why I was warned.
    I believe this to have been very unfair as I'm sure you can check from all 1,500+ of my posts on this Website, I haven't received any sort of warning for any.
    Thank you,
    Alan.
    I love all those dog ones. Spammed the Thanks button :)
    Edit 1: Maybe I jumped the gun posting here as I have just received a reply from the mod whom issued the warning. It was against the charter to chat.

Edit 2: From my chat with DD9090 I was told that any chat on the thread is prohibited, although I wasn't able to find any evidence of where this was stated.
    There are over 350+ pages in that thread so if it was said it would've been very difficult for me to sift through it all and find it.
    Because of how many pages there was I just read the OP which states,
    "Excessive chat will result in cranky mods and possibly bans and infractions and all that crap."
    Personally, I do not think 1 post about dogs would hardly be considered excessive.
    I don't understand why if this was against the rules my post wasn't just deleted or me being messaged saying my post was against the charter.
    A warning seems far too excessive as I was merely abiding by the forums own charter.
    I abided by the charter and the OP so I really can't fathom the reason why I received this warning.
    I really hope this is all just a silly misunderstanding as I don't want to tarnish my 1,500 posts and the history I have here at Boards.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Again my apologies.
    Regards.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement