Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More ant problems

• 07-08-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Yesterday the wife pointed out a little pile of what looked like cement dust beside a bit of skirting, paid no attention to it but it doubled in size this morning, took the skirting back to find a few ants, not to many but they have done a good bit of damage to the wall behind the skirting, i dont want to atart chiseling out a lump of wall looking for a nest so is there anything out there that will kill em off once and for all i put some ant killer spray down havnt seen any in the last hour but dont know if that will last.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Yes,there are plastic things in B&Q (and I presume Woodies) that have poison in them. You place them in their usual haunts. They don't trap the ants, but it attracts them to walk through it. They get the stuff on their feet and then they trot back to the nest with it.

The nest will be gone in a few days. I've used them several times over the years and it's the only thing that's effective.

Advertisement