Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Mr SmartAss ;)

How can two people singlehandedly do something?

jesus man it's a tv show about a zombie apocalypse, stop nit picking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

So I started to watch the show from the beginning last night. Yesterday on here I read about the 'climbing dead' in that one scene when Rick and Glenn were being chased.

However, I noticed the dead were also climbing onto the tank Rick sought refuge in!?

Not only that, but when the Rick meets up with Andrea, T dog etc in that department store, the dead begin to use rocks to try and smash the windows to get at them.

More dodgy writing or the 'evolving dead'?!

Don't know what to make of it! A lot of holes in the writing. I do enjoy the show despite that. Still though, makes you wonder how these people are in the jobs they're in!

as much of a critic as I have been of this show, that kind of plot holing doesn't actually bother me overmuch. yeah it's an issue but it's easier to write off as mistakes or the reality of having 5 million writers writing different episodes every season, it's the bad characters that annoy me mostly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

I love the show.

It is what it is. Brain dead TV. I don't care much about the characters individually but I do like the zombie killing and the high morale ground stuff, that always fails apart.

My second favourite show after "Justified".

more people need to watchy justified :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Are the comics available for the iPad ? also , what do you reckon the migration of the walkers was about ? the coming winter ? they dont like the cold, perhaps s3 will see the survivors head north ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

jcf wrote: »
    Are the comics available for the iPad ?

yes, my cousin in america sent them to me only last week, all 94 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

jcf wrote: »
    Are the comics available for the iPad ? also , what do you reckon the migration of the walkers was about ? the coming winter ? they dont like the cold, perhaps s3 will see the survivors head north ...

There's no reason why walkers shouldnt "feel" cold or hungry, it depends on brain function. They may be clinically dead from the head down but i suppose the remaining brain function might direct them to eat or 'feel' the cold.

I don't see how the cold would slow them down though.

And i dont think what we saw was a "migration", more just walkers following a helicopter then picking up numbers as they walked (herd mentality).

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Just found a workprint for the final episode of season 3. The baby's been born :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Well it's the only possible explanation I can think of that she would look like that. Unless she was a dominatrix in her previous life and they were her pet gimps that she liked to keep chained up behind her. But when the zombie apocalypse happened she fled but not before her gimps were attacked and disarmed but she lost the keys to their chains so now she has to walk around with them all of the time. Yes I made up the ninja bit, but it was a joke on how she was introduced, like some sort of Jedi. As the poster above said, it was like a different genre (pretty much agree with everything else also, particularly Herschel)

You talked about her in the comics so you obviously already know her back story, I dont. I can only comment on what I have seen. So to call it unrealistic because she may turn out to be the same as she is in the comics is jumping the gun.
    So yes I found her few seconds so far unrealistic in the context of the show, much more so then a lot of things that the show has previously been criticized for. I think they will tone her down next season, or at least I hope they do.

Like I said it was a brief encounter, people are jumping the gun on this because the comic book character seems to have been a bit over the top. Someone said it seemed off because of the tone, if thats the case then this is the tone they should be trying to set. Dark, mysterious, unnerving cliff hanger style stuff as opposed to Eastenders after a zombie apocalypse.

But it was the finale and it was a character introduction to set up the third series. Just as the camera panning to the eerie looking prison in the end scene was overdone just to give extra effect to set up the next series. Its was impact stuff, not bread and butter story lines like the other crap people complain about.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    That's not my point. It's the tone; her appearance was silly & cheesy in its execution. Silliness and cheesiness did not appear to be the tone they were going for up until that point. Like I said, not wanting to overanalyse, it was just dumb.

I have been very critical of the show but I didnt find her introduction cheesy, I thought it was very well done. Reminded me of The Road or something. I thought it brought a much needed bit of atmosphere and mystery to the show. Considering it was the finale and they were trying to set up the third series you cant read too much into it about what the character will actually be like but someone said ages ago that this show was made for a classic cliff hanger style structure. This is the stuff they should be doing more often, keep it dark, give plenty to talk about but dont give too much away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

This is the stuff they should be doing more often, keep it dark, give plenty to talk about but dont give too much away.
    So true MungBean, the best bits as far as visual impact is concerned are when they lift frames from the comic. Hopefully we get more of that and less Waltons mountain with zombies.

MungBean wrote: »
    I have been very critical of the show but I didnt find her introduction cheesy, I thought it was very well done. Reminded me of The Road or something. I thought it brought a much needed bit of atmosphere and mystery to the show. Considering it was the finale and they were trying to set up the third series you cant read too much into it about what the character will actually be like but someone said ages ago that this show was made for a classic cliff hanger style structure. This is the stuff they should be doing more often, keep it dark, give plenty to talk about but dont give too much away.

What exactly about a samurai sword wielding hooded character with 2 zombies on chains reminded you of The Road??

If anything it's the breakdown of humanity and how that occurs in an apocalypse setting that should remind you of that movie.

Hygro wrote: »
    What exactly about a samurai sword wielding hooded character with 2 zombies on chains reminded you of The Road??

If anything it's the breakdown of humanity and how that occurs in an apocalypse setting that should remind you of that movie.

The atmosphere it created I was talking about. Its darker than anything else in the show so far. The Road was pretty simple and kinda boring but it had some high impact very dark unnerving scenes where you realised not everyone is a good person and given free reign the bad ones will do some nasty shít.

This scene reminded me of that, mysterious figure chained to walkers wandering through a forest littered with them. To me it was unnerving more than it was cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Bad Panda wrote: »
    So I started to watch the show from the beginning last night. Yesterday on here I read about the 'climbing dead' in that one scene when Rick and Glenn were being chased.

However, I noticed the dead were also climbing onto the tank Rick sought refuge in!?

Not only that, but when the Rick meets up with Andrea, T dog etc in that department store, the dead begin to use rocks to try and smash the windows to get at them.

More dodgy writing or the 'evolving dead'?!

Don't know what to make of it! A lot of holes in the writing. I do enjoy the show despite that. Still though, makes you wonder how these people are in the jobs they're in!

snap - I started back on it last night too - why didn't the horse end up being eaten when Rick came across him first out in the boonies????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

You forgot Falling Skies..............:D
    just remembered the killing is back same day as game of thrones, i know what ill be watching first;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I avoided this thread actively this season because, without being an ass, the sheer negativity present had overwhelmed everything else in the thread last season. It boxes you into defending the show rather than simply talking about it. That makes you enjoy the experience less.

Season one had issues, but some fantastic potential and some wonderful moments. Season two furfilled that promise almost perfectly.

They slowed things down for the first half of the season and the characters finally had a chance to breathe and reflect on their situation. They grew.

The second half was wonderful from start to finish, the season finale being more powerful a statement of what the show can be than the pilot. Beautiful cinematography, fantastic action, consistent characters and genuine arcs concluded and started all conspired to make the second half of the season the perfect answer to anyone who thought the first half of the season was aimless or boring - it reset the pace of the show and allowed what happened in the latter episodes to have real resonance.

The Walking Dead is now among the very best shows on television.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I liked the second half of season two better than the first. It had a better pace and it also seemed darker and more threatening.
    Season 1 was good, promised much and set up season 2, the trouble was the change of pace was too much too soon. Hopefully 3 will continue with a the pace of the last half of 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

when do ye think we'll see a season 3?last episode friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Season 3 will most likely re air sometime next october. Filming of season 3 will begin May 1st, script and story have already been written.So seeing as all the preparation for the next season seems to have gone quicker than last year for season 2 maybe well be lucky and see season 3 air sometime in september like all other shows on tv:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

generally it premiers around halloween, id say to they break it into two 8 episode blocks, with probably 2 or so months between them,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Syferus wrote: »
    The Walking Dead is now among the very best shows on television.
    LOL. I wasn't going to negatively comment in this thread again but honestly I don't know how the fcuk can anyone who watches tv shows think this show is great.

For a start, the writing is pure garbage, and this has been well documented throughout this thread. Massive plotholes galore and plain stupid writing in every episode.

Most of the characters are useless and uninteresting (Carol, T-Dawg), some just pure annoying (Lori, Carl, Dale). The actors are not great at portraying the characters either. The guy playing Rick is useless, seriously, his voice is just so hamfisted. I laughed at his big speech at the end of the season finale. "It's not a democracy any more" - I don't remember it ever being a democracy as Rick always made the decisions. The characters are regularly inconsistent in their actions and do the dumbest things (see Lori for best examples).

As for the finale, what happened, we got half an episode of them getting chased by zombies, none of the stuff happening made any sense. Followed by some boring talk between the characters, like Glenn to Maggie "I love you, should've told you a long time ago." - even though he only met her 2 weeks ago - more bad writing.

Some of the killing zombies action is quite good, but it's not really anything we haven't already seen in countless zombie films. I think the biggest fans of the show have to be the people who love the comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

LOL. I wasn't going to negatively comment in this thread again but honestly I don't know how the fcuk can anyone who watches tv shows think this show is great.

For a start, the writing is pure garbage, and this has been well documented throughout this thread. Massive plotholes galore and plain stupid writing in every episode.

Most of the characters are useless and uninteresting (Carol, T-Dawg), some just pure annoying (Lori, Carl, Dale). The actors are not great at portraying the characters either. The guy playing Rick is useless, seriously, his voice is just so hamfisted. I laughed at his big speech at the end of the season finale. "It's not a democracy any more" - I don't remember it ever being a democracy as Rick always made the decisions. The characters are regularly inconsistent in their actions and do the dumbest things (see Lori for best examples).

As for the finale, what happened, we got half an episode of them getting chased by zombies, none of the stuff happening made any sense. Followed by some boring talk between the characters, like Glenn to Maggie "I love you, should've told you a long time ago." - even though he only met her 2 weeks ago - more bad writing.

Some of the killing zombies action is quite good, but it's not really anything we haven't already seen in countless zombie films. I think the biggest fans of the show have to be the people who love the comics.

i think its a very good show aswell not brilliant but very good

The show is based on a comic, it's about zombies ... it's not gonna be Shakespeare :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hygro wrote: »
    The show is based on a comic, it's about zombies ... it's not gonna be Shakespeare :)
    Is there any echo in this thread?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Is there any echo in this thread?

Hello....Hello....Hello.....Hello

Its a zombie show ffs
    ....ffs.....ffs....ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

feeney92 wrote: »
    Did any1 Else notice glenn and his bitch said they wernt going back to the highway because of the Horde and then suddenly they wer there? :S

Maggie was upset and scared and didnt want to go back so Glenn got in the driver seat, told her he loved her, calmed her down and then they probably went back. Think Daryl also said something about finding him on the road so even if they were wandering off he may have gathered them up.

Wouldnt be so sure Maggie is the bitch in that relationship either. :D

Advertisement