Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I hope Pat doesnt end up like other winners of our talent shows,Chris Doran and Micky Joe Harte spring to mind

Was thinking the very same thing. It's a shame that so many talelnted Irish artists never seem to make it overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

flutegirl wrote: »
    Was thinking the very same thing. It's a shame that so many talelnted Irish artists never seem to make it overseas.

MJ Harte he should have called himself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Can I add Simon Casey to the list
    Now HE was haawwwtt!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

This a joke? The Voice?
    The guy CANNOT sing!
    He looks like a spud with red hair and who the hell is going to take a 'star' with the name 'Pat Byrne' seriously? Are we going to have stars with the name 'Mick Ryan' or 'Joe Flynn' or 'John Maher'? Really exotic I must say!
    He absolutely murdered the song.
    He's no Old Satchmo, that's for sure.
    I would pick the dwarf fella before him and he wasn't great with his receding hair line and tiny little feet.
    Ask a bunch of uncultured culchies to vote on music and this is what you get.
    Their grandparents inflicted Show Bands and Irish Country on this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Pat's toughest competition was last week when he defeated Conor.

His Semi-final was harder than his final.

Not unlike Leinster in the H Cup- Allez les bleus !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

snafuk35 wrote: »
    This a joke? The Voice?
    The guy CANNOT sing!
    He looks like a spud with red hair and who the hell is going to take a 'star' with the name 'Pat Byrne' seriously? Are we going to have stars with the name 'Mick Ryan' or 'Joe Flynn' or 'John Maher'? Really exotic I must say!
    I would pick the dwarf fella before him and he wasn't great with his receding hair line and tiny little feet.

Very funny. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Now HE was haawwwtt!

now SHE was hawwwwttttt!!!!!!

leanne_moore.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Delighted for Pat. He's a great lad. Hope he does well out of this.

I'm also delighted for myself. I'm just after winning €210. I put the bet on nearly 3 months ago. I'm amazed I didn't lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Yea because us culchies voted for that george tool as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

This a joke? The Voice?
    The guy CANNOT sing!

Actually was my parents (father at least) not grandparents that inflicted show bands on us when he was in his band back in the 60s and 70s. Pat can sing, he has something special too. As for his name, nothing wrong with it, he probably will not go any further than Ireland anyway so no biggie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

New stage name. I will put forward Redmond Fudd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

now SHE was hawwwwttttt!!!!!!

leanne_moore.jpg

Didn't know Lucy Ewing did a reality singing show?!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Pat is Irelands answer to Ed Sheeran. !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

This a joke? The Voice?
    The guy CANNOT sing!
    And you are? At least I hope you are 6ft and drop dead hot.Cos thats quite a statement,,

Witchie wrote: »
    Actually was my parents (father at least) not grandparents that inflicted show bands on us when he was in his band back in the 60s and 70s. Pat can sing, he has something special too. As for his name, nothing wrong with it, he probably will not go any further than Ireland anyway so no biggie.

Are you deaf? The man CANNOT sing. He seems to be gruggling phlem. If that's what you singing then I must disrespectfully disagree.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Are you deaf? The man CANNOT sing. He seems to be gruggling phlem. If that's what you singing then I must disrespectfully disagree.:mad:

What do you call singing so? Who's your example of a good singer?

Colmo52 wrote: »
    What do you singing so?

Just because I can't sing does that disqualify me from criticising Pat Bryne.
    By that same logic nobody who can't sing should be allowed to vote for him either. I'm quite sure most of the people on this thread can't sing but they feel free to be able to praise his singing. So why am I not entitled to my opinion? He's godawful is what he is.

Colmo52 wrote: »
    What do you call singing so? Who's your example of a good singer?

He was singing Old Satchmo's song.
    This is how it should be sung. Not murdered by some spud headed culchie.

I could pick a string of great singers with different styles : Marty Robbins, Paul Anka, Andy Williams, Johnny Cash, Jim Morrison, Elvis, Sinatra, Tom Jones, Perry Como, Pavarotti, Count John McCormack, Ronan Tynan and not to mention Trololo!

He was singing Old Satchmo's song.
    This is how it should be sung. Not murdered by some spud headed culchie.

OK he did not sing it to your standard?? But what makes it ok for you to call him a "spud headed culchie" Where's your evidence for that? If you did not enjoy the show or thread why are you commenting? Why are you not in a thread that you are interested in? Ohhh reaction.I forgot.I reacted..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

DONT FEED THE TROLLS.

• Advertisement

jluv wrote: »
    OK he did not sing it to your standard?? But what makes it ok for you to call him a "spud headed culchie" Where's your evidence for that? If you did not enjoy the show or thread why are you commenting? Why are you not in a thread that you are interested in? Ohhh reaction.I forgot.I reacted..

Is this a star? With a head like that?

0.jpg

I rest my case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Daniel, William, Thomas and Jessica are doing a great job on the UK Voice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

God Alexandra Burke is gone to the dogs - she's doing all this dancy stuff and her stylist should be shot! Sorry just watching it now hence the late comments!

Delighted for Pat!

Is this a star? With a head like t

0.jpg

I rest my case...
    Spud headed culchie..Still not seeing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

We had a bit of an un-official bar extension last night in Borris. Best night since the first half of the double. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Just because I can't sing does that disqualify me from criticising Pat Bryne.
    By that same logic nobody who can't sing should be allowed to vote for him either. I'm quite sure most of the people on this thread can't sing but they feel free to be able to praise his singing. So why am I not entitled to my opinion? He's godawful is what he is.

You misunderstood the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

This a joke? The Voice?
    The guy CANNOT sing!

Shush, child.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Duiske wrote: »
    We had a bit of an un-official bar extension last night in Borris. Best night since the first half of the double. :D
    I'm a blow in to Borris and I couldn't be more proud of Pat now. He gave it socks and is a deserving winner. Any Pat haters need to get their ears checked cos he can sing without a doubt. His musical style might not appeal to everyone but the majority of Ireland voted him as The Voice Of Ireland last night and all last week with downloads. If you don't like him you don't have to listen to him simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How did Kian perform? Was he able to sing, or did he at least sound decent?

BTW, he needs a style makeover big time. The clothes, and that 'hair' need addressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Not murdered by some spud headed culchie.

So you're an idiot and an asshole. Got it.

I was hoping for Richie to win, but there was no way he would with all the teenage girls voting for Pat. While he is very good, I would have put Conor before him. I didn't like him when I first saw him at the blind auditions, gurning in a really weird way. But then I took Bressie's advice and listened to him with my eyes closed and I was entranced, his voice is really unique and musically seductive. His performance of Everlong was amazing.

But again, the teenage girls came out in numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement