Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local bargains and various deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

snubbleste wrote: »
    25% off your groceries
    Supervalu has a spend €40 & get €10 off coupon

That was some offer. Thank you nama

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

bagels wrote: »
    Not countrywide

And that would be why it is in the Galway City forum!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Free breakfast roll!
    coupon for applegreen this saturday in today's Advertiser

Also Lidl in town have installed 3 express checkouts for those of us who don't do trollies. Very impressed with the quickness of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Dunnes have the spend 50 get 10 discount back

Dunnes have the spend 50 get 10 discount back
    Wha?
    It's been going since September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Wha?
    It's been going since September

It stopped around February?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Supervalu are giving free delivery from their online site in Galway despite order size. It's a local initiative so not country wide. They refund your delivery fee once your order is delivered. Seems it's ongoing since Christmas and expected to continue.

MrPrice & TerrylandFruitVeg selling 2l milk for €1.29

The Chili Shack
    €3.75 for a three-bean chili burrito or nachos in choice of style for one person (42% off)
    €4.50 for an beef chili burrito or nachos in choice of style for one person (44% off)
    €5 for an Irish beef chili Burger for one person (38% off)

Possible 5% cashback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

10 euro off delivered take out food at www.deliveroo.ie on an order of a min 15 euro order with code GALWAYFOOD.
    They have a few interesting places I haven't seen deliver before, Bite Club, Dough Bros, McCambridges, Rouge,Hooked etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

They have some bugs. If I type my address it says it's too far away. If I say Galway and drag the thingie to my address it seems ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

10 euro off delivered take out food at www.deliveroo.ie on an order of a min 15 euro order with code GALWAYFOOD.
    They have a few interesting places I haven't seen deliver before, Bite Club, Dough Bros, McCambridges, Rouge,Hooked etc.

I think theyre going for the delivery of dinner from better restaurants as opposed to just takeaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Zhivago have 10% off all Vinyl online on their new online store with the code "omgvinyl"

www.omggalway.com

Coupon in the Advertiser for 50% off any meal at Cantina, Topaz, Newcastle Rd
    Says valid until 31/05
    s3RdfVR.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Coupon in the Advertiser for 50% off any meal at Cantina, Topaz, Newcastle Rd

What page? Can't find it on the online version... going blind

JohnCleary wrote: »
    What page? Can't find it on the online version... going blind

page 33

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

The same company have two guys giving stamps just inside the entrance at nuig concourse for a free burrito tomorrow. Run!

I happened to be passing by today and finally tried them. Was surprised there was no pork, so got the beef although I was told the chicken was the most popular (and in fairness most appetising). Only overcooked white rice, looked to be the last of the beans, ok portion of beef, toppings lobbed smack in the middle. A very meagre portion compared to Boojum and the quality was nowhere near. The beef just tasted like stewed beef, no discernible marinade or flavour I could detect. For €3.50 it was fine, but if I had paid full price I wouldn't have been happy.

Noticed in the Advertiser (page 85) Tolteca is opening a second shop on bridge st and are doing €5 burritos until mid march. Maybe a better option, will have to give them a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Haven't eaten at Cantina myself but I was with a friend when he got a burrito, he didn't think much of it and physically, the portion was very small, literally half the size of a Boojum burrito. Hear great things about Tolteca though, must give it a go as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ate in Bridge Street Tolteca on Friday night (opening night) and it was savage. I have no incentive to ever go back to Cantina again unfortunately, as aside from their location being a bit off the beaten track, their food just wasn't on par with the likes of Boojum (and now Tolteca)

We somehow walked right by it. Girl at Bridge Mills handed us a flyer as we walked towards Monroe's. Was it behind us? Ended up in Boojum, no regrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I haven't been to Cantina and probably won't bother after reading the posts above, I ate in Tuco's on abbeygate street a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was class, will give Tolteca a try next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

+1 Tucos.

Had the Pulled Pork Tacos there, absolutely faultless. Portion size isn't massive, but it's a good lunch for a fiver. Flavour is just out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

got handed the flyer for the new tolteca on bridge st and in i went, pulled pork burrito for a fiver,was lovely too,cant go wrong for a fiver, personally i think 7.50 for any burrito is overpriced anyway,unless its a meal deal,5-6 euro for a burrito on its own..MAX, do that and you will have regular customers so long as foods good.

6 eggs 39c at Terryland Fruit&Veg

Marvin have €5 meal feasts for May.
    Stacks with other codes :cool:
    www.marvin.ie

Marvin have €5 meal feasts for May.
    Stacks with other codes :cool:
    Anyone see the best value option?
    https://www.marvin.ie/feasts-galway/

Does anyone get coupons ie. €10 off €50 spend from Nestors Supervalu?

• Advertisement

Galway Libraries offering free membership from next week

Advertisement