Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for (anything Christmas) in Galway City

• 10-11-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

2015 Christmas edition for anything related to Christmas - jumpers, food, presents, trees, wreaths, etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Hey guys
    Where can one get egg nogg in Galway coming into the festive season ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

We talking the proper stuff with alcohol or the virgin American prepack stuff they have in their supermarkets?

As far as I know, this is something you have to make yourself. Given the cream and cost of all the booze it's expensive and doesn't last long either. When done right it is freakin delicious tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tesco has it and Aldi/Lidl usually will have it on offer closer to christmas, but do try making it yourself, it's better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

biko wrote: »
    Tesco has it and Aldi/Lidl usually will have it on offer closer to christmas, but do try making it yourself, it's better.

Tesco in what section of the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Guffy

The young lad wants a red and green bin truck for Christmas . I've found a green one in Smyths.. does anyone have an iota of where i could get a red one?

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote: »
    Tesco in what section of the store?
    Not sure, ask next time you're in for shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

FYI I've been keeping an eye out since you said this, having never noticed it on previous years. Been to Tesco/Dunnes/Aldi all within the last few days and am certain they don't carry egg nog.

I am surprised at just how many types of milk they do carry when you actually stop and look. Skittles milk? Gah. Smart milk? It's amazing they don't carry it given some of the strange stuff I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Where sells 'nice'/non plain wellies for women please?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Little My

Where are people getting real trees this year? Coillte don't seem to be doing them, called 2 garden centres, €50 for 6ft. Is this expensive or just average?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Little My wrote: »
    Where are people getting real trees this year? Coillte don't seem to be doing them, called 2 garden centres, €50 for 6ft. Is this expensive or just average?
    Well this is last year
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057331283

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Ivor's in Westside have real trees. Last year I got a nice one in the B&Q garden centre, I imagine they're doing them this year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Little My wrote: »

I got a lovely 8ft in Coilte behind Monkey Business in Knocknacarra for €55 on Friday

Little stickers for presents?

183012520-christmas-mail-rubber-stamps-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=F97LvLti01Rq2RdVj5S67gT4tCbpdHIpwymHzN%2FtnqqWRxEMKWLG9AjVi5BnUFEM

8ft tree in woodies... 30 quid. Nice full tree

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Where sells 'nice'/non plain wellies for women please?

Try Portwest, I think they have decent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Little stickers for presents?

Try Art & Hobby in the Eyre Sq. Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Delicia

gufc21 wrote: »
    8ft tree in woodies... 30 quid. Nice full tree

Well now, with the Irish mammy head. where else would you be goin??

Delicia wrote: »
    Well now, with the Irish mammy head. where else would you be goin??

What are ya on about?

Advertisement