Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Which are Very Similar to Mass Effect Series??

• 01-06-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi im looking for games which are very simialar to the Mass Effect Series.

I have played through the interactive backstory comic for the first one on ps3, but never got to play mass effect 1 itself as i dont have a xbox.

I also just finished Mass Effect 2 which I have to say is now my favourite game ever made peroid! :D

I also just bought Mass Effect 3, which I cant wait to play.

But the question im asking is, is there any games out there for PS3 which are similar to the Mass Effect Series.

I love the decesion making aspect of the game in particular, along with the amazing story and the extremely long singleplayer which I got 60 hours out of on veteran difficulty on the first playthrough, so any suggestions would be much appreciated, Thanks everyone

Alot of people say dragon orgins but had a look at review and dont think fantasy rpg is my sort of thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Dragon Age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hi im looking for games which are very simialar to the Mass Effect Series.

I have played through the interactive backstory comic for the first one on ps3, but never got to play mass effect 1 itself as i dont have a xbox.

I also just finished Mass Effect 2 which I have to say is now my favourite game ever made peroid! :D

I also just bought Mass Effect 3, which I cant wait to play.

But the question im asking is, is there any games out there for PS3 which are similar to the Mass Effect Series.

I love the decesion making aspect of the game in particular, along with the amazing story and the extremely long singleplayer which I got 60 hours out of on veteran difficulty on the first playthrough, so any suggestions would be much appreciated, Thanks everyone

Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II

A similar game in that its an action RPG; the major difference being ME is a sci-fi game and DA is fantasy.

EDIT: Too slow

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Thanks to everyone so far will look up a bit on dragon age.
    Still open for plenty of suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Alpha Protocol, Not the best game. But is has that similar conversation system. Its fun for a shallow action fun just try not to read too much into the story cos its not worth it.

The Witcher series is worth looking at too, its Dragon Age with a more adult theme. Sex is persistent part of the game but doesnt make it cheap. The story is deep and has real world reflection like discrimination and politics. Similar conversation system and choices you make has great impact in gmae and carry over to the sequel. The game is only available on PC and Xbox360. Highly recommended.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Alpha Protocol, Not the best game. But is has that similar conversation system. Its fun for a shallow action fun just try not to read too much into the story cos its not worth it.

The Witcher series is worth looking at too, its Dragon Age with a more adult theme. Sex is persistent part of the game but doesnt make it cheap. The story is deep and has real world reflection like discrimination and politics. Similar conversation system and choices you make has great impact in gmae and carry over to the sequel. The game is only available on PC and Xbox360. Highly recommended.

Was thinking about Alpha Protocal alright but seems very buggy according to the reviews anyhow, dont have an xbox im afraid so cant try the other ones mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Was thinking about Alpha Protocal alright but seems very buggy according to the reviews anyhow, dont have an xbox im afraid so cant try the other ones mentioned.

Its buggy but not unplayable good for quick fun.
    Tried Deus Ex Human Revolution? I dont need to describe it since its been a big deal for awhile you can read about it everywhere. It has the future theme as Mass Effect.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Its buggy but not unplayable good for quick fun.
    Tried Deus Ex Human Revolution? I dont need to describe it since its been a big deal for awhile you can read about it everywhere. It has the future theme as Mass Effect.

Ah right thanks might check it out, had a look at deus ex review seems alright, might try pick it up cheap

Still open for more suggestions aswell from anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. It's for the PC and Xbox 1 though. They are like the younger brothers of the Mass Effect series, clones almost except for the Star Wars setting. 1 is made by Bioware and is better than the second that was made by Obsidian who did Alpha Protocol and were rushed by the publishers and suffered for it.

There is also Binary Domain. You can pick it up brand new for about €25 online as it flopped sales wise. It's not a bad game, just over looked. It's like Mass Effect, Gears of War and Metal Gear Solid had an orgy and this game was the result. Very action based with an arcadey feel but the story is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

How about the fallout series, bit more of a action game than M E though.

There is Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. It's for the PC and Xbox 1 though. They are like the younger brothers of the Mass Effect series, clones almost except for the Star Wars setting. 1 is made by Bioware and is better than the second that was made by Obsidian who did Alpha Protocol and were rushed by the publishers and suffered for it.

There is also Binary Domain. You can pick it up brand new for about €25 online as it flopped sales wise. It's not a bad game, just over looked. It's like Mass Effect, Gears of War and Metal Gear Solid had an orgy and this game was the result. Very action based with an arcadey feel but the story is decent.

The Star Wars ones sound good but unfortunately I dont have an xbox :( Will look up some info on the Binary Domain one you mentioned.
    How about the fallout series, bit more of a action game than M E though.

Is Fallout 3 really gorey/violent or can you turn that off in it? and can you make decesions effecting the story and things?

• Advertisement

Have decided to pick up Fallout 3 and see what its like anyhow, if anyone knows more games like mass effect please let me know, thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you're not afraid of old graphics then GoG.com has a load of old RPGs you can try out. They might be old but they are still amazing. Check out Planescape Torment, the Baldurs Gate games, Neverwinter Nights and Fallout 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Jade Empire.
    http://ie.ign.com/games/jade-empire/xbox-574497
    also a Bioware game. More feudal Japan than medieval.
    Still very good imo.

Advertisement