Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting a new H/W Tank fitted v's repair on current tank.

• 11-11-2013 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Just looking for an Approximate cost of getting a new factory insulated 30x18 tank supplied and fitted. My Current tank (38 years old) seems to have sprung a leak near the flange, but not near any seam. It was mentioned to me that this could be repaired by brazing brass onto it?

I'm wondering if it might be worth just replacing it with a properly insulated tank. It would have to connected up to the Central heating also.

Also, can you get tanks smaller than 30x18? I don't really have a need for storing whole lot of hot water.

I'm Fairly clueless when it comes to this sort of plumbing stuff.

Nate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Just looking for an Approximate cost of getting a new factory insulated 30x18 tank supplied and fitted. My Current tank (38 years old) seems to have sprung a leak near the flange, but not near any seam. It was mentioned to me that this could be repaired by brazing brass onto it?

I'm wondering if it might be worth just replacing it with a properly insulated tank. It would have to connected up to the Central heating also.

Also, can you get tanks smaller than 30x18? I don't really have a need for storing whole lot of hot water.

I'm Fairly clueless when it comes to this sort of plumbing stuff.

Nate

38 years??!! Replace it. You can get smaller but would be a special order so
    prob more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Replace.

If its gone so weak its gone in one place the rest is probably pretty poor too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Ok - so replacing it is the way to go - what sort of money would I be looking at? I've seen 30x18 insulated tanks online for ~€200 - what would the labour cost be to fit one, typically?

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Ok - so replacing it is the way to go - what sort of money would I be looking at? I've seen 30x18 insulated tanks online for ~€200 - what would the labour cost be to fit one, typically?

Nate

Typical would be €450 incl vat & labour. This would also include all necessary pipework adaptions, fittings & a new immersion.

Advertisement