Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Does anyone know how to go about getting the presale tickets tomoro?? Can I just buy them straight out or do I need some sort of password or code??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't know anything about the presale tickets, but i'm buying my ticket on Friday, that's IF Zhivago in Galway have them in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Looks like you don't need a presale code there on sale now although the caveat is that you have to preorder the album from ticket master on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

You need a password (but you don't have to buy the album).

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

ah cool i bought the album anyway. only buy 1 or 2 i want a year anyway. btw if anyone needs a password for the presale. pm me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

ah cool i bought the album anyway. only buy 1 or 2 i want a year anyway. btw if anyone needs a password for the presale. pm me!

PM sent..fingers crossed for a code..

WRLD51R3 is the presale code

WRLD51R3 is the presale code

Thanks, I got mine :-)
    Where did you get that code? was it from o2?

bergipau wrote: »
    Thanks, I got mine :-)
    Where did you get that code? was it from o2?

Slash put it up on Facebook because he is sound like that :)

Slash put it up on Facebook because he is sound like that :)

I dont know how I missed that, I checked FB and twitter and couldnt see it.

• Advertisement

bergipau wrote: »
    I dont know how I missed that, I checked FB and twitter and couldnt see it.

Yeah it was posted last night at 21.55, I had given up hope on getting presale ticks then I spotted that, happy days, pity such a long wait for the album :(

Yeah it was posted last night at 21.55, I had given up hope on getting presale ticks then I spotted that, happy days, pity such a long wait for the album :(

That explains it, I was searching before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Got my 2 tickets, he is after all, a feeling in your heart :):pac:

Got the Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Classic Rock Fan pack pre ordered... And in tour news, Glenn Hughes California Breed will be the support act for the U.K tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Got the Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Classic Rock Fan pack pre ordered... And in tour news, Glenn Hughes California Breed will be the support act for the U.K tour.

I remember seeing Glenn Hughes with another band (Black Country Communion I think the name is), and by god was he good. If that band dound anything like BCC, show up early!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    I remember seeing Glenn Hughes with another band (Black Country Communion I think the name is), and by god was he good. If that band dound anything like BCC, show up early!

Jason Bonham on drums anyways

Gleen Hughes is one hell of a vocalist/bassist, If California Breed do open for Slash in November i'm definitely getting to The O2 early, on a sidenote, the title track World On Fire will be the 1st single from Slash's new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

If California Breed are the support it will be an even better night, I saw Glenn just a few weeks ago at the Jon Lord tribute show singing alongside Bruce Dickinson. I got the album last week and it is a cracker.

Todd ''Dammit'' Kerns just posted a 30 second preview to the new Slash song

The riff that can be heard in episode 3 from the real to reel series is the riff for the first single.

http://m.3fm.nl/mobiel/nieuws/detail-id/359136/Voorproefje-van-Slash'-nieuwe-materiaal

Cover Art for the World On Fire single

10381978_10152129828081921_527162778520943497_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

New Slash song "World on Fire" in full:

Also, Monster Truck supporting in November.

World On Fire lyrics
    well they say that we are tragic and they say we’re born to lose
    you’re the misfit i’m the sinner you’re the heathen i’m the fool
    but today you’ll be the master or the slave it’s up to you
    or my beautiful disaster take me anywhere you choose

don’t fight it, ignite it
    this much i’m sure

i think it’s time to set this world on fire
    i think it’s time to push it to the edge
    burn it to the ground and trip the wire
    you may never be this good again

it’s like a new religion speaking tongues come see the light
    do not trip on inhibitions that will only waste my time
    let me tempt you with the evils of the flesh and so much more
    like a babylon redeemer like a pusher like a whore

just try it, you’ll like it
    i’ll give you more

burn it to the ground and trip the wire

it’s so dark i can’t see
    all the truth inside us
    all i want is to feel something that’s real before the end

<solo>

close the door
    turn the key
    do you like
    what you see

kill the lights
    oh come to me
    set it off tonight
    baby just like fire on gasoline

i’m so ****in’ bored so trip the wire

just trip the wire
    this world’s on fire
    just trip the wire

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

California Breed
    We are pleased to announce California Breed are Special Guests of Slash Nov. 28th thru Dec. 4th in the UK. Visit http://www.CaliforniaBreed.com for ticket/venue info. More soon! ‪#‎CaliforniaBreed‬

:(:(:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

grimm2005 wrote: »
    New Slash song "World on Fire" in full:

The breakdown at 2:58 is reminiscent of the one in Runnin' Wild by Airbourne.

California Breed

:(:(:(

We may not have gotten California Breed for Dublin, but Monster Truck aren't that bad a band to open for Slash

Just gave Monster Truck a blast there, they are really good, the lead singer has a great voice and they are rocking with a bit of a soundgarden/grundge vibe going, very pleased I must say, November can't come quick enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

New song is alright, nothing special about it really, much like the last album. I'm certainly not going to see him to hear his solo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

New album is a meh from me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Right its been given more spins since my meh comment

Like the poster said about the title track ringing Airbourne elements; a number of tracks on here seem to echo something you've heard before Battleground (Very The Last Fight by VR vibes), Dirty Girl (Aerosmithy) etc.

The production is top notch but thats obviously nothing to write home about if the songs have no substance and for the most part they don't with 17 tracks I guess there was a chance of filler and there is truck loads.

The songs are a mixed bag really straight up rock n' roll for the most part,An Instrumental (The Safari Inn),the odd ballad of course, it is surprising I think for this band though to go all political; Underneath The Savage Sun (about the slaughter of Elephants), The Unholy (About child abuse in the church).

Some fantastic riffs and solos on display, same with vocals melodies galore and overall band is tight to be fair, unfortunately for me though it doesn't comprise anything much song-wise.

I imagine Myles won't be winning over any of critics over off the back of this effort which is a shame.

Best tracks for me are Wicked Stone,Underneath the Savage Sun & The Dissident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jason Bonham on drums anyways

Joey Castillo on the throne now.

Advertisement