Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Outright Bet:
    Germany @ 4/1

Top Goalscorer Bets:
    Gomez @ 10/1, Benzema 20/1 and Lewandowski @ 50/1

Not much to say except I believe in this German side like I did Uruguay last summer. I think France have a real chance of doing well and possibly winning this too despite lack of talk about them.

Gomez is Gomez.

Benzema, as for comment above. Their main striker, etc, etc.

Lewandowski for an E/W bet is well worth having something on too IMO, he's been brilliant for BVB this season and Poland like so many host nations in the past might get swept up in the moment and play way above their ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

-Ade- wrote: »
    Outright Bet:
    Germany @ 4/1

Where did you get 4's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I'll definitely have a bet on France @ 10.50

I'm obviously biased but...
    -we are unbeaten in 18 games!!
    -we beat Brazil
    -we beat England in England
    -we beat the two host countries, Ukraine & Poland
    -we beat Germany in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

-Ade- wrote: »
    Outright Bet:
    Germany @ 4/1

Top Goalscorer Bets:
    Gomez @ 10/1, Soldado @ 33/1 and Lewandowski @ 50/1

Lewandowski for an E/W bet is well worth having something on too IMO, he's been brilliant for BVB this season and Poland like so many host nations in the past might get swept up in the moment and play way above their ability.
    I also expect us to play quite an attacking football, our NT team coach have no clue how to defend, his teams always were high scoring. And with Obraniak, Piszek and Blaszczykowski supplying, I think Lewandowski can score a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Thinking of backing Spain and Germany from the start at 5/2 and 7/2 as I really can't see anyone else winning it.

Lewandowski is worth a look at such a big price. Have my eye on Pavlyuchenko/Pogrebnyak at 66/1 too considering the quality of the group. I won't go near Soldado or Llorente until it becomes clear who is first choice.

There could be some value in Huntelaar at 20/1 also. He's got a very good recent record for the national team and his form has been fantastic for Schalke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The Dutch served me well in the last tournament so will have an E/W on them @ 7/1 as well as a decent single on Germany. Portugal @ 18/1 looks fairly good too

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Where did you get 4's?

Start of the year. First bet of the year actually.

stingerro wrote: »
    I also expect us to play quite an attacking football, our NT team coach have no clue how to defend, his teams always were high scoring. And with Obraniak, Piszek and Blaszczykowski supplying, I think Lewandowski can score a few goals.

Good to see you back Stinger. Yeah I just think an opening day win can spur the nation and team on. Once that momentum builds well, as we have seen with other host nations in the past.. it can take some stopping. That Dortmund spine, it's not really a spine as such but go with me, is excellent and Szczesny in goal you's have a very talented keeper.. you just never know. I don't know much about Obraniak myself except he used to be with Lille last season and Bordeaux now.

A lot of the other players are over my head I got to admit. Jelen aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

stingerro wrote: »

As i said, good to hear from ya!

Any chance refs will favour the host nations again?

I don't think refs protection is such a big issue in EC comparing to WC. But, we had to paid big money (mostly provided by Ukraine oligarchs) to get Euro 2012, maybe we have some eurocents left to paid referees as well :cool: Or at least Ukrainians have :).

TiltedBrain & Ade - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Like most on here i will be backing the Germans. Tough group but still its hard to look past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

it'll be whoever tops the group of death/ spain for the outright

France could go either way, never know what to expect from French teams at major tournaments! have the talent but we'll see.. could be dark horses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 aidantracey

Cant really see anyone from group A or C to go as far as final, Who ever tops group d will be my best bet, If portugal can come out of that group might be worth doing E/W at 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Can you bet on teams not to win?

Wondering what odds you can get on England inevitably doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Macronelf wrote: »

Stage of elimination
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/england-euro-2012-specials/stage-of-elimination
    Group Stage 15/8

To finish the group stage with under 4 points 13/5
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/england-euro-2012-specials/group-points-over-under

To win 0 group games 4/1
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/england-euro-2012-specials/how-many-group-matches-will-england-win

Take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

13/8 to go out in the group stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If you have a betfair account you could lay them to win the euros. The lay is currently about 11/1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Patriotic punt on Ireland to qualify from group at 4/1. Have had a few nibbles at 5/1 but that's gone now. Small weekly bets to pay for trip to Ukraine should they pull it off :D A reasonable enough price IMO although wouldn't back them any lower than the current 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anyone else think Torres at 20/1 is worth a bet considering his apparent return to form
    at the moment and with Villa's injury.

• Advertisement

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Torres at 20/1 is worth a bet considering his apparent return to form
    at the moment and with Villa's injury.
    Torres even when playing very well for Liverpool was struggling for Spain, with his direct style he's not a best fit for their Tiki-taka style. Still think Soldado and Llorente will be main strikers for Spain NT - for example Llorente despite being so dominant in the air, is much more comfortable in possession and building attacks than Torres. IMO Del Bosque will go for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

France worth a punt I reckon - new team, new manager, new era for them.

Already have a considerable lump on France to beat England in the groupstage - think they'll have far too much for the Eng crowd.

Serious money to be made at the Euro's lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

don't think Roy Hodgson will be able to command the dressing room, IMO

I see England having a shocking tournament and bowing out in the group stages with at most 3 points!

Poland could well make it out of their group

For top goalscorers I have a little provisional list of players I will keep an eye on!

whichever Russian striker looks to be a cert starter could be worth a gamble (Kerzhakov/Pavyluchenko)

Gomez for Germany as I expect them to reach the semi's at least (providing they make it out of that group)

whichever Spanish striker leads the line

RVP for Holland/ Benzema for France

England under Roy Hodgson strikes me as under 2.5 goals in their every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

I think that quiet a lot of the games will be under 2.5 goals and will end up as draws as well. A few daily doubles for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

don't think Roy Hodgson will be able to command the dressing room, IMO

I see England having a shocking tournament and bowing out in the group stages with at most 3 points!

Poland could well make it out of their group

For top goalscorers I have a little provisional list of players I will keep an eye on!

whichever Russian striker looks to be a cert starter could be worth a gamble (Kerzhakov/Pavyluchenko)

Gomez for Germany as I expect them to reach the semi's at least (providing they make it out of that group)

whichever Spanish striker leads the line

RVP for Holland/ Benzema for France
    10/11 with PP. I'm sure there's better value about. Anything better and I'm on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Going to have a big bet on Germany to win outright. Will also be putting 20 on France to Win w/ Benzema Top Scorer @100/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Threw a tenner on Lewandowski as top scorer at 50/1. If Poland win their first match against Greece and Lewandowski scores, I may consider just trading it out though depending on what his odds drop to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

jArgHA wrote: »
    Threw a tenner on Lewandowski as top scorer at 50/1. If Poland win their first match against Greece and Lewandowski scores, I may consider just trading it out though depending on what his odds drop to.

:pac:

Not the smartest trading plan if I can offer my opinion.
    Couldn't see it going below 40's - and you'd need to have a considerable wedge on it to make any money at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Cant really see anyone from group A or C to go as far as final, Who ever tops group d will be my best bet, If portugal can come out of that group might be worth doing E/W at 20/1

the groups in the image in the OP are wrong- only A is right, if that's what your basing that on. spain are in group C

Advertisement